• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hideki Kamiya want's to make a game in which Dante and Bayonetta meet

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
"Ah-ha, time to go to work guys!" (talking to his PISTOLS)

Yeah.

"Whooooa, slow down babe!"

"
- Ten minutes.
- Haha! More than enough.
"

Double yeah.
That is very different from surfing on a demon's body, and shooting a bunch of billiard balls with one bullet.
And I agree with Berto
DMC1 Dante is VERY different from the others in that he took his job a bit more seriously, and his one liners were corny, but not as arrogant as DMC3 and DMC4's.

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
True.

Confidence and arrogance are two different things, when you get right down to it.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That is very different from surfing on a demon's body, and shooting a bunch of billiard balls with one bullet.

I dunno, juggling a motorbike with bullets while cracking a joke about how his pistols are better than a sword, is pretty much along those lines. A physically impossible feat accompanied by a joke.

Also, DMC1 Dante wasn't on a "job", he was taking on a very personal matter. You can tell it's a different context.

Goldsickle

I always thought that Dante being cocky in DMC3 is because he was younger.

He also has no sense of duty, since he only took Vergil's "invitation" simply because he can.
Along the way, observing Lady made him think about family matters and responsibility, gradually strengthening his sense of duty.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I dunno, juggling a motorbike with bullets while cracking a joke about how his pistols are better than a sword, is pretty much along those lines. A physically impossible feat accompanied by a joke.
Yes, but again; if you were to picture DMC3 or DMC4 in that situation, do you think they'd just make a joke and shoot the motorcycle, or make a joke, shoot the motorcycle, then jump onto it mid flying to shoot at Trish, all while Trish does the same in a super slow motion shot? Because that's what I mean when I say the difference between DMC1 and DMC3/4 Dante.

True, but he took it with a more serious manner then he did when it came to stopping his brother in DMC3.

berto

I Saw the Devil
"Ah-ha, time to go to work guys!" (talking to his PISTOLS)

Yeah.

"Whooooa, slow down babe!"

"
- Ten minutes.
- Haha! More than enough.
"

Double yeah.

No berto, I'm not convinced, I'm sorry. It's pretty clear to me that in both beginning and ending, he was indeed playing around. I think, no offense, you have a more idealized vision of him cause you're so fondly attached to the game.

Yeah right.
Yeah, that is right.
Yeeeeeah... whatever you say.
Pretty much.
Hey as long as it makes you sleep at night. After all, believing the guardian angel protected them from monsters did help children to feel better at night too, so...
That's nice.
:woot: :D :laugh::laugh::laugh::rolleyes:

Can we agree to disagree then? We're on an endless loop here but there is no harm in just leaving it at that so lets and move along with it.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Yes, but again; if you were to picture DMC3 or DMC4 in that situation, do you think they'd just make a joke and shoot the motorcycle, or make a joke, shoot the motorcycle, then jump onto it mid flying to shoot at Trish, all while Trish does the same in a super slow motion shot? Because that's what I mean when I say the difference between DMC1 and DMC3/4 Dante.

True, but he took it with a more serious manner then he did when it came to stopping his brother in DMC3.

Oh yeah DMC3 and 4 Dante would probably have done crazier **** but I also think they didn't make the scene like that because they didn't have the means to do it, rather than because the character himself wouldn't have done it.

INITIALLY, yes, he didn't take Vergil seriously. Paid for it, and he gradually did take him more seriously every time they faced. Second time wanted payback and did not underestimate him like the first time, and third time he was actually determined to put him down no matter the cost (and no matter how much he didn't want that price to be paid).

@berto
Whoops saw your post too late. But you're right, this is really going of topic. LOL

berto

I Saw the Devil
8Ttu18n.gif

This is a fun thread....

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
8Ttu18n.gif

This is a fun thread....

Depends on your definition of what's fun. George Carlin did define war fun too. And although it was in one of his spectacles, I wouldn't exclude the possibility that he meant it. LOLOLOLOLOL

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Well it looks like if this actually is an attempt to draw more people into Bayonetta, it has good chances to succeed. I'm willing to bet even the harshest Kamiya hater would buy a game where Bayonetta meets the awesomeness of Dante.

He also has been kissing Capcom's posterior for a while now, so maybe @Gel could be right.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
He also has been kissing Capcom's posterior for a while now, so maybe @Gel could be right.
Only now you get that, lovey? Per of course it is: he retweets anyone who praises ANY of his works in Capcom, time to time he he uses these kind of baits to get attention, he loves how people kissing his feet praising as their god and savior, while calling insects and vermin to everybody else. This is a very nasty kind of person.
To be fair DMC gains nothing in be associated with Bayo, but Bayo could gain something with being associated with DMC( I don't believe on this anyway, since they already tried her with other characters and did not worked.)
Kamiya had a very troubled past with Capcom and caused them a lot of worries( of course Capcom is not innocent of this).This guy is only ridding in his fanbase's back to get money and praise.
...and maybe Platinum is not in good sheets at this point... who knows...

Erian1Mortal

Premium
If a crossover happened (which is highly unlikely in my opinion), then it would probably DMC4 Dante that crosses over. Is what I wanted to say at first... then I thought about how many crossover appearances Dante had.

Thinking about it 1 Dante had the most Crossover appearances I think. He was in Project X Zone 1 & 2, Viewtiful Joe (dunno how many games but Nelo had an appearance there aswell I think), he was in Monster Hunter (kinda) and he was in Sengoku Basara, well his outfit was.

DMC3 Dante was in Marvel vs Capcom 3. DMC2 Dante was in Shin Megami Tensei Nocturne. DMC4 never had Crossover appearances as far as I know.
So I think it would be, if it was to happen, DMC1 Dante.

Gameplaywise I think Dante doesn't fit Bayonetta, so unless they change systems around for him it wouldn't feel like playing him at all but that's my opinion.

In the end it wouldn't matter to me, as it has me neither hyped nor enraged or something. P* is competent in the action genre, even if most of their games only last one or 2 playthroughs for me (for various reasons actually but that's another topic).

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.

Me i'm not being negative about it, i'm giving an honest opinion.

IF it was a Bayonetta 3 & Dante was a playable guest character then that would lead to the thought of Bayonetta isn't good enough to stand on her own & needs support from DevilMayCry to push copies & increase sales.
It come also be seen as Hideki Kamiya has little faith in Bayonetta herself, a Bayonetta 3 & little faith in it standing on its own merits as a good game, & little faith in platinum & needs Capcom support.

I mean really how could Hideki Kamiya say a Bayonetta 3 or Bayonetta/Dante crossover was good when Dante is a large part of the reason why a large part of the audience buys it.

Hey if that works then that works.
If Capcom/Dante is needed to push Bayonetta then do whatever is necessary, i just stop spinning it like you care about what the audience wants & admit it's all about making sales & getting their money.
I see your point but you are also just assuming that's what Kamiya is doing, I mean maybe the guy just really loves Dante the way fans do like me who would like to see Dante in everything, he did create the guy. Or maybe it's the only way he thinks that Bayo3 will sell I don't know, did Bayo2 sell that badly that we can assume that Kamiya tweeted this just to get Dante in Bayo3 just to increase sales?

Top Bottom