• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Bayonetta Discussion

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Keaton;199768 said:
SEGA will never make another console, not for a very long while.
Nintendo have DOMINATED the market with the DS and the PSP fills the gaps where it doesn't cover. SEGA hasn't got any room to fit into the current market.

As for a DADDY console, following SEGAs Dreamcast, its doubtful that they will gather enough confidence in the next few years to develop a console.

In my opinion, I imagine that SEGA/Bayonetta will follow Devil May Cry . It will simply keep producing DADDY console games that can take advantage of graphics, speed and game size. Shrinking a game like Bayonetta down would kill the experience, the only thing that they could do is port the Angel Attack Mini-Game into an App form for the iPhone. Otherwise, I doubt it would ever really work otherwise.

That's not entirelly true.These last two-three years they have started developing their exclusive games intheir exclusive...arcades...yeah.Still it's a step.And you will be amazed if you know about Shining Force Cross for the SEGA arcade.Still,yeah they don't fit THIS generation's market.Soon though...[just my belief]

Also[a tad unrelated],don't forget Dissidia and now Birth By Sleep.Sure the graphics aren't as magnificent,but the rest are covered once you Data Install.Besides spin-off games are always unpredictable.Couple it with the "Kamiya" factor,who knows what the man can pull.[Imagines a Rodin exclusive game,like DOA XTREME series,only Rodin is serving drinks to hot chicks.LOL :D].

Also good find VB.Nice.

On the DMC5 subject.It would be cool to see Kamiya work on DMC5,but i think they are gonna fuse the DMC and BASARA studios together,to get things better.

Sparda™

Zato-OW;199802 said:
You act like we are the only ones who like this game. I can take you to many DMC forums where a lot of people will say the same thing. Its a damn good game and if you don't like it then just leave it be.

Yes I hope Capcom take notes from Bayonetta because that's how an action game is suppose to be, but of course they forgot that. They are the idiots who fired these people and went the FPS route.

Oh I also read alot of people left Capcom after DMC4. The cut scene director and of course the story writer. I also read that the level designer left too which is a shame. They may be hiring new people for the job which could go the wrong way.

I say fresh people, fresh minds, fresh brand-new game.

I'm not kissing Capcom's ass, just backing up my arguments why Bayonetta is poor in my eyes. I'm sorry It bothers you but the topic explicitly says "General Bayonetta Discussion", so negative feedback is to be expected.

If SEGA isn't planning a PC port for the game, the possibility of modding is a great loss for gamers.

About DMC5, I believe It will bring back the glory of DMC3/DMC1 - which popularized the game back then and gave some splendor to the franchise. I'm an optimistic till the end - call me stupid or irrational but I believe this 5th awaited game is something great.

Vergil'sBitch

I am Nero's Mom & Obsessed fan girl
Premium
I have heard, sega recently made a NEW sega mega drive game (or Genesis)... (about 2005)

I just pray DMC5 is better than DMC4 (and i can actually beat a mission 20boss on an equivalent of Devil Hunter mode )

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199812 said:
I say fresh people, fresh minds, fresh brand-new game.

I'm not kissing Capcom's ass, just backing up my arguments why Bayonetta is poor in my eyes. I'm sorry It bothers you but the topic explicitly says "General Bayonetta Discussion", so negative feedback is to be expected.

If SEGA isn't planning a PC port for the game, the possibility of modding is a great loss for gamers.

About DMC5, I believe It will bring back the glory of DMC3/DMC1 - which popularized the game back then and gave some splendor to the franchise. I'm an optimistic till the end - call me stupid or irrational but I believe this 5th awaited game is something great.
Now this is funny. You think they won't screw up the characters with a new staff? I mean DMC2 kinda tried this and it didn't go well. DMC3 somewhat redeemed the series but not enough in most people eyes. Then DMC4 took a step backwards. I say they should just hire them back for DMC5. A new story writer is a bad idea for a series that has been up for this long. The story is already getting worst as it is. We might not even see a DMC game for awhile. Capcom is molding into something very different now. Its sad really when you think about it.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
If Capcom are shifting into something different, perhaps i won't get my hopes up on DMC5. Was DMC2 an idea an idea of a game released every year... it just seemed a bit rushed at times.

ANYWAY, because this is a Bayonetta thread, is there anything anyone would like to see in the next game... (perhaps an appearance from our friendly Devil Hunter Dante... it is possible... after all he was in a Shin Magami Tensei game, just an idea.)

Zato-OW

King
Vergil'sB*tch;199817 said:
If Capcom are shifting into something different, perhaps i won't get my hopes up on DMC5. Was DMC2 an idea an idea of a game released every year... it just seemed a bit rushed at times.

ANYWAY, because this is a Bayonetta thread, is there anything anyone would like to see in the next game... (perhaps an appearance from our friendly Devil Hunter Dante... it is possible... after all he was in a Shin Magami Tensei game, just an idea.)

Okay for an example. A new story writer! I have a certain fear they will make Nero the main character while slowly pushing Dante out or have him taking the back seat. If that's not bad enough then them most likely making Vergil the father of Nero is most likely to happen. I do not want that to happen.

Anyway, I don't know what to expect from Bayonetta 2. I know she will be fighting Demons this time around due to the reference of Eggman(obviously a demon). They make it seems as if hes is the strongest being in that time. Bayonetta was using demonic power the whole time so it would be nice to see her fighting demons.

Vergil'sBitch

Premium
Please, the mention of Vergil being that twerps dad makes me upset and sick and angry.

The only Eggman i know of is the bloke in Sonic the hedgehog... have to go and look on wiki a minute... nope i have no idea...

Keaton

Premium
Bayonetta summons Infernal Demons during her Climaxes (anyone else think that would be awkward :D), but from what I have played, it seems that Demons are FAR more powerful than Angels. Look at Rodin for example, a Demon that is constantly taking on Hordes of powerful foes in order to craft a new weapon. Plus, the Infernal Demons Bayonetta summons, albeit she summons them when an enemy is substantially weakened they're still massive and devastating!

I think if Bayonetta starts fighting Demons it may end up down a too familiar path....after all, Angels are angelic, crafted from light with beautiful gold armour with fantastic detail. If it were demons we would be heading down a path of blood, gore and over the top 'darkness'. Its something Devil May Cry did very well, and that Dante's Inferno will probably pull off too, but Bayonetta is too light hearted to head that way IMO. ^^

Zato-OW

King
Keaton;199954 said:
Bayonetta summons Infernal Demons during her Climaxes (anyone else think that would be awkward :D), but from what I have played, it seems that Demons are FAR more powerful than Angels. Look at Rodin for example, a Demon that is constantly taking on Hordes of powerful foes in order to craft a new weapon. Plus, the Infernal Demons Bayonetta summons, albeit she summons them when an enemy is substantially weakened they're still massive and devastating!

I think if Bayonetta starts fighting Demons it may end up down a too familiar path....after all, Angels are angelic, crafted from light with beautiful gold armour with fantastic detail. If it were demons we would be heading down a path of blood, gore and over the top 'darkness'. Its something Devil May Cry did very well, and that Dante's Inferno will probably pull off too, but Bayonetta is too light hearted to head that way IMO. ^^

I don't know though. I think Rodin was a Lumen Sage or something. He look just like one in his "true" form. Also it was said that Rodin was a very powerful demon so idk.

Sparda™

Keaton;199954 said:

Agreed.

Going on with that direction would give Bayonetta the nickname Devil May Cry Clone more than now.

Keaton

Premium
Chaos Master;200021 said:
Good news for Bayonetta PS3 version owners. Sega will release a patch on 28/01/2010 to fix loading times, which is a HDD install.

http://blog.livedoor.jp/htmk73/archives/2439697.html

Unfortunately, the bad graphics will still remain the same, only the loading times will be fixed.

Good news for PS3 owners! ^_^
I played Bayonetta on a friends PS3 a few days ago, and I was shocked when the loading times WERE as bad as I was told. Plus, the Graphics sadly, are choppier. But, if they can cure one evil from the PS3's version then at least that's one thing ^^

Zato-OW

King
Keaton;200028 said:
Good news for PS3 owners! ^_^
I played Bayonetta on a friends PS3 a few days ago, and I was shocked when the loading times WERE as bad as I was told. Plus, the Graphics sadly, are choppier. But, if they can cure one evil from the PS3's version then at least that's one thing ^^

The graphics isn't bad on the PS3 but comparing them to the Xbox version makes it so. Anyway, I'm happy a install patch is coming out. It's exactly what this game needed.

Keaton

Premium
^Admittedly, it is nice for a developer to develop mainly for the 360 for once. Often whenever I check out games on the PS3, they often a little better than their 360 counterparts. This isn't always the case naturally, but its nice to see the 360 getting some attention.

Which kinda seems 'fair' since the majority of consoles sold (outside of the Wii) belong to the 360...despite the 360 having the highest failure rate amongst consoles o_O

Sparda™

Keaton;200062 said:
Which kinda seems 'fair' since the majority of consoles sold (outside of the Wii) belong to the 360...despite the 360 having the highest failure rate amongst consoles o_O

The 360 was released a year before the PS3.

Keaton

Premium
Sparda™;200068 said:
The 360 was released a year before the PS3.

I understand that, which is where my point derives from. ^^

The 360 is a console that has sold more units so far, and yet many publishers in general are dedicating more time in creating games from the angle of the PS3. With many titles having slight graphical boosts etc, whereas Bayonetta seems to be the exception. Designed for use on a 360 and then ported (poorly) to the PS3.

Anyways, has anyone fought Father Rodin yet? (MochaCub I'm lookin' at you :))

Sparda™

Keaton;200069 said:
The 360 is a console that has sold more units so far, and yet many publishers in general are dedicating more time in creating games from the angle of the PS3.

PlayStation 3 has hardware capabilities beyond that of X360, and thus It carries more potential to develop the game the designer has in his mind appropriately.

SEGA sucked in porting the game for the PS3, because they didn't work with its hardware to explore the full graphic and processing potential. It was a rushed job by their part, totally unprofessional.

Top Bottom