• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Old Is Dante??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
True. And enemies in DMC4 do seem to correspond to these characteristics:
1) Fire: Berial, Basilisks
2) Air: Angelos
3) Water: Cutlasses
4) Ice: Bael/Dagon, Frosts
5) Earth: Assaults

Yeah but Angelos and Cutlasses are "artificial" demons, created thanks to Agnus's research. So they don't come directly from Hell. I think that Mephistos should be linked to air, while water... I don't know.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
True. And enemies in DMC4 do seem to correspond to these characteristics:
1) Fire: Berial, Basilisks
2) Air: Angelos
3) Water: Cutlasses
4) Ice: Bael/Dagon, Frosts
5) Earth: Assaults

Also true.

We could assume then that Hell is divided up of these different types of demons, but yet perhaps all Demon Generals of their respectful realms still obey Mundus because he is the ruler of the Underworld.

And Mundus possessed the power to control air, fire and earth. And maybe other elements also that we didn't see.

@Foxtrot94: Yes but although Agnus did create these demons from the research that the Order had been conducting, doesn't necessarily determine how each demon created is going to use their abilities. The demonic essence/power used granted those demons with those abilities.

tehrugger

Banned
I think Dante was in his late teens or early 20s in DMC 3.

I believe Dante was 28 in DMC 1 since Trish said he lost a mother and brother to evil 20 years ago, and it was mentioned somewhere that Dante was 8 when his mother was killed.

In DMC 4 I think he's in his early/mid 30s.

In DMC 2, early/mid 40s.

I often wonder if Dante will continue aging like a normal human and die, or if he'll stop aging once he reaches a certain age and become immortal, like Wolverine. I hope it's the latter.

alis grave nil

Read somewhere he was 29 in dmc 1 and dmc4 is like ten years after.gues he's like fourty...or in real time in his 40's.lookin' good, pops :)

Old as thread...I'm gonna stop raising the dead now...

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
Read somewhere he was 29 in dmc 1 and dmc4 is like ten years after.gues he's like fourty...or in real time in his 40's.lookin' good, pops :)

Old as thread...I'm gonna stop raising the dead now...
Can't... resist... the urge... FORGIVE MEH.

But yeah,

- Dante is 19 in DMC3 (this has always been known, to find a source would be a huge hassle).
- He is 28 in DMC1 (Trish says he lost a brother and parents twenty years ago -- he was eight at the time).
- unknown in DMC2
- and about 30 in DMC4 (since Capcom said he was about ten years older than in DMC3).
The reboot is not part of the original timeline or universe - that's why it's called a reboot.
By the way, the chronological order of the DMC games is: 3, 1, 4, 2.

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
It might have already been addressed, but there's one thing I don't get.

Sparda was banished/killed/etc "two millennia ago" or whatever. So where are people getting that Dante is 19-30+ in the games? Wouldn't he pretty much have to be ~2000 years old?

I mean, I'd think he would've been born before or shortly after Sparda's disappearance. Otherwise Eva was pregnant for a damn long time.

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
sparda rebelled two millenia ago and then stayed on the human world for 2 millenia and was in fortuna and dummary island it doesn't say anywhere he died 2k years ago

Axon49

Frequency 141.80
sparda rebelled two millenia ago and then stayed on the human world for 2 millenia and was in fortuna and dummary island it doesn't say anywhere he died 2k years ago

Huh, well never mind then. :dead:

Guess I always just heard "two millennia ago" and then thought the entire Sparda story happened 2000 years ago.

dat sig gif, btw :inlove:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Bigboss is a lethal b××tard i think tpp will prove that solid beating him with rockets in mg1 and a flamethrower in mg2 was simply script and in there primes bb would whoop his ass cruel bad

now back to the topic i think dante is 30 in dmc4 but considering his regeneration and healing factor.he probably doesn't age like wolverine so he could literally be any age i guess

Lord Nero

Ultraviolet Sentinel
It might have already been addressed, but there's one thing I don't get.

Sparda was banished/killed/etc "two millennia ago" or whatever. So where are people getting that Dante is 19-30+ in the games? Wouldn't he pretty much have to be ~2000 years old?

I mean, I'd think he would've been born before or shortly after Sparda's disappearance. Otherwise Eva was pregnant for a damn long time.
I'm sorry to have raised this thread from the dead, but I need to answer the question, otherwise the thread's useless.

Sparda ruled the human world for a long-ass time, and he only met Eva in the 20th century (who knows what he did as earl/mayor/whatever of Fortuna city).
But anyway, he might've simply died of natural causes, or he was killed shortly before Eva was, so... around Dante and Vergil's eighth birthday, in the 20th century.

For the other info, see my last post. Please don't reply: the thread should be locked now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom