• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games That Deserve Another Installment (Besides Devil May Cry)

berto

I Saw the Devil
Oh, man, I forgot about this game. This needs a sequel ASAP. Damn YOU, Square! Get to it! It's been years and no, the fan made one does not count!!!!
tumblr_nhpboeETvb1rkrwaco1_500.jpg

berto

I Saw the Devil
There is nothing Mexican about that game. Most of those aren't even real Piñatas, there's one donkey and that's it! Where are all the Disney character piñatas, the star piñatas, the spider-man, the Donald Trump, the Goku piñatas?

DDutchguy

DmC hype
Prototype 3 pls. Alright I know that the developers are bankrupt, it wouldn't make sense story-wise to have another and that I'm probably the only one that wants this. I just need my superpowered shapeshifter fix.

Teal

A self-diagnosed misanthrope
I just realized I totally forgot to mention Metal Gear Rising. I'd love another installment of that game. Shame Platinum are too busy making cashgrab tie-ins while Konami is determined to ruin the Metal Gear ip.

No More Heroes 3 or a Killer 7 sequel wouldn't go amiss either, at least not with Suda51 on the helm.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
duke_nukem_forever.jpg

Gearbox and Randy have confirmed another game is coming time and time again, but we're half a decade past the release of DNF and nothing has been shown yet, which is sad considering 2016 is 25th Anniversary of the franchise.
But Duke deserves a big comeback, especially now that FPSs are returning to old school format.

Well how about that?
sgresgs_by_wesker500-dafe6jm.png

http://dukenukem.com/index/

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If Duke Nukem is to make a return, he needs to redefine himself. One of the biggest problems with Duke Nukem Forever was the lack of general self awareness and parody. The game literally thought Duke was the coolest mofo around. Making him have less depth than the action heroes he ripped off. But let's get one thing straight, Duke isn't cool. And the games need to remember that.

If Duke is to return, to make the game legitimately amusing, is they need to deconstruct the character. They need to actually make him a parody of action heroes and the typical generic video game protagonist. Copying one liners from action heroes, isn't parodying. If the point was to be a comedy character, then they have failed.

Honestly, Duke Nukem needs to break the delusion surrounding himself. Never once have I seen Duke poke fun at himself or do stuff that takes him down a peg. Everything around him is there to fulfill his own personal urges. And quite frankly it just comes off as braindead stupid. He's not a admirable character in any sense of the word. Why act like it? And Duke himself, is f#cking delusional. There's no sense of irony within him.

Duke Nukem should take a page from Big Trouble in Little China. Kurt Russel's character in that film was meant to mock action heroes of the time that Duke tries to imitate. If you watch the film, you see how he is actually pretty incompetent and the real hero is his Asian buddy who kicks way more ass than him.

I'm not saying we make the game's protagonist somehow a weakling, but Duke needs to be put in his place. The developers need to stop taking the character seriously. Because they are bound to fail every single time.

I know you're bound to say that this is a terrible idea, but wake up and smell the roses dudebro, Duke Nukem......is lame. He's not cool. He's not funny. He's a delusional un-ironic TOOL.

You can still have the gameplay mechanics as old school and nostalgia pandering as you like though, that doesn't have to change. It worked for Doom, it will wok for Duke.

But if the character doesn't wake the hell up, he's better off dead. I'll stick to Doom than suffer through another Duke Nukem Forever.

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
If Duke Nukem is to make a return, he needs to redefine himself. One of the biggest problems with Duke Nukem Forever was the lack of general self awareness and parody. The game literally thought Duke was the coolest mofo around. Making him have less depth than the action heroes he ripped off. But let's get one thing straight, Duke isn't cool. And the games need to remember that.

If Duke is to return, to make the game legitimately amusing, is they need to deconstruct the character. They need to actually make him a parody of action heroes and the typical generic video game protagonist. Copying one liners from action heroes, isn't parodying. If the point was to be a comedy character, then they have failed.

Honestly, Duke Nukem needs to break the delusion surrounding himself. Never once have I seen Duke poke fun at himself or do stuff that takes him down a peg. Everything around him is there to fulfill his own personal urges. And quite frankly it just comes off as braindead stupid. He's not a admirable character in any sense of the word. Why act like it? And Duke himself, is f#cking delusional. There's no sense of irony within him.

Duke Nukem should take a page from Big Trouble in Little China. Kurt Russel's character in that film was meant to mock action heroes of the time that Duke tries to imitate. If you watch the film, you see how he is actually pretty incompetent and the real hero is his Asian buddy who kicks way more ass than him.

I'm not saying we make the game's protagonist somehow a weakling, but Duke needs to be put in his place. The developers need to stop taking the character seriously. Because they are bound to fail every single time.

I know you're bound to say that this is a terrible idea, but wake up and smell the roses dudebro, Duke Nukem......is lame. He's not cool. He's not funny. He's a delusional un-ironic TOOL.

You can still have the gameplay mechanics as old school and nostalgia pandering as you like though, that doesn't have to change. It worked for Doom, it will wok for Duke.

But if the character doesn't wake the hell up, he's better off dead. I'll stick to Doom than suffer through another Duke Nukem Forever.
So much wrong!

If Gearbox is going to move forward with the franchise they should focus more on being badass and cool as opposed to a parody of itself. Duke3D, TTK, Zero Hour, LOTB and Manhattan Project all succeeded in being action driven titles that came off as being cool and stylish while Forever drifted into this weird sort of comedy focused thing throwing tits into your face and saying/doing things that came off as being unnecessary, out of character, and often in poor taste.
Didn't stop me from enjoying it though.

Don't really need to worry anyway cause Duke isn't changing much in terms of his character.
They're making him post all kinds of signature Duke talk on Twitter.

So yeah, Duke's still Duke and that IS cool!

Last edited:

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Metal gear rising 2 with Raiden in Liberia. He is haunted by his child soldier days during the Liberian civil war so aving him return to Liberia all these years later feels like a good way to do another one.

Enslaved odyssey to the west 2/spinoff. I enjoyed it and wouldn't mind another spin in thst world.

Star wars the force unleashed but with a new lead and a new story. The events of the first two were rendered noncanon by the Star wars Story group that oversees the canon after the Disney purchase. You could always reboot him but he was limited by the events of the original trilogy so it's best to create someone new or use someone else to anchor the story.

Ninja Gaiden SNES remake
People have wondered how the SNES trilogy fit into the new canon established by the new games.

I thought a cool way of tieing it in would be to retcon them as the adventures of Joe Ryu's father.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
Duke Nukem is about as badass and cool as a kiddie pool with flames painted on them.

What?

You made an entire post telling someone you know clearly loves Duke Nukem about how they should improve him as a character. Explained why he wasn't 'cool' as if expecting them to agree (which they obviously wouldn't). Then when they don't agree you just continue to bash what they like anyway just because you have a different view. That...doesn't even make sense. Because what were you trying to achieve? You knew he probably wouldn't agree with you. And anyway, again with the way in which you put forward your points. You can do it without trashing everything about whatever it is you're talking about. It's like you're giving constructive criticism whilst at the same time destructive criticism. Either you're making a valuable point one way or the other, but trying to mix both together just seems a bit...redundant. I honestly don't mind you sharing your view, but mostly when you do it just comes off as an attempt to put someone else down for liking something. And that's not cool.

EA9Sol

For Sanguinius!
These are the games I'd like to have a sequel to:
Beyond Good & Evil; Very good story and great characters. Would be nice if they actually make a sequel to this one.

Skies of Arcadia; I love the story and the air ship battles were awesome!

Evolution: The World of Sacred Device; It was a fun dungeon crawler that I sunk hours playing when I was a kid. Would like to see another on made.

Top Bottom