• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If capcom makes a DMC sequel, what do you think it'd be about ?

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul
It is a game made by different developer....

Reboot isn't a freaking genre it is also a game

and this ain't you-tube so no need to behave like that here.... or else you'll suffer the consequences :ermm:

PicardDoubleFacepalm-1.jpg

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Okay i'll make this quick

Hack'n'slash gameplay is supposed to be repetitive but in its core you can have TONS of fun in mixing combos,trying out harder difficulty,unlocking stuff that's what DMC is all about what more can you add ?

DmC seems to be 'one of those' graphical whore kinda game.. which is endeavoring more on graphics and hollywood cliche-style cut-scenes and gameplay which we've already seen in many games

so its freaking obvious that DmC is going to have the SAME gameplay of DMC 4 just a little bit tweaked/modified

tch.. just by rebooting the series does't change the fact that its the same great gameplay milked like hell

ppl should know by now REBOOTS aren't instant-fix

250px-Dmc3box.jpg

This was a reboot, and look how well it did.

Reboots can sometimes be instant-fixes, but it all depends on if it's done right.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'd say, don't.

They can't really capitalize on anything that isn't repetitive or has been done before. Bayonetta went and tossed DMC's combat formula out the window with it's dial a combo gameplay.
That's the rub, isnt it?

main issue with doing DMC5 is making its sure its unique and groundbreaking compared to the the other action games or even its reboot.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
This was a reboot, and look how well it did.

Reboots can sometimes be instant-fixes, but it all depends on if it's done right.

it was like a miracle.. it doesn't happen everytime

That's the rub, isnt it?

main issue with doing DMC5 is making its sure its unique and groundbreaking compared to the the other action games or even its reboot.
NAH ! DMC 5 just has to be as good as DMC3&1

Caiden

That's the rub, isnt it?

Not really. All I would want is basically DMC 4 but with more content. Some more combos with Nero and maybe make a way so that using his arm doesn't feel repetitive. Give Dante a bigger selection of weapons. Maybe more or as many as DMC 3. And then more unique missions and bosses. If Capcom made that I would be pretty happy.

DragonMaster2010

it was like a miracle.. it doesn't happen everytime

NAH ! DMC 5 just has to be as good as DMC3&1

No it needs to be better. If it's as good, then people will feel that DMC can never evolve. I mean that's what I would think.

DragonMaster2010

how can you perfect something which has been perfected ? that's preposterous !

That's one of the reasons I worry for this series. God forbid this series goes down the Street Fighter path where every new one is the same as the last but with small add ins.

788Masri

I'm just some guy who really like Devil May Cry
well compare DMC2 with DMC3 and I think you'll see my point.

true, DMC has gone through quite the transition since the first one....but that being said, my problem with three was mainly dante. he acted more or less like he did in three....which was sooo bad. plus playing the same levels twice. wtf was that about?

MegaMad9

The Mad Man
I Would like the story to really MOVE ON ! rather then going back and back digging the grave

the story should progress from DMC 2 into a more darker storyline
Well, if you want a darker, grittier storyline, the new DmC will suffice. The original DMC games were supposed to be over the top, with lots of overly animated character, almost similar to Borderlands. it can't really be dark while also having the same feel as DMC

DragonMaster2010

Well, if you want a darker, grittier storyline, the new DmC will suffice. The original DMC games were supposed to be over the top, with lots of overly animated character, almost similar to Borderlands. it can't really be dark while also having the same feel as DMC

Actually DMC1 was dark, and so was DMC2, at least they were trying to be. It's DMC3 and DMC4 that changed the dark story.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze

I can't take it seriously since the new Dante isn't really that 'serious' he's just kicking cameras and pretending that he's cool

DMC 1 was pretty gritty&dark.... -_- you're seriously comparing it with boderlands ?

and what do you mean by 'overly animated character' ?

Top Bottom