• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

If capcom makes a DMC sequel, what do you think it'd be about ?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
I'd say, don't.

They can't really capitalize on anything that isn't repetitive or has been done before. Bayonetta went and tossed DMC's combat formula out the window with it's dial a combo gameplay.

Isn't hack'n'slash gameplay supposed to be tad repetitive ?

All they need to do it make DMC5's scale a bit epic with large environments and great story with lots and lots of replay value all while staying true to the original Devil may cry in every way

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul
Isn't hack'n'slash gameplay supposed to be tad repetitive ?

All they need to do it make DMC5's scale a bit epic with large environments and great story with lots and lots of replay value all while staying true to the original Devil may cry in every way

**** no.

Aren't they doing that second bid with DmC? When I got my hands on it, it actually felt "new".

Dusk Stalker

" Everybody gets a bullet!" -Axton
how much more do we exactly need to know ? where he was born ? which school he graduated ?
I meant his deeds or how powerful he was, he was a lieutenant for Mundus couldn't hurt to see what he did during his time and how epic the battle was between him.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
**** no.

Aren't they doing that second bid with DmC? When I got my hands on it, it actually felt "new".

em.. no all they're doing is what microsoft did with their operating systems after xp just tweaking the hell out of DMC 3

I meant his deeds or how powerful he was, he was a lieutenant for Mundus couldn't hurt to see what he did during his time and how epic the battle was between him.

does it really matter ? he's dead anyway making a game for him would be waste they can mention him in flashbacks but no need for making a game for vergil

taking a step backwards for a dead character ?

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
http://gameideas.wikia.com/wiki/Devil_May_Cry_5:_The_Tale_Of_Sparda

Above is the link where my ideas for the sequel should be. Its time for the Legendary Dark Knight Sparda steal the DMC show! What says you?

No... more.... prequels...

tumblr_ma26k6IRtR1rtzlzf_zpsc1929330.gif

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul
em.. no all they're doing is what microsoft did with their operating systems after xp just tweaking the hell out of DMC 3

does it really matter ? he's dead anyway making a game for him would be waste they can mention him in flashbacks but no need for making a game for vergil

taking a step backwards for a dead character ?

That doesn't make sense. DMC 5 would still be the same **** over again.

Gorbashou

A continuation of what happened to DMC4 is what I would prefer. Seeing as DMC2 feels more like an ending, the same way the first Legend of Zelda games are the last ones in one of the storylines of LoZ.

I for one, really do not need any explanations for the story. I've got my mind set on what the story might be. Now what I do want is a Devil May Cry with a combat system that has the best out of every combat system, what made me love DMC4 was its extremely flexible combat.
I would want DMC5 to be very difficult in its higher difficulties, not like DMC4 where DMD felt like a normal mode.
I want epic bosses, like what DMC4 did, more interaction with the bosses and bosses to be more flexible with the combat system so it doesn't end up with just finding a routine. Less restricting bosses, that requires fast action and counterplay, kinda like Dante in DMC4 and to a lesser extent Angelo Credo.

I want the music to be the epic music I've had from previous DMC games.
Lastly, this is more of a wish, but a mode where you can fight bosses from all DMC games, the older ones to be revamped to fit the more flexible system.

Now, for how it would really be, I'd think Darkslayer got perfectly.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
So why does Donte want the same **** again?
It's everything you want DMC 5 to be

Okay i'll make this quick

Hack'n'slash gameplay is supposed to be repetitive but in its core you can have TONS of fun in mixing combos,trying out harder difficulty,unlocking stuff that's what DMC is all about what more can you add ?

DmC seems to be 'one of those' graphical whore kinda game.. which is endeavoring more on graphics and hollywood cliche-style cut-scenes and gameplay which we've already seen in many games

so its freaking obvious that DmC is going to have the SAME gameplay of DMC 4 just a little bit tweaked/modified

tch.. just by rebooting the series does't change the fact that its the same great gameplay milked like hell

ppl should know by now REBOOTS aren't instant-fix

Serial Killer Dante

Wielder of Dante's Soul
Okay i'll make this quick

Hack'n'slash gameplay is supposed to be repetitive but in its core you can have TONS of fun in mixing combos,trying out harder difficulty,unlocking stuff that's what DMC is all about what more can you add ?

DmC seems to be 'one of those' graphical whore kinda game.. which is endeavoring more on graphics and hollywood cliche-style cut-scenes and gameplay which we've already seen in many games

so its freaking obvious that DmC is going to have the SAME gameplay of DMC 4 just a little bit tweaked/modified

tch.. just by rebooting the series does't change the fact that its the same great gameplay milked like hell

ppl should know by now REBOOTS aren't instant-fix

You didn't make anything quick. But this will be swift.

Reboots by the same people aren't instant fix. But Reboots with a collaboration as it's head are.

Boo yah.

Top Bottom