• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
I don't know who the artist is but it looks awesome.

61113052_2381202705279701_6827300161413185536_o.jpg

Sean Gow

Something that’s been bothering me for a while.

DMC4 is guilty of this too...

But what happened to the tradition of unlocking a new costume with every difficulty you completed?
It was kind of a staple of the series until 4 came out.

One of the most exciting things about completing DMC3 over and over was finding out what costume you were going to get at the end of each run.

You could argue and say ‘Leaving room for DLC’

But we had to wait about 8 years for unlock-able costumes in DMC4. And we had to re-buy and re-start the entire game to get them. So that wasn’t the case for DMC4

Even DmC recognised this as a tradition, it had a costume unlocked with each difficulty.
It even had story specific costumes that you could use, which I thought was cool.

In DMC5
I was expecting to get a Dante costume from 1-4

A ‘Young Nero’ costume is a no-brainer.

A DmC Dante one for Nero would’ve made sense too.

I know you can use ‘Pre Urizen beatdown’ Dante by holding all the top triggers when selecting him. And I know you can unlock an alternate colour for V and Vergil through gameplay alone.

But every single other costume is DLC. And it’s only one each.

The only incentive of completing every difficulty is a Tropy/Achievement, self accomplishment and bragging rights.

This game seemed to bring everything home apart from a few little things and this is one of them!

Rant over

P.S, to anyone who reads all the way through this, hats off to you! Didn’t realise how long it was

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Probably not news for people here but since I never really bothered with Ragtime it is for me.

That arm trivializes Furies so hard. Bubbling them right after the grab allows you to grab them again and put them into a loop till dead.

I assume it can do the same to Judecca, which for me it's 300 times more annoying than Furies can ever hope to be. I'll see.

I just pull out RagTime's BreakAge and use the Super Neo Buster (pop DT just to be sure) to one shot a Fury. Mainly use this tactic on DMD or S Rank runs. A lot of people sleep on RagTime but it's honestly the most handy DB in the game especially on DMD and H&H mode. I've reckt house on Proto Angelos and Behemoth due to the set ups it grants me.

I find Behemoths more exhausting to fight than Furies and Judeccas. There movements are extremely erratic and they lack distinctive tells so they're aren't easily telegraphed like the Furies and Proto Angelo and the most effective way to inflict damage is by attacking their front mouth which is the most risky. They have the most moves out of the entire enemy roster and when they rampage good luck dealing damage while avoiding taking damage.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Heh, the ponytail mod ain't too bad actually. Another idea that I wouldn't mind as an official alternate costume in the future.

20190611195948-1.jpg

Faust hat makes it even better, IMO.

20190611200238-1.jpg

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I didn't bother checking to see if anyone already posted this. You can delete it if it has.

Just played mission 19 in dmd and didn't see any difference in vergil move, and I played mission 19 for 3 month

Sean Gow

I’ve been wanting to see that render too.

I actually think Vergil’s face is extraordinary to look at.
And I’m totally okay with the fact that him and Dante don’t look exactly the same.

Side note, has anyone cottoned onto the fact that it’s better to play as V without staying locked onto enemies 100% of the time?

I only lock on when I’m using directional-context-attacks and it’s so much better!
Griffon and Shadow react so much more to enemies and move toward their position more efficiently without lock on, god knows why!

Goldsickle

Side note, has anyone cottoned onto the fact that it’s better to play as V without staying locked onto enemies 100% of the time?
When Cavaliere + Geryon shoots lightning bolts at me, I just ran sideways while mashing the Sword button, so that I dodge the bolts while Shadow attacks Geryon.
You can't do this anymore in later stages, since Cavaliere auto-targets all three of you.

Sometimes I just cheat by turning the camera away and have both Griffon + Shadow attack off-screen enemies.
Locking on will turn the camera back at the enemies, so I avoid it.

Goldsickle

Close Application -> Continue is the most convenient way to resume a checkpoint and maintain your "No Damage" bonus.
Unfortunately, this can't be used for Hell and Hell, since that mode does not have any checkpoints, if I'm not wrong.

Quit Game -> Continue will preserve No Continues bonus but not No Damage if you got hit before selecting the option, because the game "remembers" you getting hit.

It's kinda bulls*** that getting grabbed by a Nobody but able to escape before getting damaged still count as being "Damaged".
Back in DMC4, getting frozen by a Rusalka may count as a "hit" and lower your Stylish rating but doesn't count as being "damaged" and does not void the No Damage bonus then.
Some DMD players may purposely get grabbed by them so that Bael/Dagon pops out faster.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Close Application -> Continue is the most convenient way to resume a checkpoint and maintain your "No Damage" bonus.
Unfortunately, this can't be used for Hell and Hell, since that mode does not have any checkpoints, if I'm not wrong.

Quit Game -> Continue will preserve No Continues bonus but not No Damage if you got hit before selecting the option because the game "remembers" you getting hit.

It's kinda bulls*** that getting grabbed by a Nobody but able to escape before getting damaged still count as being "Damaged".
Back in DMC4, getting frozen by a Rusalka may count as a "hit" and lower your Stylish rating but doesn't count as being "damaged" and does not void the No Damage bonus then.
Some DMD players may purposely get grabbed by them so that Bael/Dagon pops out faster.

Being punished for restarting a checkpoint is a bitch, and design I don't understand why Itsuno chose to carryover from DmC. Transformers Devastation and Rising still have the best use of restart checkpoint ever. Now only if Platinum can do the same for Bayonetta 3; whenever that gets an actual release date and footage.

Goldsickle

Being punished for restarting a checkpoint is a bitch, and design I don't understand why Itsuno chose to carryover from DmC. Transformers Devastation and Rising still have the best use of restart checkpoint ever. Now only if Platinum can do the same for Bayonetta 3; whenever that gets an actual release date and footage.
I have not played Bayonetta 2, does it also not include a "restart from checkpoint" option?

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I have not played Bayonetta 2, does it also not include a "restart from checkpoint" option?

Unfortuantely, no. To redo a checkpoint, you have to exit to title screen (just like DmC, though in its case, you only have to go main menu and select continue), and go to your save file. The best method if you're going for a no damage run. While the loading times aren't nowhere near as bad as DMC5's, it's still tedious and annoying.

Last edited:

Goldsickle

Unfortuantely, no. To redo a checkpoint, you have to exit to title screen (just like DmC), and go to your save file. The best method if you're going for a no damage run. While the loading times aren't nowhere near as bad as DMC5's, it's still tedious and annoying.
I wish developers were more considerate with these kind of things.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
I wish developers were more considerate with these kind of things.

Honestly they need better playtesters. I can see how developers can miss design oversights that is more noticeable from a player point of view but these playtesters must only be looking out for bugs and gameplay balance not general gameplay/user descrenpencies. The only time they notice these stuff is after the game releases and people complain about it and they go "Oh I guess that is a problem."

Top Bottom