• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

ReaperHunter

Follow me to Apex
Premium
I'd buy the game either way but if Gray Fox is the main character of MGR2 that would be another item off the list of things I need to see before I die. (Ha after that I just need a resolution to the Dino Crisis 2 cliffhanger)

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Sorry everyone but this has supposedly been debunked:( I'd have loved to have seen a new MGR game but:http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/...a-denies-metal-gear-rising-2-tease&GroupKeys=

The man himself Kojima denied it and he may be doing so to keep it a surprise but I doubt that.
It didn't come from Kojima, it came from Geoff Keightley and.....
B8xbkmjCYAExgQd.png:large

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Repackage the first game with a few new enemies and weapons (all while doing nothing about the combat system because it's "perfect"), I imagine. Then slap a "2" on it.

Simple, easy, quick.

I don't know. P* isn't like Capcom though.

Kojima and them lie through their teeth all the time. It's happening. Watch.

Well now my interest has been lessened.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'd buy the game either way but if Gray Fox is the main character of MGR2 that would be another item off the list of things I need to see before I die. (Ha after that I just need a resolution to the Dino Crisis 2 cliffhanger)
I dunno how to say, but cliffhanger of DC2 was already cleared long ago.

Viper

Premium
Bayonetta (1&2) was actually fun.
Subjective opinion, while I myself did not have an opportunity to play MGR, a friend of mine loved it (and she was not in the fandom previously for her opinion to be biased).
Bayonetta is a modern version of magical girl oriented toward adults and older teens, whereas Raiden is Action man. That's the most obvious difference. Korra I'm not familiar with.

The Final Offer

Yeah. And its fun to do. If its fun, is it really bad?
From a non casual gamer standpoint. Yes. From a concerned fan. Yes.

Platinum Games are just slapping different names around simplistic gameplay of every one of their games. It's like adding the number "2" without any content backing it up. There isn't much difference between the games and that's ridiculous. Button mashers getting high praise? Is that what we're doing now?

The game is interesting trash as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, it's bright, flashy, and it's in a version of the MG universe, but it's NOT worth the retail price if it's button mashy. Fun is an opinion. Like I said before, I started on Hard. Beat every enemy the same way and after I beat the game, playthroughs started coming out and everyone was doing the same exact things as I and others had been doing, including Sam D. It's actually infuriating to know that there's a perfect formula in beating this game.

I want Platinum Games to actually try, instead of these phantom difficulties. Because, if you're playing Revengeance and it's a one on one fight, you'll see that nothing's actually changed. If you're facing multiple enemies, then expect a bunch of cheap off camera shots. To those that don't know, if you record yourself playing MGR, and then review how you died several times, you'd see that 90% of the time it's from something you couldn't predict nor could see.

I've said this about DMC's difficulty as well as other games, so this isn't just me nitpicking MGR or Platinum Games.

Oh and for those that wanna experience what button mashing is, just place Raiden on that beach at the beginning of the game and mash his attack buttons.

My point is, it stopped being fun after I found the formula. (Wolf boss fight.)

Top Bottom