• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If Nero were to appear in DmC,would him being the son of Dante and Kat be okay?

DDutchguy

DmC hype
I'd be totally fine with it. Imagine how cool the dynamic between Nero and Dante could be, it would be so rad. It means we get an older, more mature DmC Dante which sounds really awesome to me.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I'd settle for anything of Nero, honestly. The only reference we got to him in the game was the Blue Rose that triggered Dante's ability to use Angel Lift.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Believe it or not, Nero's the one thing I wouldn't want to see in DmC, mostly because him and the New Dante share a lot of similarities in terms of personality and mannerisms. I know a lot of people call Nero a Dante-clone, but he and the rebooted Dante co-existing in the same universe, projecting the same airs of roguish cockiness and rebellious nature would be exceptionally jading.

It would just kill the newer Dante's uniqueness. Unless he had matured or evolved significantly by the time Nero enters the story.

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
Believe it or not, Nero's the one thing I wouldn't want to see in DmC, mostly because him and the New Dante share a lot of similarities in terms of personality and mannerisms. I know a lot of people call Nero a Dante-clone, but he and the rebooted Dante co-existing in the same universe, projecting the same airs of roguish cockiness and rebellious nature would be exceptionally jading.

It would just kill the newer Dante's uniqueness. Unless he had matured or evolved significantly by the time Nero enters the story.
Hopefully if they did include Nero in DmC they'd be allowed more creative liberty with his character unlike say Dante/Vergil. I'd really like them to go wild and give him a radically different personality than either Dante or Vergil just for contrast and to make him stand out.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Nero is a character I'm unsure about so him getting drastically rebooted and disconnected from Dante in the reboot was something I thought about.

However bringing him in as Dante and Kat's kid is a fast and simple way and allows for different opportunities for Dante and Kat to explore. Family Legacy takes on a different meaning than it did in the classic games. In the classic games Dante was burdened by the fallout of Sparda's actions and now he would have to consider the fallout of his actions towards Nero.

It comes full circle.

Solar the rabbit

Nero is a character I'm unsure about so him getting drastically rebooted and disconnected from Dante in the reboot was something I thought about.

However bringing him in as Dante and Kat's kid is a fast and simple way and allows for different opportunities for Dante and Kat to explore. Family Legacy takes on a different meaning than it did in the classic games. In the classic games Dante was burdened by the fallout of Sparda's actions and now he would have to consider the fallout of his actions towards Nero.

It comes full circle.
Why do people say what I want to say but better?

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
Yay or Nay?
I kind of figured that Lady and Vergil had gotten their jig on and that's where Nero stemmed from.
I even wrote a whole fanfic on this theory.
How Arkham came to work alongside Vergil... and so on and so forth.
Not that I'm a fan of the theory but you know.... better Vergil than Dante. ;)
But having Nero be DmC Dante and Kat's offspring? Yeah, sure, why not play with the idea. It won't happen as Nero would probably be rebooted ala Dante and Vergil style and he'd be called something else but... I guess it's where the inspiration for the character comes from, right?

I hear what you're saying but if they consider dragging Nero into DmC I'm all for it since it's unlikely that Nero will appear in any subsequent vanilla DMC's. And if you go on the change of Dante's character from DMC3 to DMC4, he's toned down a bit. Still witty and taking jabs at opponents and such but a lot less 'yo mama'. It's safe to say that the same growth would be applied to an older version of DmC Dante as well. As much as I'm not a fan of the appearance of DmC, I'm definitely a fan of the story, and Dante had grown from a careless sexual deviant with no direction at the start of the game, to someone with depth and motivation and purpose by the end. Massive character development. In ONE game. NT did a bloody good job. Capcom sucks at story which is why vanilla Dante is always stagnant throughout the games. (m'kay, to their credit they did try in DMC3)
So if you think about it that way, Nero and reboot Dante existing in the same universe could work really well. Imagine reboot Dante trying to coach Nero because he's been there and done that, but Nero flips him the bird and does as he wants which would irk Dante to no end and Nero would get himself into all these sticky situations and Dante would come busting in to help him out.... I mean dude, imagine the banter.
It would be hilarious, and entertaining at the very least. They can even switch it up later on in the game and have Dante be the one in trouble and Nero be the one to bail him out.
And if they follow in line with classic DMC (where Dante and Vergil were always battling each other until they joined sides to beat Arkham), and Dante and Nero finally join forces - I mean it would be epic stuff. Just with something catchier and more modern than 'jackpot'.
BOOM, might work.
XDDDDDDDD

Shoot. Did I just go off topic?

Top Bottom