• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Let's talk Soul Calibur V!

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
i hope not...i want more characters...but i want a bit more variety in the weapons...i dont like the hand to hand combat...leave that for MK and Tekken
I agree. Although if Devil Jin does become a DLC I won't be mad. I'm still waiting for Namco to make Dampierre a DLC for all people not just folks who pre-ordered the game. He was cool on the PSP but I want to see him on the big screen.

Here is a list of characters who should have returned:
1. Night Terror/Inferno/Charade
2. Necrid
3. Zasalamel/Abyss
4. Hwang
5. Li Long
6. Seong Mi-na
7. Xianghua
8. Yun-Seong
9. Seong Han Myeong
10. Taki
11. Setsuka
12. Arthur
13. Rock
14. Talim
15. Olcadan
16. Sophitia
17. Cassandra
18. Amy
Guests:
19. Spawn (SC2) Xbox
20. Link (SC2) NGC
21. Heihachi Mishima (SC2) PS2
22. Lloyd Irving (SCL) Wii
23. Yoda/Darth Vader/The Apprentice (SC4) 360/PS3
24. Kratos (SCBD) PSP

God I'm a Soul Calibur nerd lol :p Now I know a lot of these characters fight exactly the same. Natsu & Taki, Yun-Seong & Hwang and etc but still who wouldn't want to see these characters return?

ZeroLove

No, Devil Jin won't be DLC, it was made for the Harada guest/bonus character. Harada is the Namco director, like Tameem is Ninja Theory's director.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
WOW!!! Is it just me or are there certain things lacking?
Ending videos, artwork, battle theater? I think its the most watered down version of SC yet.
(although i do have to collector's edition). How do you unlock characters?
Still don't like fighting as female characters.
I'd love to have seen the return of Yun-Seung/Seong too.

One thing i did like... I made 2 of my OC's in the creation mode

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
I made a Kratos "descendant", Sonic the Hedgehog (human looking form), what PacMan REALLY looks like, a Cloud lookalike, and an SC version of Gambit. I have a few OCs too...I wish I could post them on here

ZeroLove

I would love to see your Created Characters, so if you would find a way to post some pics of them here, that would be awesome!

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
If anyone doesn't know how to do it:
i usually photograph them, upload them from my phone to computer, crop in paint .net and put them on photobucket...

I've gotten to Lvl 5 and i don't think i've unlocked the soul of devil jin.... :S I can't remember
Plus the people that i bought the game from haven't taken their money... had a huge shock when i looked at my bank balance... it's no wonder that store is in the s**t

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
WOW!!! Is it just me or are there certain things lacking?
Ending videos, artwork, battle theater? I think its the most watered down version of SC yet.
(although i do have to collector's edition). How do you unlock characters?
Still don't like fighting as female characters.
I'd love to have seen the return of Yun-Seung/Seong too.

One thing i did like... I made 2 of my OC's in the creation mode
Beat story mode to unlock most of the characters. Beat Kilik in quick battle to unlock him n keep playing quick battle to level up to about 13 or higher to unlock Algol. And/or finish all routes in arcade mode. Yes this game is watered down.

GamblingGambitCloud

LoD Come Back!!!
If anyone doesn't know how to do it:
i usually photograph them, upload them from my phone to computer, crop in paint .net and put them on photobucket...

I've gotten to Lvl 5 and i don't think i've unlocked the soul of devil jin.... :S I can't remember
Plus the people that i bought the game from haven't taken their money... had a huge shock when i looked at my bank balance... it's no wonder that store is in the s**t

wouldn't that yield bad quality?

Sparda's rejected son

For Edenoi!
Premium
Supporter 2014
Since this is about SC5, I have a question. Does anyone else find folks who take part in SoulCalibur tournaments to be creepy? These players have turned the game into a science of frames, and playing with arcade style controllers. Keep in mind these players are very,very, very good. Almost to the point that unless your skilled like them there is no point to battle with them because one will lose. But its just the time and energy these players invest into SC that creeps me out. Yes their methods work, but its still disturbing. For me anyway, but what about you guys and gals?

I'm NOT taking over your thread ZWEILove I'm just asking a question within your thread ok.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
wouldn't that yield bad quality?

Yeah, it does, especially if the picture is taken from a conventional tv (the things before HD/Flatscreen).

SRS: Its like those people that can play Guitar hero on Very Hard (whatever), using all five buttons and hitting all of the notes... jammy s*ds... :p
I'd love to play like that... except I've got a slow working brain and i have 'sausage fingers'... thanks genetics

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Just one thing...
Patroklos and Pyhrra... their relationship is more like boyfriend and girlfriend more than Brother and Sister... Perhaps Brothers and sisters are more close in the eastern world... it just looked weird IMO

ZeroLove

They have lived their lives apart in a world of war and distress, one who has dedicated his life to search for the one last family he has left, the other spend her life killing and murdering against her will. They are bound to be emotional when finally finding one another, wanting to protect eachother and finally live a life as a family which was taken from them.

Indeed, the way it is shown is a bit too romantic which might take your thoughts over to a love relationship deeper than family, but considering what the two have gone through, I would say it IS deeper. Not as in sexual or incest or anything like that, but a bond that connects them so strong due to the hell the two have been going through.

I don't think anyone would understand it unless they have been through the same. I don't say I understand it, but I can see what Namco is trying to do here.

Top Bottom