• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General DMC 5 Discussion

Vergil95

Might controls everything, and without strength, y
I checked out the cartridges that get expelled from Ebony and Ivory and Coyote-A out of curiosity and holy hell, they actually went ahead and put engravings on them, as well as modeling and texturing different types of ammo for Kalina Ann and Kalina Ann 2. Such attention to detail.

20190627144814-1.jpg

20190627145208-1.jpg

20190627144945-1.jpg

20190627145022-1.jpg
If you look the atbook of dmc 5 you can see that they designed every ammo in the game... Pretty cool actually

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Yeah, it's pretty damn cool that they paid so much attention to something that the vast majority of people will never notice.

Yeah and not something people would really want......like extra costumes but they have unlockable content just taunts and gameplay mechanics/gimmicks and not the stuff people really want (although the V Kylo Ren Taunt is pretty damn cool).

While I do feel details like seeing what the crew is doing in the van right before each Mission in the Mission screen, the fact going through the Gallery is a big tour of the van interior and all its details (the fact they essentially modeled all that stuff just to be scenery for the Gallery although I am sure it is necessary to model most of the van and its content for other purposes), the enemy kill cam/shot, and all these minut details that most wont see (but then again with Photo Mode its not that hard easy) are all really neat and in some cases really damn cool. It makes you wonder if their efforts could be spend somewhere more productive....like more costumes. Although the kill cam/shot is a pretty genius idea on giving more incentive to replay the game that I am curious no other action game has done before and should be expanded upon.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Although the kill cam/shot is a pretty genius idea on giving more incentive to replay the game that I am curious no other action game has done before and should be expanded upon.

Uhhh...hate to break it to you, but the whole kill cam shot has been done before in an actions games. Bayonetta did it with the still frame/camera shutter effect, Enslaved (which DmC took from, cuz Ninja Theory), and Transformers Devastation. Then you have shooters like Max Payne and Alan Wake who did it long before those games showed up.

Stylish Nero

We Dem Boys!!
Uhhh...hate to break it to you, but the whole kill cam shot has been done before in an actions games. Bayonetta did it with the still frame/camera shutter effect, Enslaved (which DmC took from, cuz Ninja Theory), and Transformers Devastation. Then you have shooters like Max Payne and Alan Wake who did it long before those games showed up.

No I mean after beating the game once every time an enemy dies for the first time tye camera zooms in on the enemy and takes an actual photo of the defeated enemy with a tagline from Nico like when you defeat a Hell Caina it says "Frontline Freakshow" and that photo appears in the enemies profile in the gallery section. This also extends to when you clear a Mission and S Rank Mission you get more photos with headlines for those.

I thought this was a really fun mechanic that makes replaying the game more stylishly to get some sweet photos for the gallery more rewarding. Especially in one case I owned a Fury so hard and I got a hilarious pic of it during it's defeat and the headline "Speed Ain't Everything Honey". I burst out laughing.

It would be cool to expand upon on this idea like multiple photos per enemy with different headlines that depends how you take down an enemy or at least have it so you can decide if you like a picture or not and not have it automatically become the default photo in the enemy profile. This way if you think you can get a better picture you don't have to go the enemy profile and select retake (but still have that option too just in case).

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
No I mean after beating the game once every time an enemy dies for the first time tye camera zooms in on the enemy and takes an actual photo of the defeated enemy with a tagline from Nico like when you defeat a Hell Caina it says "Frontline Freakshow" and that photo appears in the enemies profile in the gallery section. This also extends to when you clear a Mission and S Rank Mission you get more photos with headlines for those.

Oh, okay, that makes way more sense. I would not mind seeing that little feature come back.

berto

I Saw the Devil
I haven’t played them in a while but I’m pretty sure the camera snap was first done by Capcom in Viewtiful Joe and in multiple angles in Okami. Also, there are a few fights where this happened in DMC1, the camera moving after the coup de grâce, namely the first frost fight. It’s rarely as dramatic as what is being used now but if you’re standing on the right spot it gets pretty dynamic.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I haven’t played them in a while but I’m pretty sure the camera snap was first done by Capcom in Viewtiful Joe and in multiple angles in Okami. Also, there are a few fights where this happened in DMC1, the camera moving after the coup de grâce, namely the first frost fight. It’s rarely as dramatic as what is being used now but if you’re standing on the right spot it gets pretty dynamic.

Your technically right on VJ, but that was more of a freeze frame on a character after beating a boss at the end of a stage. Okami I can't comment on, because I never played it and only saw youtube footage. DMC1 I'll take your word for it, but I don't even recall any of that happening, though you did say it rarely shows up.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Your technically right on VJ, but that was more of a freeze frame on a character after beating a boss at the end of a stage. Okami I can't comment on, because I never played it and only saw youtube footage. DMC1 I'll take your word for it, but I don't even recall any of that happening, though you did say it rarely shows up.
Look up any playthrough of mission 17, the frost fight. Depending on where you are standing when you kill the frost the camera will move for a dynamic killshot.
Exp:
Around the 2:20 mark.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Needs more v ;).

Honestly i saw it and thought it was fun. Berto beat me to posting it. One day guys one day :p

Goldsickle

This game kinda came and went just like that.
I bought it because my nephew wanted to play it but before we know it, I got all the Trophies, my nephew lost interest and we agreed to uninstall DMCV to make up space for reinstalling Dishonored 2.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Nah, it's still going. It keeps selling and it's close to the 3 million mark, which is something that took the best selling game, DMC4, years to achieve. Besides that, people are still regularly playing it, especially on PC, with the amount of aesthetic and gameplay mods that just keep coming.

I'm willing to bet when the sales will come close to a near halt, that's when they'll start thinking about some kind of Special Edition or rerelease to rekindle the fire. Similarly to how they rekindle the fire for the original series when they made DMC4SE, which lead to the making of 5. Capcom be Capcom.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
Nah, it's still going. It keeps selling and it's close to the 3 million mark, which is something that took the best selling game, DMC4, years to achieve. Besides that, people are still regularly playing it, especially on PC, with the amount of aesthetic and gameplay mods that just keep coming.

I am still playing this game. So it sure as hell still going.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
@Goldsickle Good for you dude
@Foxtrot94 and @BrawlMan Man I spent the other night playing Bloody Palace as Nero and had made it to stage 80 before I suspended it.......Unfortunately I was still half asleep the next day I went to play some more and instead of clicking continue I scrolled down to Bloody Palace and didn't even read the warning that doing so would cause current saved data to be lost :':)':)':)':)':)':)':)':)'(

Top Bottom