• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Solid Series

Arwen

Lost Soul
I wonder if they will explain how Raiden died. They did with Grey Fox and Olga wasn't dead so she didn't need one. Well she was when Solidus killed her.

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
dalkin you cant tell me you think raidens dead and you have to be dead to wear a ninja suite nope raidens not dead ogl wasnt eaither and gray fox if you lisen'd to metal gear solid 1 it would tell you he didnt die he was just very very very close to death olg on the other hand didnt use the ninja suite for no other reason but to help and watch raiden..:p i so rock when it comes to metal gear:D

Arwen

Lost Soul
Konami have been reported to say that Raiden is in fact dead. That's why his bottom lip and eyes are black and not there usual color. What they say about Fox is that he was close to death but was brought back to life so in all fairness he was dead until they placed him the the suit. Olga could live without the suite Fox and Raiden can't. They are incorpreated into the suite which means they are prity much dead and not a living being. Like Fox I don't think Raiden opted for this but was also near death when he was placed in the suite.

Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots, Raiden appears wearing a cyborg ninja exoskeleton and fights several Metal Gear GEKKO units armed only with his high-frequency blade. According to lead character designer Yoji Shinkawa, Raiden is "falling apart" and has had most of his body parts replaced by cybernetic prosthetics. Hideo Kojima has also stated that his blood is no longer red, accounting for his pale appearance. In a recent MGS4 trailer, Raiden engages Vamp in a duel. Raiden fights recklessly by being stabbed multiple times by Vamp before impaling himself with his blade in order to injure Vamp. The fight sequence ends in a stalemate with Vamp and Raiden stabbing each other. They have a brief staredown which ends with Vamp asking Raiden if he will be the one to finally finish him. Although Raiden will not be a playable character in Metal Gear Solid 4, he will be constantly present throughout the game serving as Snake's backup. He will reportedly be playable in the next iteration of Metal Gear Online, a stand-alone game set in the MGS4 timeline.

Itachi Uchiha

forget myself..
close to death dosent mean he's dead dalkin gray fox was alive but close to death meaning he wasnt dead raiden idk am not in to him so he might have died with out my knowing olg was never dead

Arwen

Lost Soul
I never said she was until Solidus killed her at the end. Well he's not truly alive either not without help from the suite he wears. I mean if he took it off he'd not survive. He's on the border of death and life. Raiden I would say is the same. Taken from the war zone on the verge of death.

According to Konami Raiden was a success in MGS 2. I would have thought mostly with the girls.

You going to play the online MGS game?

Arwen

Lost Soul
I'm glad it going onto PS3 as I'd have to upgrade to play it on my PC.

It's such an old comp. I so need a new one.

yasoukyoku

SAVED!
Shame, Raiden was a bright young lad....erm...human in MGS2.
I like how the ninja look, Grey fox was crazy looking, olga was freakin huge(my fav) and raiden is dead,cool.

this is drawing a parallel to Zanzibar land dont you think?

Arwen

Lost Soul
Well Riaden has gotten better then he was in MGS2 but Fox is the coolest. I've never played Zanzibar so I can't comment on that. First MGS game I played was Tatical Espianage. Best MGS game they have done so far.
I so have to get the PC version of that game. The scenes I have seen from that version is awsome. I mean Mantis doing the fireball thing is great.
Anyone got that version?

Arwen

Lost Soul
I've only played the PS versions. I find sometimes controls on a keyboard fiddly. The ones with loads of action buttons are the worst like BloodRayne.

Arwen

Lost Soul
The action scenes are great in all the MGS games. I think that if they ever remake it they should only alter the graphis.

And thanks about my sig.

Arwen

Lost Soul
I did these two MGS sigs. What do you think?

fox.jpg

liquid.jpg

I want to do Mantis, Meryl and Sniper Wolf. Can anyone think of others?

Arwen

Lost Soul
I forgot how skilled fox is in the game. Actualy I don't like the sigs so I'll redo them.

Anyone one seen the MGS/SR-71 music vid?

Vamp would make a cool sig and fortune. I don't know MGS3 that well so I'm mostly doing MGS2 and MGS1 sigs. Maybe not Cambell or raven I don't think they are sig material.

Top Bottom