• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How would like vergil to look in DmC(if he's in it :D)

mrrandomlulz

Monsuuuta moonssuta mo mo mo mo monsuuta
Agreed, giving Vergil a gun basically butchers his entire character. He didn't dislike guns because of a code, he disliked guns because he thought they were cheap. To him, using guns was the equivalent of picking Naruto in MUGEN. No matter what Naruto you pick, it is always going to be cheap as hell. He found using guns to be a dishonorable technique of picking on your opponent.

Sawyer1331

Son Of Sparda Is Back
i hope too that Vergil doesn't use guns in DmC , it was one of the cool things about Vergil in the original series

Nelo_Vergil

Agreed, giving Vergil a gun basically butchers his entire character. He didn't dislike guns because of a code, he disliked guns because he thought they were cheap. To him, using guns was the equivalent of picking Naruto in MUGEN. No matter what Naruto you pick, it is always going to be cheap as hell. He found using guns to be a dishonorable technique of picking on your opponent.

because impaling people with blue swords that probably ca't be blocked isn't a better picking on technique :troll:

Zilla

The inFAAMous
The only way I'll be having Vergil using a gun is if it shoots backwards. Maybe that way his opponents will stand a chance.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Dante is stylish but Vergil is elegant, his weapon of choise should be, too.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
1. actual samurai had nothing against guns and used them as soon as they were available. Vergil's dislike of guns is not a samurai trait it is Vergil's own personal preference (and it is not really a code he was perfectly comfortable using one of Dante's guns he just prefers not to).
I think he just used guns here because he decided to "Try it Dante's way for once." I guess I'm getting this code of not using guns from that movie "The Last Samurai" Where they refused to use guns.

2. DmC is supposed to have more western themes so there would be no reason for them to make Vergil follow an overly idealized 90% fictional version of Bushido. Unless they plan on turning Vergil into the type of hero that refuses to kill anyone there is no reason to not give DmC Vergil a gun other than the fact that DMC Vergil prefers swords.

You can kill without guns. I assmued that this Vergil just hated guns because they were tools humans made to kill other humans and he found it barbaric and stupid. You know, like a sophisticated guy or something.

Top Bottom