• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Nero were to appear in DmC,would him being the son of Dante and Kat be okay?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Him not being Vergil's son defeats the point. You may as well create a new character for Dante's kid.
Hmm? I'm afraid I don't understand your point.

Nero being Vergil's son had practically zero relevance in DMC4 outside of him having Sparda's blood, which easily makes him interchangeable as Dante's son.

Reactions: Gel

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nero being Vergil's son had practically zero relevance in DMC4 outside of him having Sparda's blood

And outside of him having that special connection with Yamato, fact that saved his life by unleashing his inner devil. If he wasn't Vergil's son, his story would have been very short lived. I don't think that's zero relevance.

However that's very DMC4 specific, so to speak, so the other side of the argument is that in DmC you can still make him Dante's son because of the different setting and circumstances and stuff.

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Point taken, but...
And outside of him having that special connection with Yamato
Dante can use that too and it's original owner, Sparda.
fact that saved his life by unleashing his inner devil
It was his Papa who made him awaken his inner demon, not Yamato per se. Only after Nero accepted his Papa's gift, Yamato recognized him as his new legitimate owner.
If he wasn't Vergil's son, his story would have been very short lived.
If he was Dante's son, sure he would be important for the story, maybe even more thatn he is now.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Dante can use that too and it's original owner, Sparda.

However Dante was never its legitimate owner so if Nero was his son, I don't think Yamato would interact with him as it does now.

Also, as for your second point, it is strongly suggested that Nero can't access his Devil Trigger without Yamato. Every time he is shown in DT form he has it with him and every time he is in dire need to transform but Yamato is not in his hand, he doesn't. And of course, in Agnus' lab, his transformation is not complete until Yamato gets held by him.
It's not certain of course, but there's enough clues supporting it.

But as I said, that's all DMC4 specific. Making him Dante's son in DmC would still make sense.

Last edited:

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
And outside of him having that special connection with Yamato, fact that saved his life by unleashing his inner devil. If he wasn't Vergil's son, his story would have been very short lived. I don't think that's zero relevance.
Hmm...I would dispute that, but I don't wish to derail this thread.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Actually, literally nothing about Nero from DMC has to cross over into DmC - at least, not personality wise.

@Veloran: Nobody is asking us if we'd like a DmC 2, so putting 'DmC 2 - Never' is kind of unnecessary here.

Solar the rabbit

Wow. My first thread goes pass two pages. And no hate wars! That awesome
I kind of figured that Lady and Vergil had gotten their jig on and that's where Nero stemmed from.
I even wrote a whole fanfic on this theory.

Lady being Nero mom wouldn't make any sense. Considering that meant and she had no reaction that hinted that she was his mother. Maybe there something in DMC3. I got to finished it.

Gel

Premium
Also, as for your second point, it is strongly suggested that Nero can't access his Devil Trigger without Yamato.
True, I suspect that is the true , having its roots on the fact he is a child of a half demon and a full blood human. Maybe his condition improves with some training in the future.
However Dante was never its legitimate owner so if Nero was his son, I don't think Yamato would interact with him as it does now
I can't sincerely answer that, but since Dante is Vergil's identical twin and these two were once one, maybe Yamato would accept Dante as his owner too.
Lady being Nero mom wouldn't make any sense. Considering that meant and she had no reaction that hinted that she was his mother. Maybe there something in DMC3. I got to finished it.
There isn't nothing there, mate. Nero's mother is (apparently) the (yet) unknown lady in red in DMC4SE. Maybe in a future game we will know who is his mother's true appearance and name.

Solar the rabbit

Gel said:
There isn't nothing there, mate. Nero's mother is (apparently) the (yet) unknown lady in red in DMC4SE. Maybe in a future game we will know who is his mother's true appearance and name.

Thank you for telling me. Still need to finished DMC3.

Reactions: Gel

Gray Knight

I'd be neutral towards it. If he was Kat and Dante's kid though he'd have super special genetic by then, half-witch (I think so?), quarter demon and quarter angel. So that's a lot of special powers in one body.
I had an idea of Nero being an unrelated half demon and Lucia being a half angel with them working together or something in a plot that hybridizes DMC2 and DMC4 in the reboot style.

Viper

Premium
If he was Kat and Dante's kid though he'd have super special genetic by then, half-witch (I think so?), quarter demon and quarter angel. So that's a lot of special powers in one body.
With a little bit of everything in him he would again be compared to Ichigo from Bleach (although since when is witch a thing of genetics?). Since I see Vergil DLC is already being compared to the series in question, that would spawn even more ridicule.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
To me, Nero was a character I liked but he was underwhelming character with a lot of missed potential so bringing him as Dante's kid feels like a way to steer the straight and cut the fat.

It's not the only way to do it but its the most appealing to me.

Gel

Premium
I'll be okay with Nero being Dante's and Kat's child, but please, this time don't make him an unwanted child again, but fruit of a real relationship and raised (at least) by one of his parents.

DeamonslayeR

The one true son of Sparda
Yeah sure. They changed a lot of things in the reboot so nero being Dante's son is no issue. Personally I would like him to be a third long lost brother in the reboot. That kinda spices things up.

Reign

Yay.

But in secret, due to Nero meeting Dante at an older age, the memory of Kat and Vergil is erased in the comic, therefore Nero mistakenly thinks Dante is his father, but is constantly haunted by Vergil. He turns on Dante as he embraces his demonic side thanks to years of Vergil influence. This entire scheme was Vergil's plan and it was meant to show Dante that his worst nightmare is back and more dangerous than ever. Hence how he sent his son to murder Dante.

In truth, behind the scheme, that loving brother is still there and he knew that Nero would be saved by Dante and sent him to him to save him from a fate similar to his own.

Gray Knight

Well due to the changes that would occur with Nero being part Nephilim instead of being special because he has the blood of Sparda, how would these translate in relation to his abilities?
I can see him retaining his phantom and buster abilities because it could be explained as what happens when Kat's Astral Projection merges with Dante's power to manifest Rebellion.
Would he still have a Devil Bringer?
Would he gain a demonic right arm and angelic left arm or one arm that can shift between modes?
Nero's power growth in DMC4 was tied to the Yamato, what instead of Nero use to unlock his powers?
Would he still have Red Queen and Blue Rose and if so what modifications would they undergo?
I could see Red Queen as a sword made to channel some of Nero's power, with charging of Angelic or Demonic power instead of rev gauges, normally doing neutral damage but depending on what type of rev is set it can deal their corresponding damage.

Top Bottom