• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you like but everyone else hated?

Maxman

@ROCKMAN X

I LOVED Warrior Within too !
I thought that this game was Far Superior than Forgotten Sands as well as the 2008 Game as well

:/

Maxman

Street Fighter 4 :'(

I know it has a large fanbase

but ****, many people seem to hate this game

*sits in a corner and cries*

Zero

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Mass Effect 3 -
Entire reason I played Mass Effect series was due to the ending controversy, wanted to see what the deal was. I didn't think it was that bad of a game, but ME2 was more enjoyable for me. I guess it helped that I didn't wait years between games, I got to play them all in one go.

Dragon Age 2-
I loved this game. Not that I don't love DA:O, but the gameplay is just so clunky in that one I'd rather just play DA2. Anders was my favorite character so the ending just blew me away (haha, bad joke.) Bring on DA:I!

Devil May Cry 2 -
This game started my long-time obsession with DMC series. It was the first of the DMC games I played, so maybe it's just sentimental value that makes me love this game. I don't care if Dante is different, although he really isn't, it's just most of the enemies don't talk so who the hell is he going to talk to besides Lucia? XD

Final Fantasy (Insert Number Here) -
I enjoyed every single FF game I've played. 13 DID make me rage a little bit (my poor controller.) but my second playthrough was much better than the first. I don't even care if it's a linear or open world FF, I love them all. Yes even, 10, 12 and 13. XD (I should add, I've never played the online ones.)

Elder Scrolls Oblivion/Skyrim-
Daggerfall players hated Morrowind. Morrowind players hated Oblivion. Oblivion players hated Skyrim. XD I loved them all, though my fave is still Oblivion, and that is mostly because the Oblivion Dark Brotherhood questline changed my life. Hail Sithis.

Maxman

Oh and THIS :

Inversion_coverart.jpg

I think this game gets a lot of hate than it actually deserves, I know its just basically a Gears of War with an Additional Gravity Mechanic Added to it, but man it is actually a lot of Fun to play through !
And I genuinely understand the Main Character Davis Russel's Motivations in the Game
Anyone in this Forum who is a Father of a Young Child can certainly get Davis very well,

:D

DragonMaster2010

Don't Let the Fall of America be Your Fall
Killer is Dead: Despite it's bits of clunkiness and confusing story, it's not TOO bad of a game.

DmC: Devil may Cry: Obvious reasons.

Lollipop Chainsaw: Yeah yeah cheerleader kills zombies with Chainsaw is SOOOO stupid. But for me, that sounds so stupid that it's awesome.

Captain Xin

Another thought:

Bullet Witch
fcc6bc5d351a51b76a0aee2df622d81d_full.jpg

What can I say, I just love causing magic meteor shower while blowing shxt up.
And I love that gun.

Although those snipers can go FXCK themselves.

Last edited:

Captain Xin

POP 2(Warrior within)
Prince_of_Persia_Warrior_Within_DVD_NTSC_Custom_f.jpg

Almost every Prince of Persia fan i know hates this game with a passion,the whole POP fanbase hates this game with a passion.. i dunno why.. this game was the BEST game in the series IMO it was non-linear,had a darker tone and the combat was just fun!
Speaking of POP, this.
Prince_of_Persia_2008_vg_Box_Art.jpg

Those music, those environment, and those relax feeling jumping from platform to platform.

It felt like being in a fairytale, riding with Aladin in that magic carpet or something.

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Speaking of POP, this.
Prince_of_Persia_2008_vg_Box_Art.jpg

Those music, those environment, and those relax feeling jumping from platform to platform.

It felt like being in a fairytale, riding with Aladin in that magic carpet or something.
At least i can understand where the hate for POP2008 comes from the combat sucked,the levels were just simply repetitive&uncreative and you couldn't even die in this game..

Captain Xin

At least i can understand where the hate for POP2008 comes from the combat sucked,the levels were just simply repetitive&uncreative and you couldn't even die in this game..
For me, I really enjoyed the level design.

I mean, it practically was the most colorful game in 2008. And the sense of exploring gets me every time.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

I mean, it practically was the most colorful game in 2008. And the sense of exploring gets me every time.
I don't get hate for PoP reboot either. It's very beautiful, has nice story and cool bosses each with his own story.
Another thought:

Bullet Witch
fcc6bc5d351a51b76a0aee2df622d81d_full.jpg

What can I say, I just love causing magic meteor shower while blowing shxt up.
And I love that gun.

Although those snipers can go FXCK themselves.
Is this one good? I wanted to pick it? :O

Captain Xin

Is this one good? I wanted to pick it? :O
This is Bullet Witch, a game on the Xbox 360 that had you played as a gun wielding witch in a post-apocalyptic world sending demon back to hell.

I wouldn't call it "great", since it got some questionable game design.(It's FUN to avoid getting crushed by your own tornado magic, while dealing with those one shot kill sniper rifle, right?.......) But at least I had a pretty good time causing meteor shower in New York.

Also, remember to get the Asian version of this game, I heard the north American version had some really laughable dialogue.
And there's that official patch on Xbox Live, which let you use the bigger magic on early stages.

Actually, take this as an example:

Last edited:

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
This is Bullet Witch, a game on the Xbox 360 that had you played as a gun wielding witch in a post-apocalyptic world sending demon back to hell.

I wouldn't call it "great", since it got some questionable game design.(It's FUN to avoid getting crushed by your own tornado magic, while dealing with those one shot kill sniper rifle, right?.......) But at least I had a pretty good time causing meteor shower in New York.

Also, remember to get the Asian version of this game, I heard the north American version had some really laughable dialogue.
And there's that official patch on Xbox Live, which let you use the bigger magic on early stages.

Actually, take this as an example:
Looks fun to me. Though I'm not sure how I feel about 1Hko stuff >_>

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
Don't confuse level design with ART direction,POP 2008 is one of the most beautiful games ever made but its actual level design is just tedious the whole game to me felt like wild goose hunt.. all you did was go around collecting white orbs and then restoring pastures... rinse&repeat the whole game! really? i expected more from an open-world POP game.

When i brought Alice:Madness returns i thought the levels were great mainly because it looked fantastic but when i played the American Mcgee's alice that came bundled with it i realized that it had way better level design despite having archaic graphics.

This is a great example of a great graphics doesn't always make a great game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom