• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Metal Gear Rising 2 teased at Taipei Game show

Dominus

Ripped straight from the Neogaf thread, here you go:
8jXWpK5.png

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=983000

lorddemolatron

I think im sort of dimensional traveller lol
Premium
Played first one on PC and liked it so if Sequel gets also PC port im getting it too.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I was just about to make this thread myself.

Hopefully they fix it up to be better than the first. The first one was still some good hack n slashy fun, but the camera could be atrocious. The level design was also very bland. The combat also needs more variety and refining. You can exploit the hell out of MGR making yourself practically invincible. I expected more from P* in that regard. They effed up in places here.

One more thing, get the f#ck outta here Raiden. It's time for a real cyborg ninja to shine.
metal-gear-rising_gray-fox.jpg

Dominus

I was just about to make this thread myself.

Hopefully they fix it up to be better than the first. The first one was still some good hack n slashy fun, but the camera could be atrocious. The level design was also very bland. The combat also needs more variety and refining. You can exploit the hell out of MGR making yourself practically invincible. I expected more from P* in that regard. They effed up in places here.

One more thing, get the f#ck outta here Raiden. It's time for a real cyborg ninja to shine.
I do feel given more time they can make a much better game because you could tell towards the end of the game they were literally laying down geometry as fast as they could. As a result the level design got pretty bland towards the end where everything was a grey colored corridor. Yah and the camera boggles my mind, because they do have experience with action games and Bayonetta's camera is fine, yet MGR's is pretty atrocious in a game that depended on the camera direction for it's main mechanic..

I'm hoping they add more weapons and make weapon switching like DMC, because with certain weapons your move set felt pretty limiting (cough sais). And of course they need to implement more movement options into the game. Sam felt so much better than Raiden because he had a double jump and 8-way dodge. Made playing the game much smoother (and he's more bad ass imo).

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I do feel given more time they can make a much better game because you could tell towards the end of the game they were literally laying down geometry as fast as they. As a result the level design got pretty bland towards the end where everything was a grey colored corridor. And the camera was pretty atrocious especially in a game that depended on the camera direction for it's main mechanic.. I'm hoping they add more weapons and make weapon switching like DMC, because with certain weapons your move set felt pretty limiting (cough sais). And of course they need to implement more movement options into the game. Sam felt so much better than Raiden because he had a double jump and 8-way dodge. Mad playing the game much smoother (and he's more bad ass imo).
The only level that actually stands out is the Japanese Garden but even that's not very noteworthy. Mainly because it actually has more color and detail. Everything else is very typical and bland. Dingy buildings on a battlefield, a sewer, gray lab corridors, etc. The level design couldn't be any more uninspired.

The parry mechanic especially needs work. Like I said, you can exploit the hell outta that and the game loses challenge. Just hit the button while hitting the stick in the direction of the attack. You will never get hit. And yea, on the fly weapon switching would be appreciated.

I personally want a game focused on Gray Fox. Raiden is still a b!tch and him becoming a cyborg ninja after 2 was like a 12 year old's idea of character development. Not to mention, Raiden's story ended in MGS 4. MGR really does sh!t on his resolution at the end of that game. He retired from fighting and was going to go live with Rose and his kid. If I cared more about Raiden, I'd be pretty annoyed. MGS 4 concludes their tales with a nice little bow on top.

Gray Fox needs his game, and a better story to go with it. He's more of a tragic character and there's a lot of potential for Frank Jaeger. I remember reading how Kojima originally wanted Frank for MGR.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
With all this awesomeness coming from Platinum why in the flying f**k do we need Devil May Cry anymore?

I sure as hell hope they bring on the same person who did the soundtrack for MGR, damn it was awesome.
I don't really care if it's Raiden or Grey Fox as long as the game is as intense as the first.

Damn this has made me even more excited and I'll even admit I'm officially looking forward to it more than I am MGS5, it was MGR that got me into the franchise after all.

EDIT: Also YongYea is aware:

Last edited:

Dominus

I still would be more hype for Itsuno's DMC5 than MGR2. Itsuno has been the one to really revolutionize the action genre other than Kamiya, and with the suggested changes to DMC:DE probably coming from some of his ideas + fan feedback I feel they will know not to repeat some previous mistakes. Hell DMC3 was making up for DMC2 (and they listened to a lot of fan feedback for that), and we got one of the best action games ever made out of that.

For MGR2 I really hope with a full development cycle we get decent character development and environments. Plus a threat that doesn't seem like a push over really, I felt MGR's story was a little too silly even for my tastes. There was no sense for his motivation I felt. But in the end that doesn't matter as long as the game plays well soo....

I also hope they expand more on the high-low mechanics in the game. Like how certain moves hit low and can trip, I don't feel that was exploited enough. I actually wish they would make it so enemies blocked high, low, or mid (kind of like God Hand..).

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I can dig games that get silly. Granted, Metal Gear is pretty damn silly at times. MGR however just sort of goes all over the place. It never focuses enough to get invested in anything, yet it wants to seriously break down for some heavy dramatic tones once in a while.

On one hand, you have this tale of children being harvested for their organs which definitely f#cks with Raiden's psyche being a child soldier, but the next minute you're doing Hulkmania with Murica Man showing his ass and screaming "Nanomachines son!"

Not like I don't dig that silly sh!t. (Armstrong was funny to me) I mean, part of the reason I love the Metal Gear series is because of how bizarre it is. But I was actually invested in the plot and characters of MGS. Yea, I can take some parts seriously and get some feels. Killing The Boss at the end of MGS 3, and seeing Snake go through the microwave chamber in MGS 4. Also, the final showdown with Liquid Ocelot on the top of Outer Haven, feeling epic.

MGR I'm like, the f#ck you doing now?

It's all style and no substance. MGR in a nutshell. MGS had both. And the gameplay was lacking holding that game back from being a brilliant hack n slash, to just, to quote Jeremy Jahns, "Good time no alcohol required"

Or drunk. I imagine playing that game drunk is something. I don't drink though so somebody do this hammered so we can laugh at you.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
YongYea is ALWAYS on top of Metal Gear news. I swear, that dude must have some kind of psychic connection to Metal Gear. If someone so much as whispers MGS news, he has a video up within the next 5 minutes.

Must be an Asian thing.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I liked the game, liked its characters, wouldnt mind seeing another one. I was fond of setting it in Liberia and having Raiden return to the place he was running from his whole life.

Not sure about Gray fox because his death was so iconic and heartfelt but if it wows me, I'd be cool with it.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I liked the game, liked its characters, wouldnt mind seeing another one. I was fond of setting it in Liberia and having Raiden return to the place he was running from his whole life.

Not sure about Gray fox because his death was so iconic and heartfelt but if it wows me, I'd be cool with it.
For Gray Fox, place it in the past before Shadow Moses. We know Naomi joined FOXHOUND to become Dr. Clark's assistant where she helped Gray Fox escape. You can have a game with him undergoing all the crap they put him through, leading up to that point.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Looking back at Grey Fox I'm not sure if a MGR game staring him would be any good.

I mean in MGS1 Jeager was easily overpowered by REX and in MGR Raiden is throwing around a Metal Gear Ray and a Metal Gear Excelsus like they're toys and then slicing them into sushi.

I don't see a MGR game staring Grey Fox with a story taking place before MGS1 being that much of an adrenaline pumping adventure like Raiden vs Desperado with how Jeager was in MGS it seems like it'll be a rather boring adventure, that completely goes against what Platinum does best so I'd actually like Grey Fox to stay out of this.

The story of Jeager becoming Grey Fox is best suited to a slow and story focused Metal Gear Solid game rather than a high octane action game like Metal Gear Rising.

The Final Offer

I just hope this game isn't going to be the button masher MGR is. It's like Platinum Games is button masher, QTE, over the top casualness. They've never been very challenging with their games, but I'm hoping Konami can help them start.

Also, formula for beating MGR: Wait->Dodge attack->Mash

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Already complete sold on it. After MGR being much more enjoyable HnS than DmC, can't wait for next part to be even bigger better and badass

pepodmc

Looking back at Grey Fox I'm not sure if a MGR game staring him would be any good.

I don't see a MGR game staring Grey Fox with a story taking place before MGS1 being that much of an adrenaline pumping adventure like Raiden vs Desperado with how Jeager was in MGS it seems like it'll be a rather boring adventure, that completely goes against what Platinum does best so I'd actually like Grey Fox to stay out of this.

The story of Jeager becoming Grey Fox is best suited to a slow and story focused Metal Gear Solid game rather than a high octane action game like Metal Gear Rising.

Me too

Goldsickle

MGR had really awful hack and slash mechanics and the only saving grace was the Blade Mode.

They have a lot to fix and I don't know Platinum enough if they're the type to listen to fan feedback like the present day Capcom.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Capcom listening to it's fans? lol that's a new kind of joke. All MGR is need to do is to add more development time to make full-fledged levels and more weapons. Otherwise it's perfectly fine as it is.

pepodmc

Capcom listening to it's fans? lol that's a new kind of joke. All MGR is need to do is to add more development time to make full-fledged levels and more weapons. Otherwise it's perfectly fine as it is.

The first was a BLAST., if the second become better... OH MY GOD :jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::jawdrop::happy::happy::happy::happy::D

Top Bottom