• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lady and Dante related?

Railazel

I thought she had revelance in the anime but beryl was never have said to been booted out the canon.

Patty never does anything important outside of being the central objective of Dante's mission in the first episode. Afterwards she was there to be there and doesn't affect any of what goes on in the show. As for Beryl, DMC2's novel isn't canon because of Dante's character during the time. According to the novel, Dante was as he always been, but in the game he suddenly turns quiet.

Dante47

Not possible. Lady is human, I think we would be able to tell if she had, at the very least, partial demonic blood running through her veins.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Patty never does anything important outside of being the central objective of Dante's mission in the first episode. Afterwards she was there to be there and doesn't affect any of what goes on in the show. As for Beryl, DMC2's novel isn't canon because of Dante's character during the time. According to the novel, Dante was as he always been, but in the game he suddenly turns quiet.

Depends on how much time passed between the two.

darkslayer13

Enma Katana no Kami
[quote="Railazel, post: 327302, member: 12666"Patty never does anything important outside of being the central objective of Dante's mission in the first episode. Afterwards she was there to be there and doesn't affect any of what goes on in the show. As for Beryl, DMC2's novel isn't canon because of Dante's character during the time. According to the novel, Dante was as he always been, but in the game he suddenly turns quiet.[/quote]
1.Patty becomes signifigant again in the last few episodes.
2. If inconstancies in Dante's personality are enough to make something noncanon than DMC1 is noncanon because Dante isn't an idiot in that game but he is in the ones before and after it.

CHAOSBRINGER546

its better to burn out than to fade away
Premium
The human priestess wasn't Sparda's wife. Just a human priestess. And that doesn't mean he killed her either. He probably just spilled her blood or something like Arkham did to Lady. Probably Lady's mother was a descedant of that priestess, making Lady herself a descedant too.

And Sparda didn't sacrifice himself. Just spilled his blood like Vergil did.

After all, this happened 2000 years ago.

If Sparda and his wife had died there, there would be no Dante/Vergil at age 18-19 2000 years after that.
but we dnt no that there 18-19 lol after all they are demons they could be 200 and still look 18 lol

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
but we dnt no that there 18-19 lol after all they are demons they could be 200 and still look 18 lol

We actually DO know. It was mentioned multiple times in interviews that they are in their late teens in DMC3.

Further proof that they age normally is that not even 40 years passed between DMC3 & DMC4 but Dante looks way older in DMC4 than he did in DMC3. If he aged slowly, he'd look as young as he was in DMC3 in every game.

CHAOSBRINGER546

Premium
We actually DO know. It was mentioned multiple times in interviews that they are in their late teens in DMC3.

Further proof that they age normally is that not even 40 years passed between DMC3 & DMC4 but Dante looks way older in DMC4 than he did in DMC3. If he aged slowly, he'd look as young as he was in DMC3 in every game.
fair point but it was said in another thread cant remember which one but capcom dont even know they just say random ages to get the most usages out of it lol ... polus dante does look about 40 so virgil would be aswell lol

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
fair point but it was said in another thread cant remember which one but capcom dont even know they just say random ages to get the most usages out of it lol ... polus dante does look about 40 so virgil would be aswell lol

Yes, I was the one who said that about the ages:)

I mostly said that to prove that we do not know the exact ages of the characters in each game. Therefore Vergil might indeed be the father of Nero depending on Vergil's actual age in DMC3 and Nero's actual age in DMC4.

However we do know their ages in a more-or-less fashion. The twins are in their late teens in DMC3, Dante is near 40 in DMC4 in so on. We don't know the exact ages because the developers were too lazy to mention them in the character information inside the games, but we do have the general idea.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
People think this through for a second before jumping to conclusions, if they had planned such a huge plot twist in the Sparda bloodline, then why would Lady make such a short appearance in the next game, and why would they not hint at it once in the series. Quite strange if you ask me.

CHAOSBRINGER546

Premium
Yes, I was the one who said that about the ages:)

I mostly said that to prove that we do not know the exact ages of the characters in each game. Therefore Vergil might indeed be the father of Nero depending on Vergil's actual age in DMC3 and Nero's actual age in DMC4.

However we do know their ages in a more-or-less fashion. The twins are in their late teens in DMC3, Dante is near 40 in DMC4 in so on. We don't know the exact ages because the developers were too lazy to mention them in the character information inside the games, but we do have the general idea.
ino but if dante is 40 so is virgil and say nero is 17 that means that virgil had some1 when he was 23 doughful but still ...
they are to lazy to put any real effort into it... unless .. wait for it ............... DmC does bad then they bring out a new DMC that reveals the truth behind nero lol just another random thought lol plus in the DMC3 virgil does say that he is aquainted (spelling not sure) with lady/mary which we see for the first time lol :)

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
ino but if dante is 40 so is virgil and say nero is 17 that means that virgil had some1 when he was 23 doughful but still ...
they are to lazy to put any real effort into it... unless .. wait for it ............... DmC does bad then they bring out a new DMC that reveals the truth behind nero lol just another random thought lol plus in the DMC3 virgil does say that he is aquainted (spelling not sure) with lady/mary which we see for the first time lol :)

Well Dante might be 36 or something, making the thing easier. That's why I said "near 40" ^_^

It'd be nice to have a spin off about Nero. With the "spin off" sauce on the title no one would complain that Dante wouldn't be in it. That way not only Nero fans would be happy, but all of us would be able to find more about Nero's origins, and have him get some serious character development, besides his love for Kyrie.

CHAOSBRINGER546

Premium
Well Dante might be 36 or something, making the thing easier. That's why I said "near 40" ^_^

It'd be nice to have a spin off about Nero. With the "spin off" sauce on the title no one would complain that Dante wouldn't be in it. That way not only Nero fans would be happy, but all of us would be able to find more about Nero's origins, and have him get some serious character development, besides his love for Kyrie.
true but my idea of what capcom could/should do if Dmc fails of doesnt do well lmao :)

mrrandomlulz

Something tells me Kyrie would be in it, protecting her is basically his main motive for fighting demons

Nero wasn't even the damn star of 4, his arm was

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
true but my idea of what capcom could/should do if Dmc fails of doesnt do well lmao :)

The scary thing is that if DmC fails, they might abandon Devil May Cry in general. At least for a while.

Something tells me Kyrie would be in it, protecting her is basically his main motive for fighting demons

Nero wasn't even the damn star of 4, his arm was

Well, he also admired Credo and the Order of the Sword's "helping the world by killing demons" motto. This image kinda got destroyed when the Order guys proved to be monsters in disguise, but I totally see Nero continuing his devil hunting bussiness and following into Dante's steps.

Lionheart

Solid Ocelot
And still people don't know Dante's age in DMC4? He's 29 in DMC4.
Proof: ''You're the man who lost a mother and a brother to evil twenty years ago, the son of the legendary dark knight Sparda, Mr Dante.'' - Trish, DMC1.

Dante was eight when his mother was killed and his brother was taken. That makes him 28 in DMC1. He was about 19 in DMC3.
As far as I know, DMC4 was stated to take place ten years after DMC3, so he's 29.

Use the internet, people.

mrrandomlulz

Proof: ''You're the man who lost a mother and a brother to evil twenty years ago, the son of the legendary dark knight Sparda, Mr Dante.'' - Trish, DMC1.

Dante was eight when his mother was killed and his brother was taken. That makes him 28 in DMC1. He was about 19 in DMC3.
As far as I know, DMC4 was stated to take place ten years after DMC3, so he's 29.

The same internet that brought us wonderful things like Rickrolling? meh

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective

As we have discussed multiple times, Dante's age is only known through interviews. And as you, yourself said, they only said stuff like "about 19" each time they referred to his age. For me that shows that the guys in the interviews, are mostly replying to the questions they're asked about Dante's age, without giving it so much thought. He was a teenager in DMC3, so "about 18-19" and DMC1 is "about 10 years after DMC3". As if they only thought about the thing right there.

Excuse me, but I find those answers a bit...well I'll say irresponsible for lack of a better word. The best thing would be if they included a character profile for most of the characters. Then we'd have solid clues to talk with, not relying in uncertain interviews.

Top Bottom