• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Games That Deserve Another Installment (Besides Devil May Cry)

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Whether it be in the form of a sequel, or a reinvigorating reboot/remake, what video games do you think deserve another shot? Don't put games that already have allegedly revivals or sequels in the works. Here's my list.

Eternal Darkness
a7ed00edd7ddbb8c6ed0e80233652ff73806c3d2_hq.jpg

-This was an unfairly overlooked horror game for the Gamecube that had a really cool gimmick going for it. When your character's sanity dropped, a lot of weird things would happen. For the game showcasing your demise without it really happening, to reversing your controls and even threatening you with corrupted save files. This game was a trip. Can you imagine the trippy stuff they can do with that Gamepad if they brought it back for the WiiU? Come on Nintendo. This one is begging to be made.

Mad World
250px-MadWorld.jpg

-Platinum is responsible for some pretty good action games, but this is probably my personal favorite game from them. So over the top, so violent, so fun. Mad World had you playing as a guy named Jack who is participating in a murderous battle royale broadcast on live TV. There was so many inventive ways to kill, and OVERKILL your enemies. And the graphical style in the vein of stuff like Sin City, effing beautiful. Another one please.

Bushido Blade
Bushido_Blade_Preview.jpg

-
Back on the Playstation, Square made a fighting game that was different than all the others. And that was Bushido Blade. Playing as a multitude of Japanese warriors, you fought to the death in sword fights. However, instead of life bars, striking vital areas was key to killing your opponent. Matches could be over INSTANTLY if you were fast enough to land a critical strike, so you had to really be on your toys to protect yourself. Man I spent hours playing this with friends back in the day. I wanna see another.

Metroid Prime
250px-MetroidPrimebox.jpg

-Ok, we need another REAL Metroid Prime game. None of this Federation Force nonsense. We need to step back in the shoes of Samus Aran, look out her visor, and blast some aliens. Metroid Prime 4 NOW Nintendo. Everyone wants it.

Jet Force Gemini
jet_force_gemini_box_by_cavea-d8in784.jpg

-
Back when Rare was king, they made this little gem. You got to play as a dude, a chick, and a dog fighting alien ants. IT WAS COOL. I'd like another one and really hope that it's done well.

Primal Rage
11117_front.jpg

-A Prehistoric fighting game where you got to duke it out as giant apes and dinosaurs. NEED I SAY MORE?

Super Mario RPG
SuperMarioRPGSNESCoverArtUS.jpg

-
Sure Mario had success with this genre with stuff like Paper Mario and the even better and utterly fantastic Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, but wouldn't it be nice to get a legitimate sequel or something to this particular Mario game?

Viewtiful Joe
250px-VJbox.jpg

-
If you haven't played any of these, do yourself a favor and get on that. Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2 were so much fun. I want a third installment.

Tenchu:Stealth Assassins
tenchu-stealth-assassins-usa.jpg

-It was a ninja game that actually had you do ninja things. Not just hack people up. You had to be all sneaky and kill your targets using stealth.

F-ZERO
F-zeroGX.png

-Seriously Nintendo, WHERE THE HELL IS F-ZERO?!

Star Wars: Republic Commando

header.jpg

-Not even the biggest Star Wars fan, but this game was pretty sweet. It was a squad based shooter set in the star wars universe.

Red Dead Redemption
red-dead-redemption.png

-There are rumors floating around of a follow up in development, but nothing solid so as far as we're concerned, another Red Dead isn't happening at the moment. However, it's about damn time we get a follow up to RDR which is what I considered to be one of the best games of last generation, and probably in a best games of all time list.

Destroy All Humans
Destroy_All_Humans_box_art_for_the_PlayStation_2.jpg

-I got to play as a malevolent little alien who shot anal probes in to people's butts. It was awesome. I want a new game in this series. It was so much fun.

Custom Robo
256px-Crbox.jpg

-Not many people remember this game, and to be honest, it wasn't that great, but man could it be fun. This was a fun little fighting game that had you customizing your own little robots and battling your friends in little arenas. It has potential to be great. With deeper customization options, and online multiplayer modes, a Custom Robo reboot or sequel could be a ton of fun.

Anyway, so I'll stop here even though I could think of more. So what about you? What games should make a return?

Lain

Earthbound Immortal
Premium
  • Prince of Persia
Not the Sands of Time series but the 2008 reboot that never got a sequel. Despite being a genuinely good game, and imo superior to the SoT trilogy.
  • Viewtiful Joe
The second game left off on a massive sequel hook. So sad they never addressed that.
  • Kyle Hyde/Another Code
I'm grouping these two series together as they were made by the same company that went under. Damn if these games weren't such a blast to play. C'mon, Nintendo. You own the rights to the series now and you certainly got the cash to burn!

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
Jak and daxter
75230352.jpg

It was my favorite playstation series and I'm bummed its not getting a next gen sequel nor even a animated movie like Sly and Rachet. It's complicated because of the hodgepodge nature of Jak and Daxter plus the creator shift in Naughty Dog as most of the Jak and daxter team has left for other opportunities.

They did try to do a reboot which feels like a good way to go since they could have their own seperate take and the story of Jak and Daxter ended in a good way.

So maybe another crack at it would be ideal.

Prince of Persia
Prince_of_Persia_2008_vg_Box_Art.jpg

Another game series I really enjoyed and I feel the reboot was a step forward, just needed better gameplay because it was lacking in difficulty.

I'm not interested in Sands of time as his story ended so i'm for giving the prince of thieves and Elika another chance or if they just wanna create a new story go ahead.

A new Prince for a new Gen sounds about right.

LordOfDarkness

The Dark Avenger © †
Premium Elite
Premium
Supporter 2014
Xen-Omni 2020
What was wrong with the original PoP series? Those games were great. The only thing I credit the Prince of Persia game over the original series is probably the graphics, or more so the style. Gameplay wise it never really caught my attention in the same way.

Anywho, some of mine and some others have already said;

Crash Bandicoot

Primal

Destroy All Humans

DmC

Bully

LA Noire

xMobilemux

I'll just get right to the ass kicking.
Supporter 2014
duke_nukem_forever.jpg

Gearbox and Randy have confirmed another game is coming time and time again, but we're half a decade past the release of DNF and nothing has been shown yet, which is sad considering 2016 is 25th Anniversary of the franchise.
But Duke deserves a big comeback, especially now that FPSs are returning to old school format.

Tomb_Raider_-_Underworld.png

That garbage that came out in 2013 is not Tomb Raider.
We deserve a proper sequel to the great adventure series with it's identity intact.

Ninja_Gaiden_(2004_video_game).png

NG3 wasn't all that bad when things were fixed up with Razors Edge, but we still need another top notch NG game that has zero concerns with the casual audience.

FC3_Blood_Dragon_Cover.jpg

None of this Primal crap, Blood Dragon was the only good thing to come out of the Far Cry franchise since the first game and it needs a full length sequel!

Quake4box.jpg

That Overwatch clone that Bethesda is crapping out isn't what we wanted from Quake, Quake needs to return to the Strogg story line!

250px-SiN_Episodes_-_Emergence_-_Box_Front.jpg

Damn that cliffhanger! I doubt we'll episode 2, but SIN needs to make a comeback! Also bring back Bianca Beauchamp as Elexis!

Is that official box art? I want it!

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Prince of Persia (2008)

Prince_of_Persia_2008_vg_Box_Art.jpg

Okay okay, they kind of ****ed up with it. Boring one on one fights, repetitiveness and for God's sake, the inability to die, and a stupid ending. I recognize that the only good things were probably the art style and the platforming, but at the same time, it was a game that had great potential. I'm not asking for a return to the franchise former glory, back at the SoT days, but at least make an effort to improve on this and make it the game it should have been in 2008.

Beyond Good and Evil

29520-beyond-good-evil-windows-front-cover.jpg

Glad to see other people including this in their list. I recently replayed this game and realized how much I need a sequel, which is apparently in development hell, so it's not sure at all that it will see the light.

Neverwinter Nights

Neverwinter_Nights_cover.jpg

I did not dig NWN2 all that much and the F2P MMORPG did keep me for some time but didn't feel like Neverwinter Nights. Just realize that this game needs to go back to Bioware and make a true sequel already.

And of course, to NOT FORGET.

devil_may_cry_anime_logo_by_aliceieous-d87cegc.png

For the love of God, Capcom.

EDIT:
Did the title say "besides Devil May Cry" from the start? I didn't notice it till just now. Oh well.

Last edited:

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
Yes it said "Besides Devil May Cry" from the start. We don't need every post here mentioning it. We're on a Devil May Cry forum all begging for something to prove to us the series just isn't dead.

Psychonauts 2.

I would have also put Psychonauts 2 because I absolutely love the first game, but a sequel is in the works. So we can rejoice.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
I remember hearing they tried to crowdfund an Eternal Darkness sequel but some controversy over the creative lead Denis Dyack stopped them from hitting their goal. They said they'd work on it without the crowdfunding, but eventually they quietly disappeared. Shadow of the Eternals I think the game was called.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Normally, whenever these kind of topics come up, for the past ten years, the immediate answer I would respond with would be "NEW STAR FOX, NOW." Buuuuut, recent events actually graced me with one after years of pleading. So, here's everything else on my usual list.

-Red Steel 2
383983.jpg

-Star Wars Jedi Academy
star-wars-jedi-knight-jedi-academy-wallpaper.jpg

-The Darkness II
ym0iu2sn74q4s9oha1s7.jpg

-Samurai Shodown
246kfux.jpg

-Onimusha
onimusha-sur-1.jpg

-Binary Domain

binary_domain_wallpaper_by_casval_lem_daikun-d58oxx4.jpg

-Call of Juarez
61458d1369356415-call-juarez-gunslinger-videorecensione-ita-hd-720p-427861_10151273433625409_1901393261_n.jpg

-Shadow Hearts
04.jpg

-Tenchu
Tenchu_Z_Wallpaper_0001_Main-ID.jpg

-Castlevania
RPGPS2-2.jpg

And above all, at top priority for me...

-Soul Calibur
68602acb.jpg

Namco. For the love of all that is holy, stop aggressively flogging Dark Souls and Tales for five minutes, and give us SoulCalibur VI.

DreadnoughtDT

God of Hyperdeath
Premium
Supporter 2014
Oh yeah here's one that's never gonna happen... Hey Namco, can we get that remake of Klonoa 2? Or a sequel? Please?

Top Bottom