• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk Soul Calibur V!

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I stopped playing SC5 because I unlocked the characters minus Dampierre and one stage. I'm bored of it. It took me years to get bored of SC2. Sigh..

I think if they made it like the other games, it's would've had a longer life-span for playing.
Still trying to ulock Algol. I just can't run into him on Legendary mode

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
Using Devil Jin, I created The Incredible Hulk and She-Hulk....using Tira I created Sonic....using Siegfried I created Eddard Stark (GoT FTW!)

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I think if they made it like the other games, it's would've had a longer life-span for playing.
Still trying to ulock Algol. I just can't run into him on Legendary mode
I bought the Collectors Guidebook and Wow it is worth all your money! It taught me everything from frame rate, attack power and etc and now I'm addicted to this game again. Lol Try playing and beating all the Arcade modes and maybe you'll get Algol.

ZeroLove

I have played this game all day and I am SO going to play it all day tomorrow as well and probably the whole week as well. I love this game, even though it lacks on the single player story front, like missing character bios and endings, stuff like that. But overall, this game is fantastic and Zwei is absolutely amazingly awesome! :D

I've also had alot of fun with the Creation mode, but I haven't unlocked that much yet, so I will aim for unlocking all the stuff I can. ^^

Also one thing that I noticed. You can change the main characters' appearances in Creation mode, but something odd happened to me. For some reason, only some things in Creation mode are available only to some of the main characters, e.g. the Executioner undergarments were available to Raphael, but not to Zwei. Have others stumbled upon this problem? Am I doing something wrong?

Satsui no Hado

BUY ONE THOUSAND GIFTS!!!
I still miss Talim...and Yun Seong,not so much Zasalamel though.
Also,gotta love what people make with the character creation.
SOULCALIBUR_21.png

^Aqua from Kingdom Hearts FTW!!!:lol:

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I forgot about Zasalamel.

The Collectors edition was worth the money. At least, there's a book with all of the profiles in there.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
apparently, there are no Korean Charaters in SCV and when i think about it, that's right, there's no YunSeung.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh ya!!! How could I forget that? Lol
I wonder why they removed Yun-Seong and Sung Me-na? (The Korean characters) I'm still mad that Talim is gone.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Oh ya!!! How could I forget that? Lol
I wonder why they removed Yun-Seong and Sung Me-na? (The Korean characters) I'm still mad that Talim is gone.

Who knows?!
I'm not a fan of short characters like Talim (female characters in general). TBH, i only completed SC4 as male characters :p
The girls have a shorter reach... i can't stand it.

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Who knows?!
I'm not a fan of short characters like Talim (female characters in general). TBH, i only completed SC4 as male characters :p
The girls have a shorter reach... i can't stand it.
Seong Mi-na was the same reach as Kilik, Ivy (if used right) has great reach. Hilde also has superb reach. Talim's best gameplay was in SC2, 3 and 4 she was nerfed a bit.
Lol :p

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'm hoping it's improved over SoulCalibur4's commands response.
Questions
1. Can you have female characters with a body like Ivy's (bewbs lol)? SoulCalibur3 sucked cause the game females were hotties & you were stuck with a training bra girl scout creation.
2. How is the control response ? How does the just respond ? If SoulCalibur5 still uses them.
SoulCalibur4 the just would respond whenever. It was aggravating to perform a just repeatedly.
3. Do the controls respond better then SoulCalibur4 ? As in doing attacks that require a quick tap followed by a normal tap of an attack button.
4. Is Ivy's Summon Suffering and Calamity easier to do, because it's ridiculous having great attacks & having to go Down left, Down, Down right, Right, Down left, Up left, Down Right & Y & A, Down left, Down, Down right & BLAH BLAH BLAH to use it.
Kinda stupid having an attack at your disposal & your tripping over the commands to pull it off with a very low percentage of success a match.
Answers:
1. Yes you can make a female character with.. uh..large friends.
2. SC5 has great response. No issues.
3. This game is better than SC4. (Fighting wise)
4. Still difficult but less buttons. More up, down, down, up, up type stuff.

ZeroLove

Ivy has that impossible throw that I have only been able to pull off ONCE! Luckily, her other impossible move from SC4 is now ALOT easier to do in SC5. I love how they simplified Ivy, because she was too goddamn hard to play as. I couldn't even play as her casually in SC4 and I hated that, because she is just so freaking awesome! But now I can and I love it. She might have been dumbed down too much, but then they can improve her from now on... if they are going to continue the series which I hope!

Setsuka... I've never liked her style or her character, so I don't find myself qualified to answer the question about her playstyle.

Top Bottom