• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Itsuno talks about DMC5

absolitude

the devil is not as black as he painted
tbh, DMC4 ending was more like a wrap for a saga, no ending could do it better than a young potential successor saying "will we meet again?", the only mistake it did was that the game looses focus on the supposedly end story, they may have completed the gameplay, but something made them loose focus on the story..

whatever sequel we're getting, i won't rage, i embrace both.. just hope they put it all for the sequel, and like you said, make a proper end to the saga.. and enough with the rushing or whatever interference that was, cuz i think both 4 n reboot was rushed..

absolitude

those are proper ending, by the makers standard.. so the way things went, there will never be a proper ending.. and let's stop wanting DMC2 to get in line with the originals, didn't the maker regret that game? i liked DMC2, and i can live with them ridiculosly ignoring that.. for this time around just make a non-rushed complete game for the sequel, end it or not end it, just complete it..

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I imagine angst storm that hit if DMC5 gets announced. As for me its either DMC5 or DMC franchise dead to me.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yeah too bad the actual ending of DMC4 starred Dante, Trish and Lady going out the shop rockin and rolling to another mission.

So, either making a new game kicking off from that ending or from DMC2, it's all fine by me.
But I prefer if they acknowledge DMC2 and properly end the saga with a blast.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Well they do acknowledge DMC2, but only vaguely. And, surprisingly, mostly through Lucia.
  • In Devil May Cry 3, when stages either end or begin, you find those random numbers that are meant to show what chapter your in. IE: the opening to chapter 3 features 3 burning baddies laying in a pile, forming the number 3. In chapter 7, after being shot in the head by lady, Dante dabs his finger on the spot hes shot, slides his bloody finger across a wall forming a lone, and the blood dribbling down forming the number 7.

In the opening to chapter 9, when Dante leaves Lady to fight the bad guys on her own, shes seen changing her gun cartridges, and you can see an engraving on the bottom of the bullet casings "9mm Lucia". This both being the bullet size and brand name, while also referencing her character.

• Lucia appears as a usable character card in SNK vs. Capcom: Card Fighter DS.

• In PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale it is possible for players to gain character icons, in game, based off the original DMC franchises characters. By getting Donte to Rank 17, players unlock an icon based off Lucia
Capcom still acknowledges DMC2 is still a thing, and has been for a while now. However these acknowledgements are very subtle and you have to keep an eye out for them. The fact that Lucia is still being referenced, to this day, outside of DMCHD, shows that they aren't ignoring DMC2. They are just not putting a lot of focus on it.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smashing~
The way I see it, by acknowledging the character of Lucia, continuing to show that she exists, tells me they do Acknowledge DMC2 as a whole. If they didn't, they wouldn't be referencing her as they have.

Though I imagine that's just me trying to stay positive about the whole thing.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Though I imagine that's just me trying to stay positive about the whole thing.

Exactly.

Unfortunately when it comes to the story, Capcom doesn't really care that much about DMC2, to the point of ignoring it in a sum up for the main actors of their latest game (at that time, the latest).

Viper

Premium
@Foxtrot94
They could have also been trying to save time and effort, since DMC3 is set way before DMC2, the events of DMC2 would probably be just unnecessary burden for an actor playing an earlier version.

EDIT: Sign of fate... on this link here you'll find a blog post with translated parts of an interview with Kobayashi and Itsuno from 2008 and they touch upon DMC2.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
All I see here is white, apparently the video is not available to me.

Try copy paste what's between the MEDIA HTML code on Google.
It should appear in the text box if you quote my post.

Listen to what Reuben and Johnny say.

I don't doubt DMC2 is in their minds in some way. I don't think it's exactly a good way though.

Viper

Premium
Try copy paste what's between the MEDIA HTML code on Google.
It should appear in the text box if you quote my post.

Listen to what Reuben and Johnny say.

I don't doubt DMC2 is in their minds in some way. I don't think it's exactly a good way though.
Nope, tried google, got nothing, tried putting it into youtube's video address, got message that it's not available. I'm wasting time on searching, so I'll just take your word on it.

However, even if they deliberately skipped DMC2 for a not liking it reason, things might have changed since then, it's been years after all.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Are we saying that they should address DMC 2 if they are to make DMC 5? Because I'm again finding myself lost as to the point here.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
It's what I said. Address it and its cliffhanger ending.

I've always said that the only thing that they should do is continue from 2. Oh wow, nobody liked 2 = Forget all about it and move on. No! Focus more on DMC 2 and actually address key points in the story. Y'know, like what's happened to Dante now. What will Nero be doing. There's the potential of bringing Vergil back. I don't mean like DMC 4: SE. I mean actually bring him back. And what about Lucia? I actually liked her character.

You see, everybody is so quick to say DMC 2 sucked that they don't realise that DMC 2 is where we are currently at in the story. DMC 4 is set before DMC 2. So DMC 4 didn't end anything. It actually created more questions because of Nero's addition to DMC as a whole.

So to me the only way they can move forward with Devil May Cry is to work from what happened in 2. And also explain Nero.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
They shpuld either do a game befpre 2 again showing why dante changed and got quiet and why lady and trish weren't arpund , or do a game set after two where dante wipes out the demon world and comes back and fights a new threat on the surface

while he is in hell nero can protect up top , that way they both get there story continued
unless of course nero is killed off

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
I honestly don't care about the period DMC5 will take place in. I just want it to have a not rushed development. If Capcom gives them enough time, I'm pretty sure Itsuno and Kobayashi will create something marvelous anyway.

absolitude

So DMC 4 didn't end anything. It actually created more questions because of Nero's addition to DMC as a whole.

in regards to what i've read in the forum about the creator, maker, producer --whatever that was-- about the not wanting to put DMC2 in line with the saga, DMC4 ended the series very well with the "will we meet again" ending, only like i've said many times, the story in it didn't do justice, compared to the epic DMC3, 4 was a let down, it should've been bigger than 3..

but if we take consideration to the cliffhanger in 2, DMC4 certainly didn't end anything, but then again, if we could accept their tendency to messes up the timeline, DMC4 still is a good ending to a saga.. and Nero's appearance don't need to pose a question, the situation was like goku and oob, uhb ubb, what was his name again? if iremember correctly ub asked the same question to goku.. did his appearance raised question?

but enough with this, DMC5 is the sequel, what happened to the franchise makes it so.. you dont need to fear keeping hopes up..

Top Bottom