• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hideki Kamiya want's to make a game in which Dante and Bayonetta meet

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm open to it as it would have some novelty.

I don't really care if it's canon but the AU angle works. One world two timelines and make the process to connect them hard to pull off more than once.

It's not something you could do at the drop of a hat.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
I can dig it, but at the same time both are just so different. One's stylish B-movie action, while the other is extreme stylish anime action.
Devil May Cry=
tumblr_narq8lKwG31tg5vmao7_500.gif

Bayonetta=
tumblr_n4jnl33tU71slj78to5_r1_500.gif

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Why are people being so negative about this news, I would welcome Dante being in any franchise as a guest or playable character. Especially Bayonetta which would be perfectly suited for Dante's combat style, being able to fight along side Bayonetta in Bayo3 would be amazing and I don't see why anyone would be against it.

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Why are people being so negative about this news, I would welcome Dante being in any franchise as a guest or playable character. Especially Bayonetta which would be perfectly suited for Dante's combat style, being able to fight along side Bayonetta in Bayo3 would be amazing and I don't see why anyone would be against it.

Except Dante's the type to use motorcycles as nunchucks.

Bayonetta uses an entire building as nunchucks.

subtle differences.

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
Except Dante's the type to use motorcycles as nunchucks.

Bayonetta uses an entire building as nunchucks.

subtle differences.
Is the reasoning behind not wanting Dante in a Bayonetta game really about their strength differences? Because then many collaborations like Marvel vs. Capcom or Mortal Kombat vs. DC or J-Stars Victory VS would never or should never happen. Or were you just joking?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DMC1 and SMT Dante would be so ashamed.

Please. As if DMC1 Dante was not campy as well. Cheesy one liners were there too and against Mundus, to name perhaps the most cheesy moment of the game, besides "DARK SOUL WITH LIIIIIIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!", the only thing that prevents it to reach Power Rangers level of cheesiness is him not screaming "Son of Sparda, Dragon Form!" out loud.

It seems many fans don't realize that the only reason why DMC1 Dante was slightly more serious (adjective that DMC3/4 haters apparently like to exaggerate in order to back up their hate) is that he was going through the mission of avenging his mother, and mistake that behavior and the serious moments for his real "everyday" attitude, when it's not the case. You can clearly see how much of a goofball he is in his attitude when that matter is not on his mind, namely the beginning, meeting Trish, and the ending.

With the exception of DMC2, the other games did depict him as a goofball who however gets more serious when he feels he has to, although not as much as DMC1, as his mission there was the gravest he's ever had in his mind.

When it comes to DMC4, he was serious when he was beating the Order's ass. He was serious when he was talking to Nero about Yamato. He was serious when hearing Credo's last request. He was serious when he finished Agnus off. He was serious and genuinely worried when calling out for Nero inside the Savior. He was serious when he gave Yamato to Nero.

DMC1 Dante would give DMC4 Dante a Roman handshake while going to the nearest restaurant.

As for why the poll sees DMC4 Dante in pole position, yes, the image of him in DMC4 was popular among fans because of his interactions and banters with Nero, which were fun to watch, thus earning him the "Uncle Dante" title, but it's also because his DMC4 self is more suited for Bayonetta's style. I mean, when you see Dante/Bayonetta fan arts or renders, who do you see with her the vast majority of the times? DMC4 Dante. So I'm really not surprised that he's in first place. I am surprised that people are, in fact.

And yes, you know there's also that percentage of people who absolutely want Bayonetta and Dante to meet just to have wild sex, and I guess DMC4 Dante is more... suited to the job, with his robust physique. Can't believe I said that.

berto

I Saw the Devil
You can clearly see how much of a goofball he is in his attitude when that matter is not on his mind, namely the beginning, meeting Trish, and the ending.
I am in almost complete and utter disagreement with just about everything you said just with very few exceptions but this statement is the only one I have to take up.

Dante wasn't a goofball in DMC1. Corny, cheesy, over the top, or even silly in the same way an 80's action character is silly, yes, but he never goofed around. There was nothing goofy about that intro sequence where Trish tossed the whole motorcycle at him, he wasn't playing around when he shot it back at her, he was making a point.

This is goofy:
And he has that name for a reason.
latest

When people say goofy they mean something less exaggerated than this.
That's what a goofball is.

Power ranger is really not what he is like, either. I'm playing DMC1 right now. It's outlandish but it's not hokey and it certainly is nowhere near as off the wall as 4 is. Dante might be cocky in 1 be he takes himself seriously, not like his 3-4 incarnations, they're considered goofballs because they spend a lot of time playing around while in 1 he is very driven. People brush that off as him just avenging his family but we know that it's because it's different people making him with different thoughts on how he should be.

I don't think Bayonetta would f*** Dante. And I'm fairly sure he couldn't even handle her.
Actually, Kamiya said that Bayonetta was a pussycat in bed.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
he wasn't playing around when he shot it back at her

"Ah-ha, time to go to work guys!" (talking to his PISTOLS)

Yeah.

"Whooooa, slow down babe!"

"
- Ten minutes.
- Haha! More than enough.
"

Double yeah.

No berto, I'm not convinced, I'm sorry. It's pretty clear to me that in both beginning and ending, he was indeed playing around. I think, no offense, you have a more idealized vision of him cause you're so fondly attached to the game.

DMC1 Dante is serious business.

Yeah right.

Top Bottom