• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future of DMC thread

Erian1Mortal

Premium
I think Nero has a hard time as a new Protagonist because he is so similar to Dante.
If V had been the new main protagonist in DMC4 and they had been building upon his gameplay in 5 such a transition would be way easier.
But Nero is essentially Dante with less options and a gimmick (at least in 4 it felt that way for many).
It also didn't help that his design was also pretty similar to Dante's in 4, as well as some of his mannerisms.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, if you're going for a new protagonist, don't do a copy & past job, either make it a new character or leave it at the old cast.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I'm on the fence about Dante keeping the reigns or Nero taking over but I'm hoping DMC6 blows me away.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'm on the fence about Dante keeping the reigns or Nero taking over but I'm hoping DMC6 blows me away.

Just hope DMC6 will bring something special to the table.

With Nero's DBs, just imagine the DMC world going technological but still involving demonology & sorcery. Just imagine a new corporation or Uroboros would be responsible for these changes since Red Grave City was attacked. Smartphones & smartwatches will be added somehow and the old antiques will still be around for its uses with the DMC crew.

There'll be those who'd steal schematics from Nico's Devil Breaker designs and they'd be used by the new company, even terrorist groups associating with demons. That includes all kinds of scientific projects with demons. Like creating their own hybrids - their own Spardas like Dante & Vergil.

They could make anti-demon weaponry. And in secret, they associate with powerful demon bosses for their experiments in creating hybrids, even beg for Mundus to take the deal in return that they'll make him more powerful than he was and come back to conquer the Human World.

If Mundus does return, he'd be better get a human form that's better than the DmC one! Imagine like Deus from Asura's Wrath.

Picard

Starfleet Demon
With Nero's DBs, just imagine the DMC world going technological but still involving demonology & sorcery. Just imagine a new corporation or Uroboros would be responsible for these changes since Red Grave City was attacked. Smartphones & smartwatches will be added somehow and the old antiques will still be around for its uses with the DMC crew.

Demons posting their rampages on Twitter and Instagram. :D

You could have demons merging with / possessing technology... imagine fighting a possessed MBT or something.

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
I nominate a weakened Mundus possessing Sparda's corpse or pretending to be Sparda before being found out.

Honestly, I'm in the place as Berto-sempai ;) but maybe Nero could pick up on Dante's shortcomings.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Wonder how they'll redevelop Lucia for next game? DMC2 was flawed.

Dante rejected her.

If no Lucia, a new demoness, as a way to help Dante learn to embrace his demon half while Vergil tries to learn to embrace his human half.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I'd love to see a new cast for each DMC game like 1-3 did. I really liked Nico and V and I've personally had enough of Lady and Trish for a few games. Don't know how to feel about Dante stepping down but if done right I can accept it. Wouldn't mind seeing Lucia again but seeing they did to her in Before the Nightmare, I think I'll pass.

The more I play 2 though the more I like the idea of demons possessing human items and I'd love to that approuch more fleshed out.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I'd love to see a new cast for each DMC game like 1-3 did. I really liked Nico and V and I've personally had enough of Lady and Trish for a few games. Don't know how to feel about Dante stepping down but if done right I can accept it. Wouldn't mind seeing Lucia again but seeing they did to her in Before the Nightmare, I think I'll pass.

The more I play 2 though the more I like the idea of demons possessing human items and I'd love to that approuch more fleshed out.

What are your thoughts for future characters joining DMC? Any hunters & huntresses? Even villains?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
What are your thoughts for future characters joining DMC? Any hunters & huntresses? Even villains?

Like personal idea's on hunters and what they'd be like? I guess I wouldn't mind seeing more young hunters inspired by Dante since he popularized Demon hunting in the novel. Or maybe someone like Beryl whose just a normal person who has a strange ability. I guess more "normal" characters that aren't really connected to Sparda. I feel the series has unitentionally warped itself around the Sparda family and thats kinda lame.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Like personal idea's on hunters and what they'd be like? I guess I wouldn't mind seeing more young hunters inspired by Dante since he popularized Demon hunting in the novel. Or maybe someone like Beryl whose just a normal person who has a strange ability. I guess more "normal" characters that aren't really connected to Sparda. I feel the series has unitentionally warped itself around the Sparda family and thats kinda lame.

Well for me, with Nero now looking after things while his father & uncle are in the demon world, he's bound to face anything technological associating with demons. Someone will attempt to create their own hybrids to match Sparda's kin. They feel Nero is incomplete due to a lack of demon blood.

It would be nice if Dante met a demoness in the Underworld to be the future love of his life and give birth to a daughter instead of a son.

I think we'll be seeing more hybrids but outside the Sparda family, become hunters & huntresses themselves.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
Well for me, with Nero now looking after things while his father & uncle are in the demon world, he's bound to face anything technological associating with demons. Someone will attempt to create their own hybrids to match Sparda's kin. They feel Nero is incomplete due to a lack of demon blood.

It would be nice if Dante met a demoness in the Underworld to be the future love of his life and give birth to a daughter instead of a son.

I think we'll be seeing more hybrids but outside the Sparda family, become hunters & huntresses themselves.

I wouldn't mind seeing more hybrids especially since I remember the anime having a demon/human couple later in the show. I honestly don't know if they'll do a more technological route instead of the more gothic look since only 2 and the reboot really go for it more than the usual urban streets like 3,4, and 5 did in the early levels.

I don't know if Dante will ever get with anyone unless its hypothetically in like a DMC 8 or 9 or the future SO is heavily apart of the plot. If it would be anyone he knew it would be Lucia since 5 kicks lady off the list and Trish is his mothers literal image. But at the same time the DMC5 novel turns Lucia into an anime tsundere who likes Dante and he just ignores it so whatever. I wouldn't mind though if Sparda had other offspring running around since he'd been in the human world for over 2000 years.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I wouldn't mind seeing more hybrids especially since I remember the anime having a demon/human couple later in the show. I honestly don't know if they'll do a more technological route instead of the more gothic look since only 2 and the reboot really go for it more than the usual urban streets like 3,4, and 5 did in the early levels.

I don't know if Dante will ever get with anyone unless its hypothetically in like a DMC 8 or 9 or the future SO is heavily apart of the plot. If it would be anyone he knew it would be Lucia since 5 kicks lady off the list and Trish is his mothers literal image. But at the same time the DMC5 novel turns Lucia into an anime tsundere who likes Dante and he just ignores it so whatever. I wouldn't mind though if Sparda had other offspring running around since he'd been in the human world for over 2000 years.

The gothic route will still be around, just some technological themes. Who knows? Have some new corporation after Uroboros trying to replicate Sparda’s genetics with Eva’s. They’ll try to do the same thing with how Dante and Vergil are born.

How would Sparda have other offspring outside the Sparda twins!? That’d feel like Joseph Joestar giving birth to Josuke from the Japanese woman.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
The gothic route will still be around, just some technological themes. Who knows? Have some new corporation after Uroboros trying to replicate Sparda’s genetics with Eva’s. They’ll try to do the same thing with how Dante and Vergil are born.

How would Sparda have other offspring outside the Sparda twins!? That’d feel like Joseph Joestar giving birth to Josuke from the Japanese woman.
Lol I consider it more like Hohenheim in the 2003 FMA where Sparda had kids long before meeting Eva and falling in love with her and not Sparda cheating on his wife lol. It'd be interesting but I'd rather not have Sparda being a focus in later games, there were probably other big name demons besides Sparda and like in 2 it would be interesting to see more aspects of the demon world.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Lol I consider it more like Hohenheim in the 2003 FMA where Sparda had kids long before meeting Eva and falling in love with her and not Sparda cheating on his wife lol. It'd be interesting but I'd rather not have Sparda being a focus in later games, there were probably other big name demons besides Sparda and like in 2 it would be interesting to see more aspects of the demon world.

I would hope for other demons like Sparda.

DMC has two sons, how about twin daughters from another family outside of Sparda? Wonder how to make that work?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I would hope for other demons like Sparda.

DMC has two sons, how about twin daughters from another family outside of Sparda? Wonder how to make that work?
I wouldn't mind seeing twin sisters incorporated somehow in future titles whether as allies or enemies, I can see it being very visually appealing don't know how it would work story wise besides if they were a minor boss or something. I wouldn't mind if the gang fought some kind of demon from old demon lore or something along those lines. Or exploring ruins like in 2, I'd love for something really atmospheric like 1 and 2 were.

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
If a daughter of Dante was made, how would you make her unique as Nero?
Probably as a secondary character since personality wise she'd probably be more quiet w/underlying passion more like Vergil than Dante, so the opposite of how Nero is. It wouldn't work so much if she's the main character since it's already been done with Nero.

Gameplay wise more rogue-ish than anything so knives instead of guns with quick daggers or a rapier for fast quick attacks. I'd try to go unique since magic or brute force styles have already been done.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Probably as a secondary character since personality wise she'd probably be more quiet w/underlying passion more like Vergil than Dante, so the opposite of how Nero is. It wouldn't work so much if she's the main character since it's already been done with Nero.

Gameplay wise more rogue-ish than anything so knives instead of guns with quick daggers or a rapier for fast quick attacks. I'd try to go unique since magic or brute force styles have already been done.

I would've went for a whip sword like Ivy's. Butterfly knives be fitting?

meg5493

Praise the Sun!
I would've went for a whip sword like Ivy's. Butterfly knives be fitting?
I could see a whip if it fit the characters personality. Though honestly its hard to imagine Dante even having a kid after 5 and I can only really picture it if he was out of the picture.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Who wants to see Vergil fall into a dream state where his question is answered in a what-if scenario?

“that day, if our positions were switched... would our fates... be different? Would I have your life? And you mine?”

It can happen while Dante and Vergil are in the underworld. Their roles are reversed in that dream.

In fact this dream would be a sign for Vergil that it can be a path of redemption for next game. When he fights alongside his son.

Top Bottom