• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Lady and Dante related?

Hellsong95

Nothing is as ever as it seems
In the second mission 13 cutscene, when you finish fight Vergil Arkham States: "He sacrificed two things to stop this tremendous power, His own devils blood and the blood of a mortal priestess." he then walks over to Lady and says "I needed you, in whose veins flows the same blood of the mortal priestess."

I'm not entirely sure on the original legend, but didn't Sparda sacrifice himself and his human wife?
If this is true does this mean Dante and Lady are cousins?:confused:

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
The human priestess wasn't Sparda's wife. Just a human priestess. And that doesn't mean he killed her either. He probably just spilled her blood or something like Arkham did to Lady. Probably Lady's mother was a descedant of that priestess, making Lady herself a descedant too.

And Sparda didn't sacrifice himself. Just spilled his blood like Vergil did.

After all, this happened 2000 years ago.

If Sparda and his wife had died there, there would be no Dante/Vergil at age 18-19 2000 years after that.

Railazel

The human priestess wasn't Sparda's wife. Just a human priestess. And that doesn't mean he killed her either. He probably just spilled her blood or something like Arkham did to Lady. Probably Lady's mother was a descedant of that priestess, making Lady herself a descedant too.

And Sparda didn't sacrifice himself. Just spilled his blood like Vergil did.

After all, this happened 2000 years ago.

If Sparda and his wife had died there, there would be no Dante/Vergil at age 18-19 2000 years after that.

Actually, Sparda did kill the woman, ala Arkham's qoute:

"What have I done wrong? Even Sparda sacrificed a woman so that he could become a legend. I wanted to be a god! And I sacrificed one miserable human being for that reason, that is all."

Sparda also sealed his own power (and seemingly himself) to hold back the tower. Some time afterwards, he (after escaping at some point) began ruling the human world (in Fortuna) and started sealing up demons. Then he disappeared and reappeared again, married Eva, and gave birth to Dante and Vergil.

The priestess he sacrificed probably had children before she died.

Tony_Redgrave

TimeLord Detective
Actually, Sparda did kill the woman, ala Arkham's qoute:

Sparda also sealed his own power (and seemingly himself) to hold back the tower. Some time afterwards, he (after escaping at some point) began ruling the human world (in Fortuna) and started sealing up demons. Then he disappeared and reappeared again, married Eva, and gave birth to Dante and Vergil.

The priestess he sacrificed probably had children before she died.

You're right about the sacrifice, I had forgotten.

Though where does it say that Sparda sealed himself along with his power?

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
In the second mission 13 cutscene, when you finish fight Vergil Arkham States: "He sacrificed two things to stop this tremendous power, His own devils blood and the blood of a mortal priestess." he then walks over to Lady and says "I needed you, in whose veins flows the same blood of the mortal priestess."

I'm not entirely sure on the original legend, but didn't Sparda sacrifice himself and his human wife?
If this is true does this mean Dante and Lady are cousins?:confused:
I would like some of whatever your smoking please ( you guys have no idea how long I wanted to use that)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Wait you guys are actually discussing this theory as thoug it were Legitimate , :mad: that's it you guys are all on something awesome and not telling me what it is , oh and speaking of theories , T3H GM4n 1s G0RD4N FR33MAN FROM T3H FUTUR3Z , just though I would throw that out there

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
sparda sacraficed a mortal preistess and yes sparda sealed away the demons and since he too was a demon his power was also trapped on the other side i think sparda was imprisoned in the demon world much later then this though but the bit about this that has me stumped is the mortal PREISTESS i always thought that sparda just sacraficed an ordinary preistess and mary may have been related to that woman however i dont think eva was really involed with this except with the amulets

Railazel

You're right about the sacrifice, I had forgotten.

Though where does it say that Sparda sealed himself along with his power?
I thought it was said that sparda sealed his power in the Force edge.
Well I know about his power, but Railazel said he also sealed himself, which is news to me.

If I can remember, it's in DMC3's character profile for Sparda. It says that he sensed himself being too strong and sealed himself in the netherworld.

I'm amazed at how much I pay attention to detail.

Railazel

^you could just be bored.

I prefer them not to be related.

Nah, I can't be bored when I'm playing DMC, I guess I'm alot more attentive than what I give myself credit for.

Now, if you think about it, it would be kind of cool for them to be related and not know it. In fact, that'll explain Arkham's obsession with gaining Sparda's power, him wanting to be like his great ancestor. That'll also explain why Lady is freaking amazing despite being "weak" and make her and Dante's meeting quite the act of fate.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nah, I can't be bored when I'm playing DMC, I guess I'm alot more attentive than what I give myself credit for.

Now, if you think about it, it would be kind of cool for them to be related and not know it. In fact, that'll explain Arkham's obsession with gaining Sparda's power, him wanting to be like his great ancestor. That'll also explain why Lady is freaking amazing despite being "weak" and make her and Dante's meeting quite the act of fate.

I prefer her as a regular human than having superpowers by sparda's lineage as it makes her feel special to me. I would like characters outspide of Sparda and family to have some importance.

Top Bottom