• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

"I need more power"

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
vergil lost to dante in dmc3 final mission. why do you think he left force edge and challenged mundus? pride,i guess. he was really shook up at the end cutscene:

'am i... being defeaten?'

seeing death of those around him,he felt life as worthless and decided to CONTROL EVERYTHING one day. he might have admired his father due to his grand achievements. as being his son,he might have wanted to finish where his father left off,in his family name. vergil did not show a lot of feelings but was far from having none. he did have a personality else he wouldn't have all those meaningful dialogs.

Well i think he was pursuing power in desperation and the "Pride" of his lineage and life but in the end when he dante asks him what is the real purpose of vergil pursuing power he himself is confused and yells at dante that he's wasting time but internally he realized what all he was doing had no purpose at all and so he just jumped off rather then just going with dante because he's too stubborn and prideful to do that
if he was really evil he could have easily dragged dante with him in the underworld

Devil Hunter John Joko

Well i think he was pursuing power in desperation and the "Pride" of his lineage and life but in the end when he dante asks him what is the real purpose of vergil pursuing power he himself is confused and yells at dante that he's wasting time but internally he realized what all he was doing had no purpose at all and so he just jumped off rather then just going with dante because he's too stubborn and prideful to do that
if he was really evil he could have easily dragged dante with him in the underworld
That's why i think that he wasn't as bad as he wanted to look like.....

RemorsefulVergil

Vergil hated demons as much as dante did but he worked with them because he wanted his father's power more than anything but for what reason im not sure... But if i had to guess i think he would obviously wanted to kill mundus as he was involved with his mothers death. I believe vergil's motives where of his own interest and wer'ent evil or for dominant power, it was just how he gone by things that made him have that cold persona.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Vergil hated demons as much as dante did but he worked with them because he wanted his father's power more than anything but for what reason im not sure... But if i had to guess i think he would obviously wanted to kill mundus as he was involved with his mothers death. I believe vergil's motives where of his own interest and wer'ent evil or for dominant power, it was just how he gone by things that made him have that cold persona.

No i don't think so if that was the case then he wouldn't be lacking empathy he's cold and he has forsaken his past he only pursues power for no valid reason

Top Bottom