• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If capcom makes a DMC sequel, what do you think it'd be about ?

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul
I can't take it seriously since the new Dante isn't really that 'serious' he's just kicking cameras and pretending that he's cool

DMC 1 was pretty gritty&dark.... -_- you're seriously comparing it with boderlands ?

and what do you mean by 'overly animated character' ?

He means Dante was trying to be forced down your throats as cool. When in all seriousness we only liked him because he had guns and a sword.

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul
And the new Dante isnt? NT has been trying way too hard to make the new Dante look "cool".

His personality wins me over, not the materials he carries. So they've accomplished "cool" for personality and "cool" for materials. Unlike the anime version of Dante.

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
I can't take it seriously since the new Dante isn't really that 'serious' he's just kicking cameras and pretending that he's cool

DMC 1 was pretty gritty&dark.... -_- you're seriously comparing it with boderlands ?

The Stylish Half breed

Dmc looks promising but lately i've thought the idea could has been made into sequel instead of ''reboot''. Anyway, i wouldn't mind playing it despise what others said

MegaMad9

The Mad Man

Well, DMC3 and DMC4 were very over the top with lots of oddball personalities like animated cartoon characters. The Borderlands' characters are also overly animated oddballs. Not that it's a bad thing, I just like serious games.
The new DmC seems a lot more serious than DMC3 and DMC4 with the darker tone and backdrop, not to mention that it has a much more serious storyline. But I said that DMC is more over the top and, to an extent campy, because that's what most people think when they hear Devil May Cry. Moderate fans don't remember DMC1 or 2 because they came out so long ago and other DMC games have been made in their place.
(BTW I consider most of the fans on forums in general to be hardcore fans, not moderate ones)
"Dante isn't really that 'serious' he's just kicking cameras and pretending that he's cool"- I think that they purposely made him a loudmouth jerk because that's exactly how Dante in DMC3 was. I think that at the end of DmC, Dante will become more serious and mature.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
The new DmC seems a lot more serious than DMC3 and DMC4 with the darker tone and backdrop, not to mention that it has a much more serious storyline. But I said that DMC is more over the
(BTW I consider most of the fans on forums in general to be hardcore fans, not moderate ones)
I think that at the end of DmC, Dante will become more serious and mature.

DMC 4 was a big mistake and DMC 3 was supposed to be one shot prequel its style was never intended to be carried on

All i've seen in DmC Dante cussing and trying to look 'cool' idk how this makes him any different than DMC 3's loud mouth dante and the storyline has angels and cults.... i can't take anything like that seriously

i think i have to scream now DMC 3/4 which are supposed prequels doesn't DEFINE DMC series..

everyone who has played DMC 1 knows that its the best game in the series...

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
DMC 4 was a big mistake and DMC 3 was supposed to be one shot prequel its style was never intended to be carried on

All i've seen in DmC Dante cussing and trying to look 'cool' idk how this makes him any different than DMC 3's loud mouth dante and the storyline has angels and cults.... i can't take anything like that seriously

i think i have to scream now DMC 3/4 which are supposed prequels doesn't DEFINE DMC series..

everyone who has played DMC 1 knows that its the best game in the series...

That is opinion.

He played DMC1 and this what he says.

Starts @5:00

From a gameplay perspective I view DMC(1) as the worst; VERY sh*tty camera, very limited gameplay and boring controls compared to the other games, missions were short and quick as hell, those goddamn underwater segments, and a whole lot of bullsh*t Kamiya put in there for the sake of being a prick. It however does have the best atmosphere, the best stage design, the most challenging (well if you want to argue about DMC3 Regular Edition then maybe not), required a lot of and the best exploration and overall layout of each event and how mixed it well with the situation and even area. It almost might have the best boss battles due to how the boss battles were greatly not only amped by the bosses large variety of moves, the stage design or location of the boss fights made the boss fights so enjoyable like fighting Griffin in that large Colosseum or the first and second encounter with Nelo Angelo in that large open area...ohh fighting Griffin on that ship was rather the most unique boss fighting experience I ever had. Even the first encounter with Phantom was awesome due to how you can use those pillars to your advantage and yet still look out for Phantom. FIGHTING MUNDUS IN THE AIR. DMC4 Boss Battles are only enjoyable at the max when using Nero mainly after DMC1 the boss fights have all been fight this random guy or monster in a close space. I liked how DMC(1) was more of creative tactics over stylish action not just using your abilities but your environment and even enemies own abilities to your advantage.

However from a story perspective.......compare to the rest I found it boring. I just watched it to see what happens next and wasn't at all pulled in...DMC3 & DMC4 was able to do this at least and to an extent even DMC2 had me interested. However, the story did get remotely interesting after Griffin was slain by Mundus. The end was pretty good but sadly it wasn't all that great compared to.....well other games I've played. Overall the story was okay but it did have a few badass moments like Dante finishing off Mundus and even emotion pulling moments like the Vergil part. The story was the most cheesiest out of all DMC games and to me the most cheesiest game I've ever played and it wasn't when Dante was being funny or cocky but almost every line in the game was so corny and cheesy that the writers put zero effort into actually writing creative or interesting lines. However, the story did had its pretty retarded moments when Dante left the Sword of Sparda......and the perfect amulet....next to Trish's supposed corpse......in its awakened state....in the underworld.......yeah Dante the most powerful sword in existence and your father's keepsake and your mother's prized possession that she passed it down to you and your brother and with the 2 of them you can open or close a portal to the demon world and you thought it was a bright idea to leave it in the underworld next to the dead body of a chick who tried to kill you and worked for the guy who killed your mother and corrupted your brother and even if she did look like your mother for the rather obvious reasons and risked her life to save yours she still isn't worth leaving the most powerful Devil Arm and the amulet in the underworld. That was the most dumbest thing I've ever saw EVER.....
25475067.jpg

It made Dante look like a true idiot.

Another story bullsh*t was Trish miraculously coming back to life to somehow save the day......that mean that she was never dead to begin with or some other BS. Unless if demons have another anatomy from humans it makes no sense. Maybe it was the amulet or Sparda....I don't know it was never explained. Or the somehow this randomly placed modern airplane (for DMC's timeline) still works....then again why is a plane in a castle or island that has been abandoned for centuries maybe even millenniums and the plane was more advance and modern than the other stuff shown in the castle or the island.

Wow this game has a pretty sh*t story too....no offense I liked the game but its story wasn't just like how the other DMC games were.....it was very bad not because it was boring at times or not that interesting but it was riddled with bullsh*t and bad writing.

But I guess Kamiya wrote it and he wrote Bayonetta and Resident Evil 4.....so it all makes sense.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
That is opinion.
He played DMC1 and this what he says.
Starts @5:00.

*Cough*

First off all the guy who made this video needs a kick to the balls.. he's a complete attention hore..

I'll debunk every 'facts' he provided for FF3&DMC 1

FF3 - He starts off saying that he didn't enjoy 3 just because it was the same game as FF1&FF2 which doesn't make sense

another thing is he says that there is 'minor' problem in gameplay this isn't a big point

and he says that the story is simple

SO Does simple story make a Game bad ? NO !

he says that the final boss isn't that intimidating enough

does that make the game not fun !? NO !

HE definitely knows that FF3 is a REAMKE not reboot so its obvious to find a simple story like NES games and minor gameplay elements which doesn't fit in properly but that doesn't make the game Bad or boring to play !

idk why he keeps repeating 'cliche' when he clearly knows that this is a remake of NES game what a dumbass !

and he says that FF7 is 'revolutionary' in terms of graphics even though FF7 has the most dumbest story in FF ever tch..

DMC 1 Looks like he is a autistic kid who never played any of buttton mashing 2d beat'em'ups or something like street fighter he must've been playing pokemon on GBA

He says controls are terrible which isn't Dante is controlled perfectly and that's why the gameplay is always tight

AND ! he calls DMC's combat repetitive WHAT !? Are you fuc***ng kidding me ?

you can do like 30 of those combos ! with different weapons&guns he's clearly a n00b

the third reason isn't even a vaild he says 'the enemies have no purpose but to get in your way' ISN'T DMC3 the same ? don't they re-spawn in DMC3 too ?

and why is he bringing up 'scary' here ? WTF ?

IT is supposed to be a hack'n'slash.... really this overgrown idiot needs to learn more about video games

and he says that he hates the gameplay lol DMC is supposed to be strong in its deep gameplay

He's trying to be like AVGN but fails miserably

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
^^^I don't know jack sh*t about FF3 or any FF game outside FF6, 7, 8, 10, & 13 series as well as tactics.

However as for DMC I do think he was only talking about the first DMC and only briefly explains the other games and the reboot.

I do partially agree with him.

1) The scary part made no sense but he does have a point for a game made by the same team that makes Resident Evil games it had no scare factor at all like RE games but I don't think they were trying to be scary so that point was invalid in his case but I guess its like expecting a certain thing from a developer like expecting Team Ninja to have a lot of @ss, tits, and fanservice in their games or expecting Ninja Theory to have a deep story and characters or you get the point.

2) I think the controls are terrible.....literally no use for the d-pad and there was 2 buttons to shoot and I think he is also complaining how on normal mode you have to lock on if you want to shoot. I felt they wasted a lot of buttons and didn't think the combat all the way through. One trigger was a taunt while the other was to see a useless map. I never used the map for I had no need to that thing was never helpful because it wasn't all that hard to navigate through the areas and the map displayed no helpful useful information other than "YOU ARE HERE". DMC2 IMO really improved the controls GREATLY from DMC but I felt the Right Trigger should've been used for Sword Switching if the Left was to switch guns.

3) As for DMC's combat, its not DMC3 or DMC4 were talking about here, but DMC(1) and in that one there was no weapon switching on the fly so if you wanted to switch your weapon you had to press start and go to your inventory and sort through to find the weapon you wanted to switch to. Plus each weapon in DMC had like 5-7 moves and the guns only did one function and can charge. So you had to charge into battle with one weapon and one gun until you changed them in your inventory. It wasn't like DMC3, DMC4, Bayonetta, GoW, DmC, NMH, or Onechanbara Z where you can quickly swap between weapons effortless and pull off a plethora of devastating combos and moves so the combat did get a bit repetitive eventually just charging in with one weapon with just 7 moves and 3 weapons (2 of which are the same) but it was able to add depth with the gun juggling that did made the gameplay less repetitive once you know how to use it right but having to sort through your inventory screen to switch weapons everytime did make the combat repetitive and at times annoying. I played DMC3 first then I played DMC1 next and it was a HUGE setback in terms of gameplay....A HUGE SETBACK...maybe if I played DMC2 next instead and then played DMC....it probably wouldn't be that much of a huge setback.

4) Deep and strong with its gameplay. DMC3 & DMC4 yes and hell even DMC2 but DMC was too simple, outside its some unique features like juggling, and just felt like an enhanced RE action game with swords. But DMC is mainly famous for starting a new genre, its difficulty and challenge, its main character, and stylish action....something apparently new at the time not for being a triple AAA game in terms of gameplay and depth for I can list hundreds of games in the same genre that has better gameplay mechanics that DMC(1) but are those games better than DMC...no there is a lot of things that makes a good game or a bad game.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
However as for DMC I do think he was only talking about the first DMC and only briefly explains the other games and the reboot.
I do partially agree with him
2) I think the controls are terrible......
3) I played DMC3 first then I played DMC1 next and it was a HUGE setback in terms of gameplay....A HUGE SETBACK...maybe if I played DMC2 next instead and then played DMC....it probably wouldn't be that much of a huge setback.
4) Deep and strong with its gameplay. DMC3 & DMC4 yes and hell even DMC2 but DMC was too simple, outside its some unique features like juggling, and just felt like an enhanced RE action game with swords. But DMC is mainly famous for starting a new genre, its difficulty and challenge, its main character, and stylish action....something apparently new at the time not for being a triple AAA game in terms of gameplay and depth for
Your first point doesn't make any sense to be its like the developers of heavy rain decides to do kirby and yet you're expecting something like heavy rain... DMC was going for a traditional hack'n'slash

and considering this was the first game the controls are pretty simple and there was no need for a D-pad and map wasn't always useless it helped in knowing about how big the room/castle was

I don't think weapon quick-switching was in the trend back then.. and there wasn't really a rush to change swords either..

this is the first game anyway !

I don't think nitpicking about controls/camera angels and some dated gamaplay mechanics is legit IMO

DMC 1's difficulty level is what makes it a great game

you like DMC 3 okay !
you prefer DMC3 over DMC 1 fine !

But DMC 1 is the best game in the series despite its flaws

"I can list hundreds of games in the same genre that has better gameplay mechanics that DMC(1) but are those games better than DMC...no there is a lot of things that makes a good game or a bad game"

okay list me something as good as DMC 1 BUT Before 2001 !!

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
But DMC 1 is the best game in the series despite its flaws

"I can list hundreds of games in the same genre that has better gameplay mechanics that DMC(1) but are those games better than DMC...no there is a lot of things that makes a good game or a bad game"

okay list me something as good as DMC 1 BUT Before 2001 !!

I don't only like DMC 3 over DMC 1 I like DMC2 & DMC4 over DMC 1 as well.

Zelda Ocarina of Time, Sonic Adventure, Unreal Tournament, Xenogears, Chrono Trigger, Street Fighter games, King of Fighter games, Guilty Gear, Dynasty Warriors 2, Half-Life, and Metal Gear Solid.

There are plenty of others plus I'm mainly disappointed by DMC's controls as a PS2 game you'd expect the boys at Capcom to try better considering they've made games in the era of PS1 & Nintendo 64. Plus DMC may be the first in its genre it doesn't mean its genre is all that unique. DMC is basically a 3D hack n' slash and beat em up hybrid. Hack n Slashs and Beat Em Ups long existed before DMC and games in those genres have attempted to revolutionized the gameplay of its genre far from what DMC did when combining the 2 genres.

Plus it being hard and challenging doesn't make it that unique, the old Ninja Gaiden games were much harder in a fair way and so were some old school games. Want hard? Play DMC4 on Hell & Hell Mode. Now that is hard.

There weren't much other games around the same time as DMC that had camera problems like it. Mario 64 and Sonic Adventure had a decent camera.

Now I'm not saying DMC is a bad game....its a great game..........for its time but your saying DMC is the best DMC game and not as an opinion but as a fact like its documented in history that "DMC(1) is the Best DMC game ever". No one has ever said it was the best just that it was a great game but they said that for DMC3 & DMC4 and many other games. Capcom has never come out and said "Yeah DMC1 was the best DMC game we ever made the rest are irrelevant" not even Kamiya said DMC(1) is the best DMC game. In an interview Eshiro, Itsuno, and Alex all said DMC3 & DMC4 were there favorite DMC games. If DMC(1) was the best DMC game made they probably would say it or mention it.

The first shooting game isn't the best shooting game, the first fighting game isn't the best fighting game, nor is the first racing game the best racing game. They're just great for being first not the best so that other games can precede them and be better than them so they can revolutionize the genre.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I don't only like DMC 3 over DMC 1 I like DMC2 & DMC4 over DMC 1 as well.
The first shooting game isn't the best shooting game, the first fighting game isn't the best fighting game, nor is the first racing game the best racing game. They're just great for being first not the best so that other games can precede them and be better than them so they can revolutionize the genre.

geez will stop whining and complaining about a game made about 10 years ago ?

look at good aspects which DMC3/4 entirely lacks !

DMC 1 feels more like complete adventure whereas DMC3/4 just feels like half-assed story with a cheesy settings..
DMC 4 doesn't even have the dark atmosphere anymore.. and characters look terribly like something from soap opera !

I can understand that you might have trouble playing games with limited camera angels

but geez don't make an issue out of it i don't find anything terrible there and i can safely say the same for many of ppl here...

tch....

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
geez will stop whining and complaining about a game made about 10 years ago ?

look at good aspects which DMC3/4 entirely lacks !

DMC 1 feels more like complete adventure whereas DMC3/4 just feels like half-assed story with a cheesy settings..
DMC 4 doesn't even have the dark atmosphere anymore.. and characters look terribly like something from soap opera !

I can understand that you might have trouble playing games with limited camera angels

but geez don't make an issue out of it i don't find anything terrible there and i can safely say the same for many of ppl here...

tch....

Half-ass...half-ass....half-ass story and cheesy.

Don't get me with half-ass story on DMC(1) its like Kamiya's team didn't even try.

The story did had its pretty retarded moments when Dante left the Sword of Sparda......and the perfect amulet....next to Trish's supposed corpse......in its awakened state....in the underworld.......yeah Dante the most powerful sword in existence and your father's keepsake and your mother's prized possession that she passed it down to you and your brother and with the 2 of them you can open or close a portal to the demon world and you thought it was a bright idea to leave it in the underworld next to the dead body of a chick who tried to kill you and worked for the guy who killed your mother and corrupted your brother and even if she did look like your mother for the rather obvious reasons and risked her life to save yours she still isn't worth leaving the most powerful Devil Arm and the amulet in the underworld. That was the most dumbest thing I've ever saw EVER.....
25475067.jpg

It made Dante look like a true idiot.

Another story bullsh*t was Trish miraculously coming back to life to somehow save the day......that mean that she was never dead to begin with or some other BS. Unless if demons have another anatomy from humans it makes no sense. Maybe it was the amulet or Sparda....I don't know it was never explained.

Or the somehow this randomly placed modern airplane (for DMC's timeline) still works....then again why is a plane in a castle or island that has been abandoned for centuries maybe even millenniums and the plane was more advance and modern than the other stuff shown in the castle or the island?

Wow this game has a pretty sh*t story too....no offense I liked the game but its story wasn't just like how the other DMC games were.....it was very bad not because it was boring at times or not that interesting but it was riddled with bullsh*t and bad writing.

But I guess Kamiya wrote it and he wrote Bayonetta and Resident Evil 4.....so it all makes sense.

So don't get me started on half-ass it was more half-ass than the other DMCs.

Yeah soap opera....

Lets not forget the long lost evil(or corrupted) twin brother storyline (yeah cause soap operas are missing those) or "I can't kill this chick she looks my mother".

I also don't know how a setting can be cheesy but DMC over the years have maintained its gothic setting and at times kept a dark atmosphere like being inside the mansion in DMC4.

Dude please be silence for your just trying to pass off your opinions as facts.

kryptoknight

This all corralates to what i think is going to happen in this game. me thinks Vergil is going to mold Dante into a hero. Vergil will then proceede to assume Dante's identity and go about attemting to take Sparda's power for himself. The Next game will then be most similer to Devil May Cry 3

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
This all correlates to what i think is going to happen in this game. me thinks Vergil is going to mold Dante into a hero. Vergil will then proceed to assume Dante's identity and go about attempting to take Sparda's power for himself. The Next game will then be most similar to Devil May Cry 3

TBH I think vergil needs to be the anti-hero/villain of this series it would be nice to see a brotherly conspiracy IMO and it would be nice if plot plays like that it just makes things more interesting

Half-ass...half-ass....half-ass story and cheesy.
Dude please be silence for your just trying to pass off your opinions as facts.

When speaking about idiots this comes to my mind >>
images
i don't really have to explain why dmc 4 was such a disaster (aside from the gameplay)

Whatever maybe your personal opinion on DMC 1

DMC 1 will remain a classic forever ..... its not an opinion its a FACT

and i digress from this conversation

Top Bottom