• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Old Is Dante??

Status
Not open for further replies.

sheepydee

Nothing
I always wondered.. how old is he? i dont recall any ingame refrences.. but i must say he doesnt look like he's over 30.. i would of said maybe 28/29 , does anyone actually know?

Im just curious :p

Zato-OW

King
I doubt it. Once they introduced Nero into the game I'm sure they will slow the time line down. Nero is the new young guy and as much as I hate it he will be the new face for DMC series. When Dante was introduced into DMC he was 28 and everything was already set into place without a back story until DMC3 so there's not much they can do there but either make a prequel(which they did or let him get older, which they did in DMC2.). Since Nero is introduced into the game as a young guy and as a main character, they can explore with him more so DMC doesn't have to take 10 year leaps back and forth because of plot issues.

Dante's Stalker

"Outrun this!"
Premium
Supporter 2014
I thought Dante was early thirties, but I try go on how old Nero is. He looks about 19 or 20, right? If he's Vergil's son (I have my doubts and will not be impressed if capcom dishes that out as explanation for Nero's connection to Sparda) then Vergil would have been pretty darn young when he got naughty. Like...12 or 13 or something, to be Nero's dad. Am I the only one who sees the flaw here? Or am I off the marker? Unless Dante is actually 40 in DMC4 and just looks REAL good for his age. That would be more fitting, in my opinion. It will make me keep my respect for Vergil. Since Dante is supposed to be the wild and reckless one.

Quentarus

Message me for steam details
darth_angelo45;186868 said:
I hope he is older in the next sequel. Like in his 40's.
the next sequel would be in between 4 and 2
sense the order is 3,1,4,2 and more in likely it is going to be about the connection between Virgil and Nero
but yea thats a thought

Darth Angelo

Tuck-yet-chi-say-denie trieve trick-dis-nie
clairavance;187821 said:
Unless Dante is actually 40 in DMC4 and just looks REAL good for his age.

Well I guess half bloods don't age as quickly as humans. So I don't see how he couldn't be 40 odd. Like he is born, becomes a man in his prime and instead of starting to go downhill around 40 his body just stays up there, in his prime.

leapyear29

no one really knows, we can't really tell by their hair since they both have white hair from their demonic powers and we can't tell if their powers have an affect on their aging. What we can sort of guess is Dante is from 30 to 40..

sdf

You all forgetting something VERY important.
Their father Sparda died 2000 years ago, so that means that the real age of Dante and Vergil must be some were there, cause their mother was Human/ Mortal.
So Nero could be Vergil's Son very easy.

Sparda™

sdf;195497 said:
You all forgetting something VERY important.
Their father Sparda died 2000 years ago, so that means that the real age of Dante and Vergil must be some were there, cause their mother was Human/ Mortal.
So Nero could be Vergil's Son very easy.

Sparda didn't die 2000 years ago. He defeated Mundus and sealed the Hell Gate 2000 years ago.

And no, Nero's not Vergil's son. Not even for a joke.

This thread's also old.

sdf

Sparda™;195503 said:
Sparda didn't die 2000 years ago. He defeated Mundus and sealed the Hell Gate 2000 years ago.
Well the story says that he sacrificed he's self to stay in hell when he closed the gates, and the impression thats left (that i believe that most have) is that he died that day.
Doesnt matter though cause even if he didnt died that day.... what?
He returned to earth after 1970years and mate with Dantes mother? You dont see that something doesnt feat well?

Sparda™;195503 said:
And no, Nero's not Vergil's son. Not even for a joke.

I just said that according to Vergil's age it is possible

Sparda™;195503 said:
This thread's also old.
so? and?

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
No. He sealed the demon world 2000 years ago, yes. He didn't die right then and there, though. His power was sealed, and he took a human form. It says in DMC 1's intro, quoted word for word: "later, he quietly reigned the human world, and continued to preserve harmony, until his death." This states that Sparda did NOT die when he sealed the demonic realm. He didn't sacrifice himself. He sacrificed a priestess and his own power. Nothing else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom