• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
One thing I did notice is the transition of Dante's character from the beginning.

It was just as NT said before. Dante's character was that of a constant cursing, rude, asshole who cared nothing for the human. But from this ending, that's not to be the same and he actually cares for the human race instead of fighting for the hell of it. From its destroyer to its protector.

V

Oldschool DMC fan
It's not like we couldn't guess the ending was gonna go along those lines, so I expected this. But the fight is eye- and ear-rape.

Gbraga

The ending is not bad, but it seems NT has a nag for these sort of endings, which is kind of annoying to be honest.
I need to write a letter to NT elaborating on this:
Dear Ninja Theory,

Remember that your games do not need such open-ended conclusions. When a game has an incredibly satisfying end, it awards the player. It makes it feel like it was completely worth paying attention to the plot.
Yes, it lacks any deeper meaning as well. Enslaved's ending was great because it made you think. Open-ended story need to make you think, either as just a reflection on the themes and conflicts, or trying to piece the puzzle together to figure out what happened. In DmC it's basically a straightfoward story with an open ending that just feels like "until next week folks"

The delivery was pretty poor. The pre-fight build up was great because it was building up on the discussion on whether or not using power to protect people is still abuse/dictatiorial, if freedom should be acquired at any cost, even if it meant chaos and self destruction, but then they throw it all away by saying "Dante was right **** Vergil #TEAMDANTE #KANTE #NEROISTHEBABY"

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium
This was what I wanted DMC3's final battle to go. Actual brother to brother conflict after such a long time of joining forces. Finally, an actual relationship between brothers, only for it to be ripped away by conflicting differences. Not the constant "fight, separate, fight, separate, fight and no actual words.
Definitely better then DMC3's final fight for me.

Sorry but I would have to disagree.

The final battle between Vergil and Dante in DMC3 was MUCH better than this one in my honest opinion.

Having Vergil be defeated by Dante and picking up his part of the amulet while saying "It belongs to a son of Sparda" showed a side of Vergil that cared and cherished the amulet that was given to him.

And the final scene of Vergil falling over the edge while Dante tried to save him only to have his glove sliced was far more emotional than this scene that had Vergil simply just leaving.

And what made the scene with Dante and Vergil even more impactful was that Dante actually kept the glove in his shop and even shed a tear for his fallen brother.

But this is all just my opinion of course, but yea, DMC3's ending was MUCH better if you ask me.

Azurel

Ah well, I won't need to buy the game now.

I won't ask you to buy the game (it's your money, after all (Dante tone of voice)) but I wish you wouldn't dismiss it like that. :(

Anyway, I'm sorry you don't think the game is worth buying, or that this new Vergil is worth (an even closer) look. At least you had some good times anticipating the game, right? *tearful smile* ^_^

Zato-OW

King
Yeah, a year compared to half a life time and forgotten memories of who you are and what you truly are.
Sorry, but I gotta go with DmC on this one.
That's not the point I am making. What I am saying is Vergil offered a partnership to Dante and Dante refused which was a year before DMC3. The story goes deeper then what the actual game shows which is why they released manga's to clear up the story of DMC3 and everything that led to DMC3. You were saying that it was far better then what DMC3 had to offer but if we include all of DMC3(manga and game) then I will say no its not far better, possibly better but not off the scales better. The story of DmC between these two seems cool, I like it but the actual boss fight was terrible.

Reactions: V

Dominus

I still think it would have been cooler if Vergil awakened his true demon form or something. Not just doppelganger....

Gbraga

Seriously, I'm glad Ninja Theory stepped up so much in the gameplay department, if the story was still the game's best quality I'd be much more disappointed, but right now I'm more like "the ending sucks, but whatever, come at me bloody palace"

Top Bottom