• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Hideki Kamiya want's to make a game in which Dante and Bayonetta meet

Ixbran

Smashing~
Hideki Kamiya has gone on record stating that he was approached by the development team behind Project X Zone 2, the 3DS crossover game starring Capcom, Sega, NamcoBandai, and Nintendo characters. He was asked if he would be alright with the inclusion of Bayonetta in the game, though he was against the idea, on the grounds he wanted to be the one who would direct/create the game in which Bayonetta and Dante officially meet. Hes gone on record stating he regrets not including her since he now knows fans really wanted her inclusion.

However recently in a poll on Twitter Hideki Kamiya asked fans which incarnation of Dante, from the Devil May Cry franchise, they would like to see interacting with Bayonetta. He asks if fans want to see his DMC1, DMC2, DMC3, or DMC4 incarnation meet with her (I my self stated DMC2 in design, but DMC4 in personality). In response to this Hashimoto, the Director of Bayonetta 2, tweeted a response to Kamiya's, stating he would like it if Dante could appear in a possible Bayonetta 3. Given the fact that PlatinumGames have gone on record stating they want to make a Bayo3, and that they are considering keeping Bayonetta a Nintendo Exclusive franchise, as long as Capcom is willing to work out an arrangement with PG, Sega, and Nintendo, Dante could very well appear in the next mainstream Bayonetta game.

what do y'all think? Would you like to see Dante appear in a Bayonetta game in the future?

Last edited:

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Hmm... Is Kamiya so desperate that he needs to insert Dante ( a Itsuno's version) in his game just to sell Bayonetta?Because, after all it calls to me as a marketing tactic and a intent of altering someone's work.

Ixbran

Smashing~
Hmm... Is Kamiya so desperate that he needs to insert Dante ( a Itsuno's version) in his game just to sell Bayonetta?Because, after all it calls to me as a marketing tactic and a intent of altering someone's work.
why the petty insult?

But no that's not it at all. As the creator of both franchises he knows its something fans have been wanting for a while. It was one of the reasons people pushed for Bayo to appear in Project X Zone 2, since Dante and Virgil are appearing in it. Its something fans want, and its something Hideki is willing to attempt to try make happen.

berto

I Saw the Devil
@Ixbran
Don't let get under your skin. There are a lot of people here who dislike him and P*. @Gel Just don't turn this into a fight. That's the both of you and anyone else who feels like adding some less than generous word regarding anyone.

On topic. I don't like DMC4, I just don't. He's dull, weirdly dressed, and his design, including his face, just don't strike me as memorable, right down dumb, to be honest, not like the other 3. 2 is also boring but he had the benefit of having a cool look. Bottom line I would go for either 1 or 3 but rare, and I do mean rare, is the chance to get Kamiya to get behind Dante and drive, and if anyone can capture that unique man he was in 1 it could be him. I don't own a tweeter so I didn't vote but if Kamiya were to make the crossover game then I'd rather have that than them been peas in a pond of a cluster f*** of, oh, so many characters. As much as I've advocated that I don't think the two should meet, that each should stick to their own universes where they reign supreme, I would pay real money to play that game, even if one of the two wasn't a playable character.

Gel

Premium
why the petty insult?
I don't know why you call it a insult, it's a conclusion: this guy went from "I don't want anything to do with Capcom"for literally kissing Capcom's boots. The same way he sent not very nice remarks to Capcom's DMC work, saying how better it was if it was him and his Dante. Now he finds out his Dante was surpassed by DMC4 and DMC3 versions. I follow this guy in twitter since 2010 and I can assure you he wasn't like this.He changed for worse.
I'm talking about a marketing tactic because I've been trained and worked in marketing: Platinum games had problems in having Bayonetta 2 published , they had to beg because apparently nobody found it a good investment ( this has nothing to do with quality), now they would like to have a Bayo 3 and nothing better of inserting a very popular character from a good selling franchising for raising their probabilities of approval. This is marketing.
Its something fans want, and its something Hideki is willing to attempt to try make happen.
I know fans want, but fans want a lot of things, for the better or worse.
Now if he is talking about a crossover, it means probably it's Capcom who is doing DMC5.

EDIT: @berto , for God's sake! No, I wasn't trying to fight. I'm sorry if I came as blunt, but no, it wasn't my intention.

Last edited:

Ixbran

Smashing~
@Ixbran
Don't let get under your skin. There are a lot of people here who dislike him and P*. @Gel Just don't turn this into a fight. That's the both of you and anyone else who feels like adding some less than generous word regarding anyone.

On topic. I don't like DMC4, I just don't. He's dull, weirdly dressed, and his design, including his face, just don't strike me as memorable, right down dumb, to be honest, not like the other 3. 2 is also boring but he had the benefit of having a cool look. Bottom line I would go for either 1 or 3 but rare, and I do mean rare, is the chance to get Kamiya to get behind Dante and drive, and if anyone can capture that unique man he was in 1 it could be him. I don't own a tweeter so I didn't vote but if Kamiya were to make the crossover game then I'd rather have that than them been peas in a pond of a cluster f*** of, oh, so many characters. As much as I've advocated that I don't think the two should meet, that each should stick to their own universes where they reign supreme, I would pay real money to play that game, even if one of the two wasn't a playable character.

According to the poll DMC4 is leading, followed by DMC3, then DMC1, then DMC2 (*sigh*) but I do think that his DMC1 design could be best if Kamiya were in charge of his portrayal. It would essentially be bringing back the original Dante, in terms of pretty much everything. Regarding their own universes though: the Bayonetta games do tend to make call backs to past Kamiya works. One of the items in the Bayo series, the Braclet of Time, describes a woman named Eva being its creator. Stating she was a powerful umbra witch who entered a contract with the Legendary Dark Knight, and aided him in his fight against the denizens of Inferno. Theres also the fact that theres a character named Enzo in the series, who is a short foul mouthed italian informant, like the Enzo of the DMC3 Manga. there's also this piece of canon artwork from the Bayo1 art book.

Hideki Kamiya has gone to great lengths to allude to the possibility of the DMC and Bayo series take place in the same universe. So because of this I can easily see them running into one another fairly easily in terms of story and world continuity.

I don't know why you call it a insult, it's a conclusion: this guy went from "I don't want anything to do with Capcom"for literally kissing Capcom's boots. The same way he sent not very nice remarks to Capcom's DMC work, saying how better it was if it was him and his Dante. Now he finds out his Dante was surpassed by DMC4 and DMC3 versions. I follow this guy in twitter since 2010 and I can assure you he wasn't like this.He changed for worse.
I'm talking about a marketing tactic because I've been trained and worked in marketing: Platinum games had problems in having Bayonetta 2 published , they had to beg because apparently nobody found it a good investment ( this has nothing to do with quality), now they would like to have a Bayo 3 and nothing better of inserting a very popular character from a good selling franchising for raising their probabilities of approval. This is marketing.

I know fans want, but fans want a lot of things, for the better or worse.
Now if he is talking about a crossover, it means probably it's Capcom who is doing DMC5.

EDIT: @berto , for God's sake! No, I wasn't trying to fight. I'm sorry if I came as blunt, but no, it wasn't my intention.

You apparently know little about the development process of Bayo2. Sega had begun the process of creating Bayo2, however due to segas ****ty miss management of money, and poor quality game sales they had to 'restructure the company due to a shift in the gaming market. A lot of people lost their jobs, titles were cnalced, and Sega only wanted to stick with 'Strong IP's such as Sonic, world at War, and Aliens'. Because of this withdrawl in funding Bayo2 was left only partially finished resulting in P* having to go to other developers for aid. People either demanded content be cut to make the game cheaper to make, or have content changed to fit their needs. P* eventually decided to cancle the project. The only reason Bayo2 got made was because Nintendo offered to fund the games development when they found out about the games financial issues while working with P* on the Wonderful 101. They didn't have to go around and beg anyone: they asked a few publishers, they said no or demanded changes P* felt were unfair, and were well prepared to cancel the game.

Also thank you for missreading my post: "now they would like to have a Bayo 3 and nothing better of inserting a very popular character from a good selling franchising for raising their probabilities of approval. This is marketing." "Now if he is talking about a crossover"

Kamiya was talking about it just being a cross over, it was Hashimoto, the director of Bayo2, that suggested the possiblity of Dante appearing in a possible Bayo3. Sounds to me that all those years of training and work in marketing has made you ignorant to the fact that people are capable of changing their minds regarding a subject, as well as peoples passion for what they do. Sure Kamiya may have been nasty to Capcom when he left them, but how many years has that been? How long has he had time to cool down behind closed doors and reconsider things? People change, some times for the bad, and some times for the better. Maybe Kamiya is willing to put the dark past with Capcom behind him now and wants to work with them to make games with them again. They are technically an independant 3rd party development team who works on the IPs of other first party developers. If P* can get on the good side of Capcom, maybe Kam iya can go back to working on series he used too? How awesome would it be if we could get another Viewtiful Joe game, or another Okami title as part of Capcom/P* working together? The fact that Capcom has been so quiet regarding the DMC series, maybe P* could work with Capcom and co-create DMC5 together?

Last edited:

Gel

Premium
Also thank you for missreading my post: "now they would like to have a Bayo 3 and nothing better of inserting a very popular character from a good selling franchising for raising their probabilities of approval. This is marketing." "Now if he is talking about a crossover
Good grief, mate! No, let me see if I can be clearer on it: you have a character, your character is inserted in someone's game, this other game is famous, so the probably of your character and its game become even more famous is higher. Bayo 2 is selling again because she appears in Smash, more fans and potential buyers have access to her.In the end it's marketing and it's legit.
People change, some times for the good, and some times for the better.
People don't change, people show how they are inside with time.

Ixbran

Smashing~
People don't change, people show how they are inside with time.
That is a very pessimistic and unhealthy way of thinking, and I am sorry that your lifes point of view is like that.

Add Bayonetta to DMC's already overflowing arsenal of leading showgirls?Sign. Me. Up.
Not really? It's more Dante and Bayo appearing in the same game. She'd never become part of his franchise, just as he'd never become part of hers. If it's a game Kamiya is making, chances are it'd just be him making a solo appearance in a Bayo game. Which is better than nothing if you ask me.

I like the idea, but it depends on the execution
Yeah, we just have to wait and see how things go. Though in terms of gameplay, if Hideki Kamiya is directing it, and its Dante appearing in a Bayo style game, it will be interesting to see how Dante's main guns and sword are adapted to the Hands+Feet weapon system. I could see them maybe give Dante the ability to punch with his guns for his 'hands' weapon button, and then wielding the sword with the 'kick' weapon button.

Last edited:

Gel

Premium
That is a very pessimistic and unhealthy way of thinking, and I am sorry that your lifes point of view is like that.
No, it's psychology. It's time and the circumstances who show people's true colors, for the best and worst, but this is this is not the subject of the thread.
Now, gentlemen, please go on.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
@Ixbran
Don't let get under your skin. There are a lot of people here who dislike him and P*. .
No, there's a lot of people here who actually like P*, but just don't think they're some godsend. And as for Kamiya, I'm one of the people who prefer his incarnation of Devil May Cry over the rest, and like playing Bayonetta, but even I can admit he can be kind of a childish asshat.

As for this, it probably won't ever happen, and quite frankly, I don't need it to happen. I'm cool with just having a Bayonetta 3 if they really wanna make it happen.

berto

I Saw the Devil
It's a general warning. Topics like this have deteriorated into bickering before. It doesn't matter if you are or aren't picking a fight, things escalate. You can relax, though, the only reason I single you two out is because you're the only ones who were bumping heads. If I thought you were really fighting I'd handed out official warnings.

According to the poll DMC4 is leading, followed by DMC3, then DMC1, then DMC2 (*sigh*)
Yeah, that does not please us at all. Why not go for an entirely new design rather that using one that's pre existing. If there was a DMC5 game in the making they wouldn't use an old design, they'd make a new one. I say go for a new one.

Theres also the fact that theres a character named Enzo in the series, who is a short foul mouthed italian informant, like the Enzo of the DMC3 Manga. there's also this piece of canon artwork from the Bayo1 art book.

Enzo wass first mention on the DMC1 strategy guide and his first actual appearance was in the DMC1 novel, but the man in that illustration is actually Kamiya, not Dante, and he's apparently the only one who would actually fall for all of Enzo's poker tactics.

Also thank you for missreading my post:

Sounds to me that all those years of training and work in marketing has made you ignorant to the fact that people are capable of changing their minds regarding a subject, as well as peoples passion for what they do.
Ok. See, this is what I'm asking you guys to try to avoid. You can still say all these things without been confrontational about it. Even if you don't mean ill, you respond like this and he/she responds just a bit more aggressively and before page two even gets half way Meg is shutting down the thread. If you feel the person you're conversing with is been an a'hole report them and we'll deal with them, don't compound to it by been aggressive with your responses.

Last edited:

Frazz

General gamer
@Ixbran
Don't let get under your skin. There are a lot of people here who dislike him and P*.
I'd say that that's a huge generalisation. I, and many others, love P* but some have minor issues with things like their QTEs as they're less involving of the player.

On topic: I'd rather these universes remain separate. I know many fans want a crossover but I feel that it'd be two very different styles clashing. It could work but Platinum's games can be a bit different from a DMC (not entirely different, relax) and it could be kind of weird and contrived. It could be done well if it involved things like a parallel universe version of Dante but I don't want the DMC/ Bayo universe irreversibly altered by a crossover. By that I mean I don't want the whole Avengers thing of 'well why doesn't Dante just call in Bayonetta?' If they go with this then I just don't want it to have an impact on a possible DMC5.

The question is: would Capcom agree to this if the game is a WiiU exclusive? They'd get less money that way so if they did a solid for P* and produced the game for them onto all consoles then it could expand the potential audience.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I'd say that that's a huge generalisation. I, and many others, love P* but some have minor issues with things like their QTEs as they're less involving of the player.
I seem to be getting people thinking that "a lot" equates to either "all" or "most." That's what generalization is, by the way, when you say all rather than some, many or few. Just because there are a lot of people here who don't like P* doesn't mean there are those who don't love it nor have I implied it and I really shouldn't have to make this disclaimer but I suppose here it is.

It could work but Platinum's games can be a bit different from a DMC (not entirely different, relax) and it could be kind of weird and contrived.
No, they are, they really are, specially 1 and 2. Out of all the DMCs 3 and 4 would be the most compatible but Bayonetta is such a far fetch franchise DMC wouldn't match. Yeah, they are both over the top but in such different demeanors that one would have to bend in order to fit with the other.

Frazz

General gamer
@Frazz
Then what if they made a non canon crossover.
That would be the best idea but it would need to be communicated well so that no one is confused. In all fairness Kamiya could be thinking of a mere cameo from Dante with Bayo smashing into his office and they share some words and that's it. A cameo would avoid the difficulty in making Bayo/DMC fit together sylistically as well.

Top Bottom