• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games you like but everyone else hated?

Captain Xin

We've all come across these kind of games, games that you love but everyone else hated it to the bones, it may not be underrated, it just got demolished to the ground because of whatever the reasons behind it.

Well, here is it, the place for you to shout "that wasn't that bad!" to the world.:happy:

This is not another underrated game thread, These are simply games you enjoy while others don't.

Here's mine:

1663717-armored_core_5_logo.png

Splatterhouse_(2010_video_game).jpg

dmc-02.jpg

halo4-hero.jpg

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Agree with Splatterhouse:
Splatterhouse_%282010_video_game%29.jpg

Here are few more that I enjoyed, but most other people dont
DMC2FrontCover.jpg
250px-NeverDead_cover.png
_-Wet-PS3-_.jpg
617wiDIh5UL.jpg

Captain Xin

Agree with Splatterhouse:
Splatterhouse_%282010_video_game%29.jpg

Here are few more that I enjoyed, but most other people dont
DMC2FrontCover.jpg
250px-NeverDead_cover.png
_-Wet-PS3-_.jpg
617wiDIh5UL.jpg
I'll be honest, I like splatterhouse because of the blood. And I actually think some bugs and weird design choices puts me off in that game.
Hell, I encountered a glitch that forced me to turn off my Xbox!

And also, here's more :

AliceMadnessReturns.jpg

Max_Payne_3_Cover.jpg

SaintsRowIV.jpg

How can you not like it when this is the front cover of your game?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I'll be honest, I like splatterhouse because of the blood. And I actually think some bugs and weird design choices puts me off in that game.
Hell, I encountered a glitch that forced me to turn off my Xbox!
I like cell-shaded visuals, dialogues and boss design in it :) I don't remember having that bad glitches on Ps3, but it annoyed me with it's missing sound sequences. For example final boss fight has completely broken sound.

And also, here's more :

AliceMadnessReturns.jpg
Definitely! Loved playing it.

Somebody disliked it? :O I don't know a single person that played it and said it's a bad game....

Captain Xin

I like cell-shaded visuals, dialogues and boss design in it :) I don't remember having that bad glitches on Ps3, but it annoyed me with it's missing sound sequences. For example final boss fight has completely broken sound.

Definitely! Loved playing it.

Somebody disliked it? :O I don't know a single person that played it and said it's a bad game....
I heard Alice was cut off by EA to reach the production deadline, and I hated the doll house section, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

And let's not forget the part where you actually become a doll head, I almost gave up on this game during that section.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
I heard Alice was cut off by EA to reach the production deadline, and I hated the doll house section, it just left a bad taste in my mouth.

And let's not forget the part where you actually become a doll head, I almost gave up on this game during that section.
Really? why?

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Guess it's a personal thing, Those dolls were one thing, but the pinball was just going wherever it wants.

It's not challenging, it's not even fun, it's just unsettling and disturbing(to me at least.).
Well I think it should have been disturbing, since whole place, is creepy on completely different scale as rest of Wonderland. I think it's a lot to do with how Bumby was perverted, disgusting and twisted person and world he tried to crate in Alice head, was also disgusting and artificial.

Captain Xin

Well I think it should have been disturbing, since whole place, is creepy on completely different scale as rest of Wonderland. I think it's a lot to do with how Bumby was perverted, disgusting and twisted person and world he tried to crate in Alice head, was also disgusting and artificial.
Well then guess it's just too much for me then.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
- Duke Nukem Forever
Everyone hated this game just because it wasn't the "best game ever" like they wanted it to be after all those years, but then and even now, it's still a decent game and comes with all the Duke themes and fan service for the Duke fans, that's all it really was for, the fans.
Duke Nukem himself still has a place in gaming if gamers actually want diversity like gamers and developers claim.

- Predator Concrete Jungle
The game received negative reviews from pretty much every gaming site, but IMO this game is the best Predator game ever made, a surprisingly great story, great fan service, good gameplay, good stealth gameplay, satisfying extras etc.
I'll never understand why this game was so poorly received, it's awesome.

- Ninja Gaiden 3 Razor's Edge
I understand completely why NG3 is hated and yes, it sucks, however I enjoyed Razor's Edge a lot, it upgraded the gameplay, made it more challenging, satisfying and just more fun in general, the game wasn't perfect, but since it had so much of what I want in a video game I just had a blast with the game, each boss battle shocking me after the next, from a T-Rex to a giant semi-naked women with a sword, it's my kind of game, I really wish they did better from the start with NG3, but Razor's Edge did enough for me to have a lot of fun.

- Freekstyle
The best FMX game EVER made and you will NEVER convince me otherwise, however from what I've seen recently the game hasn't been that well received by modern reviewers, maybe it's just they aren't much into MX games, but f**k them, this game is f**king badass, the riders, the bikes, the tracks and the tricks and incredibly nuts.
I can watch the intro over and over and never get bored.
Also this is one of the few if not the only FMX game that actually has female riders in it and that makes it even better.

- Quake 4
It's commonly the least liked game in the Quake franchise by most of the fans and even a lot of gamers, but I really like this Quake game, it takes place after Quake 2(my favorite in the series) and has a really epic and lengthy campaign along with some great horror/sci fi themes and a hell of an antagonist.

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
all the 3D sonic games (except unleashed and the secret ring)
but the one i like the most is shadow the hedgehog
ya the story is ridiculous but i still love it
250px-Shadow_the_Hedgehog_Box_Art.jpg

when i was 10 i thought it was the coolest thing ever now i think its hilarious

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
DMC2
Ninja blade
Lolipop chainsaw
Lost planet 2
Ninja gaiden Z

My friends hated all of these
There are more but i can't think of em

berto

I Saw the Devil
I definitely loved Suda51 games. Cheezy confusing weirdness all the way.

Also
Child_of_Eden.jpeg

ROCKMAN X

Keyser Söze
POP 2(Warrior within)
Prince_of_Persia_Warrior_Within_DVD_NTSC_Custom_f.jpg

Almost every Prince of Persia fan i know hates this game with a passion,the whole POP fanbase hates this game with a passion.. i dunno why.. this game was the BEST game in the series IMO it was non-linear,had a darker tone and the combat was just fun!

Street fighter EX3
151290-Street_Fighter_EX3_(USA)-1.jpg

Seriously why on earth isn't this more popular? it has better controls,has actual fu*king 3d environment,more interesting characters with unique moveset and projectiles&super moves aren't really overpowered,sure it wasn't as good as tekken or King of fighters but it sure as hell is better than SF4 and it only comes to show that SF fans don't like anything new.

Smackdown VS Raw 2008
wwe_smackdown_vs_raw_2008_pal.jpg

This game gets SOOO much hate from the fans of the SVR series for almost trivial reasons ironically this the only game in SVR series i enjoyed the most it had a kickass soundtrack,the character moves were fluid and way better than SVR 07 and the roster was also the best in the entire SVR series,unlike most people i actually enjoyed the 24/7 mode and the addition of superstar fighting styles and i had so much fun playing with my friends so i just don't get why people hate this game.

Last edited:
Top Bottom