• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Itsuno talks about DMC5

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I think I'm more with Judge and Chancey because i feel like if they wanted to actually build on DMC2 they would have done it already (like way back when in DMC3) but that doesn't mean they cant change their minds.

plus its a good marketing oppurtunity cause it goes the off to the side nature of DMC3/DMC4/DmC and its attempts at trying to cash in on a younger audience. That doesnt mean a older dante cant appeal to a younger crowd tho since there are tons of older protagonists that do appeal to a younger crowd.

Judge

To weigh in on whats been said, I see DMC2 as a seperate entity from the following games. Capcom wanted DMC3 to be a fresh start for the series. They didn't continue DMC2 because they didn't see how it could continue.

I doubt DMC5 will link into DMC2 in anyway. I think it will continue from DMC4 as if DMC1 and DMC2 didn't exist.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
DMC1 and DMC2 didn't exist.
I see where you're coming from; but why DMC1? Capcom acknowledges it. In each spin-off game Dante has his DMC1 costume, only excluding SMT3 and PS AllStars. He even recently made an appearance on Monster Hunter and Project X Zone 2 and he still has his DMC1 clothes. Also remember that the events in DMC:TAS are also based on the events right after DMC1 and he has his DMC1 outfit.

I understand their reluctance of accepting DMC2 though. Yet I still hope they don't retcon it in sequels. I love it's setup, overall theme and all. If they'd remake it, it would actually be a very decent game.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Considering the fact they have included Lucia in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighter DS, and you can unlock an icon based off her in PlayStation Allstars: Battle Royale, I am sure Capcom has no intention of ignoring DMC2.

GF9000000Returns

I for one hope that DMC5 would be a "retconned" version of DMC2, all of the missions from DMC2 improved along with what happened with Dante in hell. I also hope Dante's attire is like the one in DMC2(my second favorite costume).

Ah, yes, I imagine seeing a teaser with "middle-aged" Dante smoking and shooting at the camera with rock music playing in the background! Hopefully Itsuno knows what he's doing.

Nero

I think they just need to remake dmc 2 like not hd afy it like the hd collection but simply remake it the way itshould have been with better graphics harder difficulty and even better combat like 3 or 4 and give them moves that we can combo with like million stabs i like that mmove. Also stop leaving meh hanging capcom who came through that door ._. Maybe it was nero or maybe dante or sparda o.o pfft nah~ it was definatly vergil '-' he used a gold orb and came back muwahaha~

Ixbran

Smashing~
I think they just need to remake dmc 2 like not hd afy it like the hd collection but simply remake it the way itshould have been with better graphics harder difficulty and even better combat like 3 or 4 and give them moves that we can combo with like million stabs i like that mmove. Also stop leaving meh hanging capcom who came through that door ._. Maybe it was nero or maybe dante or sparda o.o pfft nah~ it was definatly vergil '-' he used a gold orb and came back muwahaha~

What would be really cool is if not only did they remake DMC2but also include all the series playable characters

Continue with the two character stoyline thing. Make it so players can use Vergil and Nero in Dante's story, and then enable Trish and Lady playable in Lucias story. All 6 playable in a single game, would be fun dont cha think?

Nero

What would be really cool is if not only did they remake DMC2but also include all the series playable characters

Continue with the two character stoyline thing. Make it so players can use Vergil and Nero in Dante's story, and then enable Trish and Lady playable in Lucias story. All 6 playable in a single game, would be fun dont cha think?
Yes that would be cool and of course lotsa costumes! XD

Bazilican

Beer and big tits all around! XD

Remakes are so played out now. A new entry would make fans happy

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium

Hmmm nah. Better make a new game with all the playable characters so far, involving them in the story too, mind you. It would be a spectacular conclusion for the series. Kinda like Rocksteady is doing with Batman: Arkham Knight.

Although I'm not dying to see Lucia again, but eh...

Creelien

True Spiritualist
Maybe Cacpom is already planning DMC5. But first they re-release DmC: DE and DMC4: SE to get money.

Dante's Ghost

Browsing The Halls of Fortuna Castle
Maybe Cacpom is already planning DMC5. But first they re-release DmC: DE and DMC4: SE to get money.

Already on both. One in the post and one out in June ready for an immediate order aha! However, DMC5, whats the talks? And forgive me, I've been away for a while .... :/

Frazz

General gamer
Hmmm nah. Better make a new game with all the playable characters so far, involving them in the story too, mind you. It would be a spectacular conclusion for the series. Kinda like Rocksteady is doing with Batman: Arkham Knight.

Although I'm not dying to see Lucia again, but eh...
If they bring her back then they'd better get a voice actress that can... Act. I hope these DMC5 rumours are true but with Capcom we will never know! A TGS reveal would make my year though.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I hope these DMC5 rumours are true but with Capcom we will never know! A TGS reveal would make my year though.

Dunno man, lots of assumptions and hopes for now but it seems to me history is repeating itself. You know, same as DMC3 SE and the following DMC4 reveal. I sure as hell hope that's the case.

Frazz

General gamer
Dunno man, lots of assumptions and hopes for now but it seems to me history is repeating itself. You know, same as DMC3 SE and the following DMC4 reveal. I sure as hell hope that's the case.
That certainly sounds promising. Although didn't the producer say stuff like he wanted "an older Dante on an Indiana Jones adventure"? If he said that recently surely development of a DMC5 hadn't started otherwise when asked about the future of the series he would have said "no comment" or something. So if it is being made then I'd imagine work has only just begun.

Top Bottom