• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

General Bayonetta Discussion

Zato-OW

King
Chaos Master;199379 said:
Sad news for Bayonetta PS3 version owners. Bayonetta Patch is unlikely to fix the loading times for PS3.

http://ctrlaltkill.org/?p=3058

I have the ps3 version and I know it isn't as shiny as the 360 version or runs as smooth but it is very much playable. The only thing that I don't like is the load times which they are idiots for not giving this game a HDD install option.

Chaos Raiden

Avid Gamer & Reviewer
Zato-OW;199428 said:
I have the ps3 version and I know it isn't as shiny as the 360 version or runs as smooth but it is very much playable. The only thing that I don't like is the load times which they are idiots for not giving this game a HDD install option.

Well, that will be Sega's fault, since this game was originally designed for XBox 360.

http://www.siliconera.com/2009/09/18/bayonetta-built-on-xbox-360-ported-to-ps3/

And supposedly Sony was supposed to help fix Bayonetta loading times, until the news that I posted in my last post.

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
It's prolly gonna be for PSP.Probably SEGA will pull a KH : RECOM on us with a second disc at the special edition of the game,with the original game,just for the PSP...that being said,sweet and one can dream.

DanteMustNotDie

Planning on picking this game up on Friday if my gamestop still doesn't have DMC4. Hopefully its as good as some of you guys/gals make it out to be.

Keaton

Premium
Devil Bane;199557 said:
It's prolly gonna be for PSP.Probably SEGA will pull a KH : RECOM on us with a second disc at the special edition of the game,with the original game,just for the PSP...that being said,sweet and one can dream.

Seems very doubtful.
The sheer mass of mechanics involved for the game wouldn't move onto the PSP very well. Not to mention that the graphics would have to be heavily deteriorated for it to move smoothly on such a 'weak' platform (in comparison to the Daddy consoles - PS3 & 360).

If it were ever to move onto the PSP, it would probably be so heavily downgraded that it would only be a shell of its former self. Due to Segas track history, I imagine that they will keep churning this out onto the Daddy consoles until they feel they've gotten the most money from it.

^^ Which is fine by me assuming they dont' kill it lol

Devil Bane

God Slaying Blades
Keaton;199763 said:
Seems very doubtful.
The sheer mass of mechanics involved for the game wouldn't move onto the PSP very well. Not to mention that the graphics would have to be heavily deteriorated for it to move smoothly on such a 'weak' platform (in comparison to the Daddy consoles - PS3 & 360).

If it were ever to move onto the PSP, it would probably be so heavily downgraded that it would only be a shell of its former self. Due to Segas track history, I imagine that they will keep churning this out onto the Daddy consoles until they feel they've gotten the most money from it.

^^ Which is fine by me assuming they dont' kill it lol

OK,Theory Time...Pr00ssething DTAA
:

I've concluded.Two options come in mind.

1)They do the spinnoff in one of the three DADDY consoles,or all of them.
2)Take the Square-Enix route : They make the spinn-off for another console,an arcade machine or a powerfull portable[PSP,unless SEGA makes another handheld by the end of the year] and then "port it" to the DADDY consoles with a Special Bundle of later "mainstream" game of the franchise.

I say 1),for the time being...SEGA's contract with Nintendo is finishing soon...

Keaton

Premium
SEGA will never make another console, not for a very long while.
Nintendo have DOMINATED the market with the DS and the PSP fills the gaps where it doesn't cover. SEGA hasn't got any room to fit into the current market.

As for a DADDY console, following SEGAs Dreamcast, its doubtful that they will gather enough confidence in the next few years to develop a console.

In my opinion, I imagine that SEGA/Bayonetta will follow Devil May Cry . It will simply keep producing DADDY console games that can take advantage of graphics, speed and game size. Shrinking a game like Bayonetta down would kill the experience, the only thing that they could do is port the Angel Attack Mini-Game into an App form for the iPhone. Otherwise, I doubt it would ever really work otherwise.

SuperDante

Legendary Demon Hunter
hey guys, I pried myself away from my DMC5 thread to comment a little :p First thing is first, I bought Bayonetta so I actually play it (so I'm not commenting on something I have no idea about). Now I will first state that I think it is an OK game (kill me now)! The witch-time is crazy, I really like it. The fact you are fighting Angels is very cool! The story is OK (nothing on the original DMC IMHO though) I like certain other elements as well. But here's where I will get blasted on! I just don't get into it enough to play it much at all. I don't even bother watching the crappy, image cutscenes (which I think are ridiculous), the loading times make me wanna punch my LCD, the soundtrack is horrible (again, this is only my opinion) and the characters (especially Bayonetta), while cool, seem like they are simply much overdone versions of DMC characters. It's like the creator (don't know his name sorry :/) simply wanted to outdo his original creation - Dante - by making Bayonetta simply super sexual and Dante's personality 5x overdone. Also, I feel certain parts (like when Bayonetta blasts Jubilius into the sun) waaaaaaaaaaaaay to overdone and extreme. Now even after all of this, I'm NOT saying this is a terrible game. As I said, certain parts are very good, genius in fact and new but as an avid DMC fan (freak fan almost :p) I am just not that into Bayonetta (when I got DMC4 I played it over and over until I unlocked everything, I have played through Bayonetta once and haven't looked back at the game :/) Now I also think that a supercharged version of DMC4 combat system (If pushed to the limit) would feel A LOT smoother and more polished, Bayonetta is good, but I find myself just button mashing at time - maybe I'm just a crap player, whereas DMC, I can easily remember how to perform every move instead of getting lost trying to dial combos. Anyway guys, that is just my 2 cents, I am not trying to offend anyone who loves the game, I am just posting my opinion :D

Keaton

Premium
SuperDante;199784 said:
hey guys, I pried myself away from my DMC5 thread to comment a little :p First thing is first, I bought Bayonetta so I actually play it (so I'm not commenting on something I have no idea about). Now I will first state that I think it is an OK game (kill me now)! The witch-time is crazy, I really like it. The fact you are fighting Angels is very cool!

Glad to hear you like it so far -- Witch Time is pretty tough to get used too, but fun s hell when you Master it ^^

The story is OK (nothing on the original DMC IMHO though) I like certain other elements as well. But here's where I will get blasted on! I just don't get into it enough to play it much at all. I don't even bother watching the crappy, image cutscenes (which I think are ridiculous), the loading times make me wanna punch my LCD, the soundtrack is horrible (again, this is only my opinion) and the characters (especially Bayonetta), while cool, seem like they are simply much overdone versions of DMC characters.

Shame to hear that the plot hasn't geled with you ^^
Do you think perhaps that you might not be into it as much BECAUSE you are skipping the cutscenes? o_O Afterall, they tend to be responsible for all the relationship building between the player and the game.

It's like the creator (don't know his name sorry :/) simply wanted to outdo his original creation - Dante - by making Bayonetta simply super sexual and Dante's personality 5x overdone. Also, I feel certain parts (like when Bayonetta blasts Jubilius into the sun) waaaaaaaaaaaaay to overdone and extreme.

I agree here, sending the 'Creator' into the Sun was way over the top, but when I think that, I do remind myself that the game DOESN'T take itself very seriously at all, when you apply such logic, it just becomes a bit of fun, rather than something that you hold particularly seriously ^^

Now even after all of this, I'm NOT saying this is a terrible game. As I said, certain parts are very good, genius in fact and new but as an avid DMC fan (freak fan almost :p) I am just not that into Bayonetta (when I got DMC4 I played it over and over until I unlocked everything, I have played through Bayonetta once and haven't looked back at the game :/) Now I also think that a supercharged version of DMC4 combat system (If pushed to the limit) would feel A LOT smoother and more polished, Bayonetta is good, but I find myself just button mashing at time - maybe I'm just a crap player, whereas DMC, I can easily remember how to perform every move instead of getting lost trying to dial combos. Anyway guys, that is just my 2 cents, I am not trying to offend anyone who loves the game, I am just posting my opinion :D

The combat System in Bayonetta is different from Devil May Cry. BUT there are very simalar mechanics.
For example, while you don't Style Swap you have accessories that can benefit your character (there's even an accessory that imitates the Royal Block), also you have Witch Time also which far exceeds Quicksilvers shadow.

I also feel that personally, Aerial combat in Bayonetta is far easier and more fun. In Devil May Cry 4, you feel constantly anchored, whereas in Bayonetta you can spend entire battles without touching the ground, combining enemy step, weapon grabs, attacks and evasions to keep up and away ^^

I adore both games, and DMC4 will always be a solid title in my eyes, afterall, it has some truly magnificent moments and some fantasticly solid combat :D

But, Bayonetta has a solid combat engine and it is also alot of fun. I feel that because it doesn't take itself seriously you can overlook plot holes and cheesy moments, whereas plot holes tend to stand out a mile in Devil May Cry 4, because it take itself a little bit too seriously ^^

Both great titles though, and I would'nt give either up for the World :D

Keaton

Premium
Another link eh? Nice one ^^
Sadly, this line...

It's not clear what that might mean, but perhaps you'd play as either an angel/Lumen Sage character or a human? Whatever Kamiya wants is fine by us, as long as we get more hair monsters.

Is only speculation on the article authors part, but all the same its nice to see that the news is spreading ^^#

Not sure I agree here...

...as long as we get more hair monsters...

Sure, the Monsters Summoned via Hair were cool, but unless its Jeanne or Bayonetta leading the game, it will only be a cheesy tribute ^^
I'd rather they moved on with something more original if they decided not to use a known Umbra Witch.

Sparda™

All this hype about Bayonetta will fall by the news of Devil May Cry 5.

Don't mistake me by turning me in the bad guy here, but Bayonetta's lack of PC port made me dislike this game even further.

Keaton

Premium
Sparda™;199794 said:

Don't mistake me by turning me in the bad guy here, but Bayonetta's lack of PC port made me dislike this game even further.

Agree. Devil May Cry when/if it's announced will be great ^^ Assuming that Capcom doesn't introduce a new 'Nero'-esque character.

Also, it was a true shame that Bayonetta wouldn't make it to PC, I can only dream about how much better it would look and how much better it would run *drool*

Zato-OW

King
Sparda™;199794 said:

You act like we are the only ones who like this game. I can take you to many DMC forums where a lot of people will say the same thing. Its a damn good game and if you don't like it then just leave it be.

Yes I hope Capcom take notes from Bayonetta because that's how an action game is suppose to be, but of course they forgot that. They are the idiots who fired these people and went the FPS route.

Oh I also read alot of people left Capcom after DMC4. The cut scene director and of course the story writer. I also read that the level designer left too which is a shame. They may be hiring new people for the job which could go the wrong way.

Keaton

Premium
^Agreed. Although often when companies take on new staff it brings with it new ideas and creativity -- I hope the change will be beneficial for our beloved series ^^

I wonder if Hideki Kamiya will be involved in DMC5, or if he will take a step back from the series now?

Top Bottom