• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How Old Is Dante??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparda™

sdf;195513 said:
Well the story says that he sacrificed he's self to stay in hell when he closed the gates, and the impression thats left (that i believe that most have) is that he died that day.
Doesnt matter though cause even if he didnt died that day.... what?
He returned to earth after 1970years and mate with Dantes mother? You dont see that something doesnt feat well?

Sparda sealed his powers into his beloved sword, the Force Edge 2000 years ago and spent those 2000 years in the Human World until the 20th century when he met Eva.

This is NOT an arguable point, but a canon fact.

sdf;195513 said:
I just said that according to Vergil's age it is possible

Oh really?!

Nero's 10 years younger than Dante. Vergil and Dante are twins. That would mean Vergil was 10 when he fathered Nero.

sdf;195513 said:

So, bumping old threads is not allowed. I know I'm not a mod, but someone needs to remind the rules around here.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
Why does everything have to resort back to Nero being Vergil's son. The whole subject of that is ruining my christmas... (like when it was originally posted it ruined my birthday! And put me in a right foul mood... something i don't get over quickly...)

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
For those that can't quite seem to still yet wrap their heads around it... Dante's in his early 30s, word of god by developers and from Rubeon "Dante" Langdon himself.

Now let a dead thread stay dead...

Zato-OW

King
Some people just need to use their brains. If Dante is in his late 20's to early 30's in DMC4 which is 10 years or so after DMC3. This tells you what? Calculate when Sparda may have died. Meaning Sparda died 2000 years after saving the human from Mundus.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
I was talking about Sparda, but not when he died. I always heard that Sparda died/disappeared when the twins were babies.

Railazel

I'd say that he's 2000+ years old. Why? Because the game never said an age, no one said when he was actually born, so I'm going on a complete and somewhat logical (considering the franchise) guess.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
Highly illogical, considering all material in written, visual, and behind the scenes form say otherwise. Rubeon himself remarked he almost didn't get Dante again and had to completely re-audition because the developers were worried he wouldn't sound like a man in his early 30s, since he specifically made Dante in DMC3 sound like a man in his late teens.

Dante and Vergil are not 2k plus years old, they are in their 30s. Again, word of friggin' god.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;195665 said:
Dante is 29 in DMC4, as the game is held 20 years after DMC3, when Dante was just 19.

That would make Dante 49. You have to remember they never gave Dante an exact age. They said that DMC4 was around 10 years or so after DMC3 this means Dante age still isn't exactly set. This is why I say he is either 28-32. Which if we we are going by the Novel then he would be about 32. Sanctus claimed he met Vergil when he was about 16-17 years of age. 1 year later Nero shows up and Sanctus accuses Vergil of being the father. Then 16-17 years past and Nero is around the age of accused Vergil. This would make Dante at about 32. But then again that is just Sanctus assuming.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;195669 said:
That would make Dante 49. You have to remember they never gave Dante an exact age. They said that DMC4 was around 10 years or so after DMC3 this means Dante age still isn't exactly set. This is why I say he is either 28-32. Which if we we are going by the Novel then he would be about 32. Sanctus claimed he met Vergil when he was about 16-17 years of age. 1 year later Nero shows up and Sanctus accuses Vergil of being the father. Then 16-17 years past and Nero is around the age of accused Vergil. This would make Dante at about 32. But then again that is just Sanctus assuming.

Was a typo. I edited my previous post. I meant 10 years after DMC3. Dante is 29 in DMC4, but the Novel has assumptions, so I wouldn't count much on It.

There's a confirmed age of Dante in DMC3, being 19, however.

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;195674 said:
Was a typo. I edited my previous post. I meant 10 years after DMC3. Dante is 29 in DMC4, but the Novel has assumptions, so I wouldn't count much on It.

There's a confirmed age of Dante in DMC3, being 19, however.

In DMC3 they only said Dante was in his late teens. He could be 18 or 19. This is why I range his age from 28-32**.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;195676 said:
In DMC3 they only said Dante was in his late teens. He could be 18 or 19. This is why I range his age from 28-32**.

I'm pretty sure his correct age was mentioned.

The difference between the time at the DMC3 manga and the DMC3 game was one year.

I'd say 28-29 in DMC4.

It's all relative **** anyways.

xXMax)OverrideXx

If you read the comic books and the novels... Dante is more like 122 years old... His mother died 100 years before the beginning of DMC3

Sparda™

xXMax)OverrideXx;198430 said:
If you read the comic books and the novels... Dante is more like 122 years old... His mother died 100 years before the beginning of DMC3

His mother died 10 years before the beginning of DMC3.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Yeah... PS3 Magazines and the like (I don't have a PS3 but if a magazine has got something about DMC in it, I'll buy it).
New console, New hero. Appearently, it was the reason why Nero was brought into the game. (Then again... i wouldn't worry much about it... as we all know Capcom don't stick to anything.)
Class it as speculation. Plus the fans of the series would go friggin' mental.

Dante Redgrave

Son of Sparda
xXMax)OverrideXx;198430 said:

No she didn't, DMC1 specified that she was murdered twenty years prior, which, as Sparda noted, makes it ten years before DMC3. I really wann'a know where people keep trying to pull this idea of "Dante is ancient!" from, because the games have said otherwise.

As to the "no Dante in DMC5", I've heard the same rumors, and that apparently those words came from Kobiyashi himself. I wouldn't be surprised, honestly, and the backlash that would ensue would NOT be pretty. I love Nero as a character, but...he cannot support the Stardom on his own, not yet. Dante would be leaving MASSIVE coat-tails to fill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom