• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Itsuno mentions Devil May Cry 5 in interview

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Hey Buzz!!! Put a spin on this!!!
DmCWoody_zpsdd66550b.jpg

Take notes Koboyashi. THIS is how you do a western DMC4 Dante.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
Damn I missed a lot in this thread, from the cool idea of playing as the legendary demon slayer Woody to the awful idea of combining him with the disgusting abomination to the franchise, Donte.

But hey, DMC5, Make it happen!!

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Sniff. Sniff, sniff.
Yep. Thought as much.

Oh. And it is on my mind to one day bag Dante. But hey. You never know. Maybe I will. Maybe I won't. Doesn't change the fact that I'd still want to. Perhaps one day, when Capcom turn to me and say 'have Dante and do what you will', I will make good on my decade-resolution. Orrrr I may be bored with Dante by then and just do some other guy. Like... I dunno. Chris?
/end analogy

EnJ

Shade
It means nothing...
At first we will see DD2, then capcom goes bankrupt, the end.
Devil may cry is dead. :/

DragonMaster2010

Nope it was DmC

DmC was not the worst thing to happen to DMC. Compared to DMC2 which had horrible gameply, botched voice acting, literally no character development, boring levels, being able to beat the whole game with only guns, and no other devil arms besides your sword and guns...

you're really gonna look me straight in the face (or computer screen) and tell me that DmC was the worse thing to happen to DMC (a series it has no affiliation with cannon wise besides the name and characters) and that DMC2 was pitch perfect?

If so...wow, girl.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
DmC is the 2nd worst thing to happen to Devil May Cry, come on everybody in the Devil May Cry fanbase knows DMC2 is the worst.
DMC2 put the franchise down in the dumps, DMC3 & 4 brought the franchise out of the dumps and then DmC put it right back in.

DragonMaster2010

DmC is the 2nd worst thing to happen to Devil May Cry, come on everybody in the Devil May Cry fanbase knows DMC2 is the worst.
DMC2 put the franchise down in the dumps, DMC3 & 4 brought the franchise out of the dumps and then DmC put it right back in.

If DmC really did put DMC back in the dumps, then there wouldn't be the possible DMC5 coming out.

Not only that, but because of DmC, the series has more fans invested into the series in general. Do you know how many copies of the HD collection has sold thanks to DmC weither for positive or negative reasons? Plus, the original series itself has gained more attention because of the reboot. If it was any other DMC game, it would've just been looked at by most other gamers as "same old, same old" like Sengoku Basara or Street Fighter.

Now that the reboots said and done, and they decide to go back to the original series, DMC5 will ride on DmC's controversy along with it's popularity among critics and other new gamers and get more attention from people.

Obvious business planning that I don't think capcom would be stupid enough not to take advantage of.

Obviously, I'll miss DmC and would love a DmC2, but unlike the original fanbase and their explosion to the reboot back in 2010, I'm not gonna bitch about it. I'll take it as such and get over it.

xMobilemux

Supporter 2014
DMC5 is the only thing that can happen and end well, yes you're right, thanks to DmC, the HD collection sold better and DMC5 is in massive demand, come to think of it, the same thing could be said with MGR for the Metal Gear franchise(it was MGR that got me into Metal Gear after all).
A few weeks ago, I would have disagreed with you on Capcoms stupidity, but since they seem to be rethinking their sales expectations for Dead Rising 3, they seem to be getting some brains.

Top Bottom