• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lady and Dante related?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
As we have discussed multiple times, Dante's age is only known through interviews. And as you, yourself said, they only said stuff like "about 19" each time they referred to his age. For me that shows that the guys in the interviews, are mostly replying to the questions they're asked about Dante's age, without giving it so much thought. He was a teenager in DMC3, so "about 18-19" and DMC1 is "about 10 years after DMC3". As if they only thought about the thing right there.

Excuse me, but I find those answers a bit...well I'll say irresponsible for lack of a better word. The best thing would be if they included a character profile for most of the characters. Then we'd have solid clues to talk with, not relying in uncertain interviews.
Its a trick question as of now Dante is 11 years old, since he doesn't have a canonical age, that means that we must base his age after release date.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Its a trick question as of now Dante is 11 years old, since he doesn't have a canonical age, that means that we must base his age after release date.

Yup, my point exactly. Not to mention, that they barely mention when DMC2 ever happenedXD Only vague stuff like "after DMC4".

OniLink

Hero of Time
You started with relations now discussing ages.........Sounds like a day in the Congress great now we are like politicians what's next.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Christ, just believe what Capcom told you. If they say Dante was 19 in DMC3, then he was 19.
Besides, I responded to an idiotic comment saying Dante was 50 or 60 in DMC4. Yeah, because he really looks that old... *sigh*. I don't have to know his exact age, I just wanted to show people how old he is approximately.

If Capcom says he's about 30 in DMC4, then that's not about 40, like somebody else said here.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
No need to get that angry about it. We're just discussing the possibilities. Instead of relying on unconfirmed information like interviews, I would prefer something more official. I don't think it's that troublesome for Capcom.

Though seeing as they do many things half-assed and re-release them all the time, maybe I should think that again.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
I do want to remind people that Dante lost his brother and mother when he was eight. That's something we know. Trish said Dante lost them twenty years ago in DMC1, which makes him 28. Since DMC4 takes place shortly after DMC1, it's reasonable to assume that he's about 30 there. So no, he's not forty or fifty.

But heck, if Capcom were to continue with the old series, they would probably make up all kinds of things, turning it into an even bigger mess since DMC3/4.

About Lady being related to Dante and Vergil... no, I don't think she is. There haven't been any clues to her being related to them. Arkham and Lady are fully human, so I don't think that would make sense anyway.
Also, yay, I was right! Lady does have green and reddish purple eyes (somebody claimed she had blue and red eyes). Colorblind much?

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Why so sure about the eyes all of a sudden? Did you stumble upon anything more clarifying?
The only thing widely known, was that she supposedly has the same as eyes as Arkham (a hint to help us notice they are connected somehow before it was made obvious upon their meeting in the game) and that even the Jester form, cannot rid itself from those eyes - probably another hint to help us connect Jester with Arkham.

Each site says its own thing about the eyes. For example, the Devil May Cry Wiki, says that Arkham has one blue eye and one brown. In this very site, it's said that the eyes are red and blue. While in Capcom Wiki, no mention of the colors appears.

The color might be uncertain unless you look at certain pictures of High Resolution like this, which agree with what you say, but then come pictures of Jester like this, which clearly hint to red and blue. I mean, forget the eyes for the moment. His whole Jester-Hat thing, while all the costume is purple, ends at one point at purplish red and the other at purplish blue. And since his eyes "flash" a bit more in this form, you can clearly see th blue at one of his eye. The other one can be something between red, light purple and/or brown.

I think it's safe to say the one eye is somewhat resembling to the color red - it can't be totally red since then it would be the color of Dante's trenchcoat, something between light purple/brown/red/maybe pink, or something like that. While the other is closer to a colour between blue and green, with again a small adittion of a light purple.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Yeah, I suppose the eyes were meant to be red and blue. And Jester's eyes are definitely blue and red.
I just played DMC3 from the HD Collection, and when Lady looks at Dante, it's obvious that her eyes are reddish purple and green.
Maybe they decided to make Lady's eyes a bit different from Arkham's, to indicate that in some way, Lady and Arkham are not alike at all.

It's the whole blue/red thing you see in the entire game. I think blue usually represents the demon/uncaring side, since a lot of demons are blue, as well as Vergil. Sparda = purple, which splits into red and blue (Dante and Vergil), blue being the calm and composed side, and red the passionate, cocky side.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Now that you mentioned it, the whole red and blue thing does look like a theme throughout the whole game. Maybe it's meant to signify two sides of the same coin. We have the bad guys (the blue) Vergil and Arkham and the good guys (the red) Lady and Dante.

It's obvious in Dante's/Vergil's case because of their clothes, their demonic auras and all that. Maybe the heterochromia in Arkham and Lady's eyes is meant to show that since they were born as pure humans, and therefore had the choice of which path to embrace (red or blue/good or evil). Maybe that's why Arkham's Blue eye is easier to see that it's blue, while in Lady's case it's something between green/blue with shades of purple, while in Lady's case the "red" one is closer to red, than Arkham's.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
Now that you mentioned it, the whole red and blue thing does look like a theme throughout the whole game. Maybe it's meant to signify two sides of the same coin. We have the bad guys (the blue) Vergil and Arkham and the good guys (the red) Lady and Dante.

It's obvious in Dante's/Vergil's case because of their clothes, their demonic auras and all that. Maybe the heterochromia in Arkham and Lady's eyes is meant to show that since they were born as pure humans, and therefore had the choice of which path to embrace (red or blue/good or evil). Maybe that's why Arkham's Blue eye is easier to see that it's blue, while in Lady's case it's something between green/blue with shades of purple, while in Lady's case the "red" one is closer to red, than Arkham's.

That is an excellent point, and highly likely :D

Top Bottom