• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Ever noticed that when your character gets close to a Qliphoth branch that carries blood through, the external membrane on the transparent bubbles kind of hardens and becomes opaque, as if it's trying to protect itself?

giphy.gif

This game drips detail.

Goldsickle

Nero sounds like a petulant child in that last level. The constant name calling, the swearing, the whole hang up with being called dead weight. It got really obnoxious for me. It didn't work for DmC and it works just as well here.
This rubs me off the wrong way:
KyUkCyw.gif

I remember people s***ing on DmC for all the swearing or "edginess" and now this is supposed to be "okay" and "the correct usage of middle finger and F-word".
F***ing hypocrites.

I always prefer dialogs without swearing if possible.

Another thing it inherited from DmC,
Has anyone ever listed all the inheritance from DmC?
Like how Snatching forces enemies to stand up or how you can do multiple Roulette Spins in mid-air without Enemy Step?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Obscenities add realism. Men like to curse and be vulgar IRL.

It's not necessarily about realism. When you do a cutscene it's more about presentation. And the context in which you put the swearing is what makes the difference between it coming off as obnoxious and meeting a positive state of mind from the audience.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Obscenities add realism. Men like to curse and be vulgar IRL.
But this isn’t realistic. People don’t jump 6 meters in the air, there are no robotic prosthetics like those in the real world, very little about this game is reflective of the real world, including the dialogue. Dramatic dialogue is nothing like real world dialogue, it’s much more reflective and theatrical than irl. It'd be very boring if it was.

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Naturalistic is probably a better description than realistic in this example.

I felt Nero's f-bomb in the last fight was more earned than Dante/Succubus's back and forth. It just landed better.

Ps. I'm not a Nero fan nor do i even care about him being Vergil's kid.

The scene just worked for me.

Granted i don't think he should have been successful in getting Vergil/Dante to stop fighting, sparing each other etc.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Naturalistic is probably a better description than realistic in this example.

I felt Nero's f-bomb in the last fight was more earned than Dante/Succubus's back and forth. It just landed better.

Ps. I'm not a Nero fan nor do i even care about him being Vergil's kid.

The scene just worked for me.

Granted i don't think he should have been successful in getting Vergil/Dante to stop fighting, sparing each other etc.

Agreed with the swearing; it's all about context and timing. The problem with DmC's use of swearing is that it comes off as 10-13 yr old discovering the f-word for the first time. I said this before in previous post, but here are action games that do cursing right:

DMC4 - Some of Nero's Buster moves involve the S and F word.
Bayonetta 1 & 2
Metal Gear Rising
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
Vanquish
No More Heroes 1 & 2
MadWorld
Anarchy Reigns
House of the Dead: Overkill

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Goodbye and f*** you very much, Hell And Hell.
Never gonna touch you ever again.

If Devil May Cry 6 also forces you to get S rank for this mode, I'm buying the game used.

Goldsickle

If somebody told me 10 years ago, that "In DMC5, Vergil mutates into a giant couch potato Satan tentacle abomination, who then shoots the tentacles at you like a homing harpoon and then mutates into a giant kick-boxing demon", I'd think that guy is full of s***.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
If you do V's "Sith Lord" taunt, his now glowing cane actually does damage in combat. 350 to be exact which is not bad at all.

20190601122623-1.jpg

Goldsickle

I wonder how many people notice that Griffon's anatomy is loosely based on a Microraptor, a four-winged dinosaur.
Griffon's legs have wing-like shapes, similar to the fossils and conceptualization of a Microraptor.
5jwyuW4.jpg

It's sad that chickens don't evolve this way.
KFC would be able to harvest twice the amount of tasty chicken wings.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Probably not news for people here but since I never really bothered with Ragtime it is for me.

That arm trivializes Furies so hard. Bubbling them right after the grab allows you to grab them again and put them into a loop till dead.

I assume it can do the same to Judecca, which for me it's 300 times more annoying than Furies can ever hope to be. I'll see.

Top Bottom