• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

How can this combat system be expanded?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
So, there is a mod for adding Doppleganger Style:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/5430997/1/

They could bring it back and maybe re-implement that coop mechanic from DMC3 but improved, maybe with split screen where half of the screen follows the Doppler and the other half follows Dante. Also, you could press the Style button once to summon the Doppler and then use the Style button and with directions to perform specific Doppleganger moves, to do in tandem with the Doppler.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
The only Style that I ever see get neglected is Gunslinger, specifically some of Pandora's alternate forms or Coyote's backshot.
Then why even say "every single move," if it's not every single move??

If almost an entire style is left out, then that really doesn't qualify as such.

Back onto the ignore list you go.

Last edited:

Veloran

So, there is a mod for adding Doppleganger Style:

http://s1.zetaboards.com/InfernalWorks/topic/5430997/1/

They could bring it back and maybe re-implement that coop mechanic from DMC3 but improved, maybe with split screen where half of the screen follows the Doppler and the other half follows Dante. Also, you could press the Style button once to summon the Doppler and then use the Style button and with directions to perform specific Doppleganger moves, to do in tandem with the Doppler.
You didn't know about the Doppelganger mod? It's been out for a pretty long while.

Veloran

Then why even say "every single move," if it's not every single move??

Back onto the ignore list you go.
KJmH3xn.jpg

So, I haven't been here long, is this guy just like the resident dick?

Seriously though, I'm only talking about the majority of higher level style videos. Every single one can't include every single ability, but many get pretty damn close. On the whole, the style scene HAS made use of everything, but obviously players will develop preferences for their preferred type of gameplay.

Meg

KJmH3xn.jpg

So, I haven't been here long, is this guy just like the resident dick?

Seriously though, I'm only talking about the majority of higher level style videos. Every single one can't include every single ability, but many get pretty damn close. On the whole, the style scene HAS made use of everything, but obviously players will develop preferences for their preferred type of gameplay.
You may not of been here long, but by signing up you agree to our Rules:

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/rules-and-whatnot.3211/

Which clearly states that you can't insult others. Don't like someone? Put them on your ignore list. They act out of line? Report them.

Veloran

You may not of been here long, but by signing up you agree to our Rules:

http://devilmaycry.org/threads/rules-and-whatnot.3211/

Which clearly states that you can't insult others. Don't like someone? Put them on your ignore list. They act out of line? Report them.
You're absolutely right. I'll refrain from such insults in the future.

Though, the rules also state that people shouldn't behave like self-absorbed idiots. And unless I'm wrong, someone coming into a thread, posting something inflammatory, and responding to my first ever reply towards him with "Back on the ignore list you go" are actions that are indicative of someone that may or may not be self-absorbed in some manner or another.

Meg

You're absolutely right. I'll refrain from such insults in the future.

Though, the rules also state that people shouldn't behave like self-absorbed idiots. And unless I'm wrong, someone coming into a thread, posting something inflammatory, and responding to my first ever reply towards him with "Back on the ignore list you go" are actions that are indicative of someone that may or may not be self-absorbed in some manner or another.
Annnnnd if you found it that inflammatory, you could of reported it. Which is my point.

Carry on, people.

scionicspectre

If you could free just one button on the controller, what would you use it for? Let's say the entire system was remapped to allow free use of one extra face button. What would you think is the best use of that button?

Viper

Premium
If you could free just one button on the controller, what would you use it for? Let's say the entire system was remapped to allow free use of one extra face button. What would you think is the best use of that button?
Upon pressing that button, Dante takes out a can of beer out of his pocket, pops it open, takes a swig and belches at the enemy.

Joke aside, from my standpoint everything has been covered. Maybe add the special move of quicksilver style?

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
I wonder if those would be well-received. It's cool to watch coup de grace mechanics, but it's a very...God of War-esque thing, and people usually say that they like that in DMC games they get to make the finishers.

I s'pose it's kind of like Nero's Buster moves, I like those. If anything it'd work more with Nero and Dante in DmC because of Ophion.

Goldsickle

I never liked the idea of Mortal Kombat style "finishers" where the enemy is dazed or "prepped for awesome kill".

I prefer the idea where the enemy gets an awesome death if you used a powerful attack as the finishing blow to deplete the rest of their health.

The only game I know from the top of my head that does this is Capcom's Warzard/Red Earth.

If the finishing blow is a special attack, then the enemy gets a gruesome death (depending on enemy and character).

It's something done in the middle of combat, rather than a scripted special segment or post-combat ritual.
To me, it's just more satisfying that way.

In a way, it's implemented in the DMC series, like how a Scarecrow in DMC4 would deflate if the finishing blow is a random weak slash or gunfire.
But if it's a signature move like Stinger, Streak or Charged Shot 3, then the Scarecrow is blown to pieces.

Same thing with the enemies of DMC3.
The Hells die based on what attack is used to deplete the last of their health.
It's actually something to watch out for when fighting Arachnes, because if you use a powerful attack as the finishing blow, then they'll be bisected and leave behind little spider babies that will ruin your "No Damage" run.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
They were fun in DmC, for sure.

Here's something - what do people think about removing the forced walking when holding the Lock-on key? I have never seen a legit purpose for it other than as a holdover from the RE days...

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
They were fun in DmC, for sure.

Here's something - what do people think about removing the forced walking when holding the Lock-on key? I have never seen a legit purpose for it other than as a holdover from the RE days...
most likely part of hard lock-on system. Personally I see it kinda useful in combat, because compared to games like NG you remove risk to skip past enemy due to a high speed movement

Goldsickle

Both the forced walking and the need to hold down the button to maintain lock-on should be removable via options.

Top Bottom