• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
The first was a BLAST., if the second become better... OH MY GOD :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::happy::happy::happy::happy::D
Yep! If they make comlpete levels and not boss-only levels and make it 6 hours long + new weapons and enemies would be wonderful!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To be honest, I thought the game itself did address why Raiden joined Maverick and became involved in the military life again after 4.

Problem it was stuck in the codec calls rather than walled off in a cut-scene.

Basically they did talk about how cyborgs were discriminated against in normal society and how they lacked meaningful employment opportunities outside of the military life. Plus the cost of maintaining your cyborg enhancements ain't cheap hence why the opening of the cyborg staffing agency at the end was important since they lacked those kind of facilities before.

Basically Raiden suffered from those problems too (his whole body below the neck had cybernetics) nor do i think he had a bachelor degree for accounting in his back pocket (if he even went to college). So in order to provide for his family he had to go back to green collar work and Maverick was the best option. He knew the people in charge and they were more idealistic than the others, focusing on providing stability and training rather than getting involved in skirmishes.

So i think MGR had the potential to be a good story and interesting social commentary and i hope they do work on it if there is a next game.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Dominus

Sorry everyone but this has supposedly been debunked:( I'd have loved to have seen a new MGR game but:http://www.gameinformer.com/themes/...a-denies-metal-gear-rising-2-tease&GroupKeys=

The man himself Kojima denied it and he may be doing so to keep it a surprise but I doubt that.
They also denied that Phantom Pain was MGS5, and Platinum's director denied they were not developing the original MGR before it was revealed at the VGAs. I'm pretty sure that 2 meant MGR2 given their past trolling attempts. We have also seen several recent tweets of meetings between Kojima and PGs, and given the fact that MGR1's director hasn't been working on anything else I'm pretty sure it's in the planning stages or in development. Geoff also has been in on the previous 2 metal gear title reveals and trolls, so I'm sure he'd deny the game is being made.
Oh, thank God. :angel:
Why is it a good thing that this game isn't being made?

Frazz

General gamer
They also denied that Phantom Pain was MGS5, and Platinum's director denied they were not developing the original MGR before it was revealed at the VGAs. I'm pretty sure that 2 meant MGR2 given their past trolling attempts. We have also seen several recent tweets of meetings between Kojima and PGs, and given the fact that MGR1's director hasn't been working on anything else I'm pretty sure it's in the planning stages or in development. Geoff also has been in on the previous 2 metal gear title reveals and trolls, so I'm sure he'd deny the game is being made.

Why is it a good thing that this game isn't being made?
You do have a point however MGS V is a HUGE deal to people because it has a pretty big fan base I think but MGR is kinda niche so I'm not sure why he'd want to not announce it yet. You do absolutely have a decent point though and I hope you are right and that Kojima is pulling another "got you" gag on us!
Pls, don't. He's trolling, so don't take his bait. It wont do thread any good.
Also dude - I'm neutral to all this but you have trolled on the DmC threads by being as negative... I'm not attacking you but I would advise just keeping cool as DMC 4 Dante is. I know it's off topic but it needs to be said.

On topic though: I hope that if there is an MGR sequel then they have dedicated alternate weapons and a more effective dodging system as the X and Square thing doesn't work for me. I suppose a lack of dodge did make me better at partying but I would still like the option as a full fledged dodge.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
I suppose a lack of dodge did make me better at partying but I would still like the option as a full fledged dodge.
It makes me better at partying, too. XD

On-topic: But you're right, the dodge mechanic should've been better implemented.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Also dude - I'm neutral to all this but you have trolled on the DmC threads by being as negative... I'm not attacking you but I would advise just keeping cool as DMC 4 Dante is. I know it's off topic but it needs to be said.

On topic though: I hope that if there is an MGR sequel then they have dedicated alternate weapons and a more effective dodging system as the X and Square thing doesn't work for me. I suppose a lack of dodge did make me better at partying but I would still like the option as a full fledged dodge.
Being negative, doesn't mean trolling. If I said "I hope DmC2 never sees day of light", like this guy did, It would be trolling, which I don't intend to do, since I don't wish for it.
As for back on topic, dodging can simply be used same way NG does it by putting it on direction buttons during block.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Three things I'd like to say.

First and most important: All aboard the hype train! I'm stoked for this.

Second: I think a game centered around Gray Fox would be, honestly, a little boring. His death was iconic to the series and bringing him back, or setting it before MGS1, wouldn't work well. Bring him back and it nullifies the feels his death created, taking an amazing death and stomping on it (see what I did there?). Set it before MGS1 and all the enemies will be too technologically inferior to pose any sort of threat, unless you make the completely human enemies for some reason take several slashes to kill. And no, there will likely be no mechanical enemies. Unmanned Gears are a rather new thing come MGR, besides the Irvings. (though I really wouldn't mind a fight against Cocoon, Pupa and Chrysalis in an MGR type fight, let alone Peace Walker or the Shagohod) No, a story centered around Gray Fox would be more suited to an MGS style game, not MGR. (Plus I actually have the gall to like Raiden. Sue me, flame me, I don't care. I like him.)

Third: I really hope it's not as short as the first game. Considering the first game was made in little over a year I'm not knocking it for that, but the first half of the game definitely feels more polished than the latter. The first five levels are great, but the last three are disappointing. Escape from Denver is like ten minutes long, Desert Showdown is just the fight with Sam and the last level, which I don't remember the name of, is just as short as Escape from Denver and the only saving grace is the fight with Armstrong and EXCELSUS. Either make the levels longer, make more levels in total (eight is just galling) or both.

Dominus

I think the dodge system was fine, it just has to be a 8-way dodge like Sam's was, and not a 4-way directional dodge like Raiden's. Also the ability should be unlocked from the start.. Making dodge 2 buttons does free up the control scheme a little bit, because they already have two shoulder buttons for blade mode and run, and I assume in the sequel they probably will implement wall running (hopefully) which would probably use run as well.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Third: I really hope it's not as short as the first game. Considering the first game was made in little over a year I'm not knocking it for that, but the first half of the game definitely feels more polished than the latter. The first five levels are great, but the last three are disappointing. Escape from Denver is like ten minutes long, Desert Showdown is just the fight with Sam and the last level, which I don't remember the name of, is just as short as Escape from Denver and the only saving grace is the fight with Armstrong and EXCELSUS. Either make the levels longer, make more levels in total (eight is just galling) or both.
I just felt they ran out of time after Sundowner mission and made last part really short, so hopefully they'll have more time when it comes to new game.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Also dude - I'm neutral to all this but you have trolled on the threads by being as negative... I'm not attacking you but I would advise just keeping cool as DMC 4 Dante is. I know it's off topic but it needs to be said.

Of course he is. Just ignore that stuff. He was the only one to bring in Devil May Cry for no rhyme or reason in this thread. So, what does that say?

I don't know why people always compared this game to that. Apples and oranges. MGR was more like Ninja Gaiden than anything.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Of course he is. Just ignore that stuff. He was the only one to bring in Devil May Cry for no rhyme or reason in this thread.
Look um... I just got out of flame war (one that I was trying to stop by staying on-topic, btw), and I don't want to see this thread get dragged down, either. I've let the mods know already about the potential fire that could break out here at any moment, so they're watching.

This isn't against you, it's just a fair warning to anyone who insists on going off-topic.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Look um... I just got out of flame war (one that I was trying to stop by staying on-topic, btw), and I don't want to see this thread get dragged down, either. I've let the mods know already about the potential fire that could break out here at any moment, so they're watching.

This isn't against you, it's just a fair warning to anyone who insists on going off-topic.
I'm not getting involved in anything. Let's just all ignore the pointless post.

We're talking about MGR, which is happening even if Kojima says its not. I wonder if he now just doesn't have as much fun anymore because everyone catches on so quick.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Same here. Remember when he "denied" the fact that he was involved in Silent Hill about two years ago?
I don't remembering him denying anything about Silent Hill, just the fact that he was interested. It's probably what got Konami to make that dream a reality. And with Guillermo Del Toro involved too, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Yes, yes, yes, and more yes.

Top Bottom