• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

MAJOR SPOILERS! ENDING SHOWN HERE

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
I really like the two change in values/life view/personality for Dante and can't wait to see it play out fully from the first point to the last one to show his change.

Interetsing is how Dante and Vergil seem to have flipped their presented views, since early on, Vergil seems to care about humans, but at the end, regards them seemingly no better than children or as pets to be taken care of for their own good.

Nekodark

Interetsing is how Dante and Vergil seem to have flipped their presented views, since early on, Vergil seems to care about humans, but at the end, regards them seemingly no better than children or as pets to be taken care of for their own good.

Oh I think Vergil was always like that but hid his true intent as I always thought he was.

darkmanifest

Unleash the blood
You do realize Mundus crashed into the room and took them by surprise, right? He needs to stab his sword at the ground to summon his doppelganger and even if he did, what could it have done to save him?

And the fight before that? When they were running around like panicked chickens until Dante got thrown into a building? I'm not saying Vergil should have soloed the fight and then done a disco victory dance, just that he should have demonstrated more effectiveness with talents we knew for a fact he already had.

we'll see how scary you think he is after playing the game on DMD mode

Couldn't possibly be worse than Mission 13 Vergil and 3rd encounter Nelo Angelo. And that's cool with me, those fights weren't my proudest moments past Hard/Very Hard Mode.

Robert wuz Here

As an old fan of the franchise I just want to say I personally thought the ending was lame. Especially the whole twitter part with people taking pictures then Taneem's twitter name being the last tweet. Back when the first game trailer came out for DmC I didn't care for the change and said they should have just made a new game all together. Soon afterwards the whole "old DMC fans vs new DmC fans" war started.The way I see it the new fans shouldn't make fun of the old fans love for Dante's design along with the past story of Devil May Cry. Without the original 4 Devil May Cry games DmC wouldn't even exist. Old fans shouldn't bash the new game/fans because it isn't to their liking. If you don't like it then don't buy it. The flaming/trolling on both sides is childish in my opinion. You DmC fans got screwed due to ignorance.

My advice to you DmC fans is to be critical of the game(s) you purchase. Voice your complaints because it is your right as a consumer. You are paying $65 for a product and deserve the best for your (or others) hard earned money. NT made promises of improvement on the story/game play. Personally I feel as though they didn't keep their end of the bargain as the demo's game play was limiting/mediocre compared to the original 4 games (DmC bares the name of Devil May Cry so comparing it to old games in the franchise is fair. No exceptions.) and the story just doesn't interest me enough to invest $65 + whatever DLC will arise for the game that is most likely already on the disc. The DmC reviews will be high (because the game reviews are purchased) but in all honesty the game itself will be mediocre at best. Capcom played Pro-DmC fans for fools by basically saying "give the game a chance and anyone who doesn't like the game is a hater because of the hair." and insulted the entire Devil May Cry fan base in the process. You Pro-DmC fans got screwed because you will purchase a game that has 2 evasion buttons and no lock on button which ultimately limits Dante's move list which I'm sure none of you can justify.

If you Pro-DmC fans (as some of you are new fans of Devil May Cry) don't be critical of the future games just as the old fans are critical of DmC development and blindly accept anything with "Devil May Cry" on it, Capcom (any company really) WILL SCREW YOU OVER! Marvel vs Capcom 3 is a perfect example of this. It made no sense what so ever for that game not to have online spectating (When that was a standard for online fighting games) and lack of game modes then re-release the same game with "extra" features (that should have been included in the first place) 8 months down the line. Capcom screwed me over with Marvel vs Capcom 3 so learn from my mistake. You are not a "hater" for having a different opinion/complaints for a product. Demand the quality you deserve from an established franchise. Through criticism things have the potential improve. I personally don't like DmC but at least if they make a DmC2 you guys/girls will get the true quality from the Devil May Cry franchise you all deserve.

That is all I have to say.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
It's stupid to ambush them when he wanted Dante to be by his side. His plans were not like Mundus (though close), so offcourse telling them his plan he would think they would understand his point of view. He has a right to say that they don't understand after he said "not like Mundus" and that the world can't protection itself. It's just those words he put like "subjects", not thinking about Kat when they saved the humans only to put her as "useful",etc which cause worries for Dante. Vergil isn't evil to begin with (in fact, we didn't know what his full intentions were in DMC3, and he seemed like a good guy when we let Dante go in DMC1 in the first fight), and we have to wait for Vergil's Downfall to see if he'll be power hungry. But Really? The stupidest thing you've seen a videogame. REALLY?
Well let's compare it to Arkham revealing his plans in DMC3, THAT was decent story telling, remember how he kept changing from Jester to Arkham then back to Jester, until it finally clicked that they were the same f*cking person. Remember the helplessness of Vergil? The anger of Dante and Lady? All those emotions stirring around in one room.

That is the cunning manipulativeness you want to see.

DjRunza

Mercenary of Darkness
Well guys, if you take a look at the video where Dante is having his "decisive" battle against Mundus on Youtube, my most honest criticism, I am VERY disappointed. Why? Because Mundus final true form really reminds me of somewhat like a Megatron. Or perhaps I should name him as "Mecha-Mundus" instead of just "Mundus". Transformers inspiration? And At least NT really worked hard to bring Mundus's original cry-war voice back to this reboot version all over again. But still, however, not really amuse me. I enjoyed more fighting with Mundus in the DMC original series because it was TOTALLY EPIC! Dante transforming himself into his father's devil trigger, the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda. How awesome is that? And I thought we could fight Mundus for multiple times like we use to fight him in the DMC original series. The rest of the gameplay, is simply exquisite. DMC5 IS NEXT PLEASE! Its time for the ORIGINAL DANTE to be awaken. That's all I have to say for DmC reboot. Cheers!! :D

Macabre

Your Friend and Mine
Come on, there aren't nearly enough people defending the game here! We need to get some debate up in this hizzy.

8BitHero

Scrub
I don't see what the problem with the ending was but it gives people a reason to moan I guess. It wasn't bad like I was expecting it to be with Mass Effect 3.

Frazz

General gamer
I don't see what the problem with the ending was but it gives people a reason to moan I guess. It wasn't bad like I was expecting it to be with Mass Effect 3.
I actually liked the ending and the haters are being a bunch of petulant children as the just want to hate and not enjoy. You need to play the game to really appreciate the ending so to all the haters who can't see any good - f*** off back to your cavern so you can beat off to the old games if you can't let go and have such a f***ing fetish for them.

8BitHero

Scrub
I actually liked the ending and the haters are being a bunch of petulant children as the just want to hate and not enjoy. You need to play the game to really appreciate the ending so to all the haters who can't see any good - f*** off back to your cavern so you can beat off to the old games if you can't let go and have such a f***ing fetish for them.
The ending made sense to me though. I'm now going through this entire thread to see why the responses are the way they are. It made senses to me and it fit with the old Vergil and what his ideas where.

ToCool74

"Fair" DmC Skeptic
Premium

And you TOTALLY look so much better than those so called "haters" your raging at.:ermm:

Frazz

General gamer
And you TOTALLY look so much better than those so called "haters" your raging at.:ermm:
To be honest I have had enough of them as all they do is rage and my anger had to come out sometime. It may have seemed immature but it is over now. Don't be a di*k with sarcasm to me - you coulda just let it slide or said "chill".

Top Bottom