• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Future of DMC thread

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
@Picard Well just thought about Rebellion's design being demon & undead. Since Soulcalibur V's version of Soul Edge for Pyrrha. Imagine Vergil's new sword with a human face like SCV's Soulcalibur for Patroklos.

• Someone trained under Machiavelli makes a new sword for Vergil while in the demon world.
  • Vergil uses it in combat in the same way he used Yamato & Force Edge at the time
  • If Nero's mother gets transformed into a demon, Vergil is forced to kill her, in order to set her soul free. Her soul or essence will be one with the new sword.
  • Vergil impales himself with the broken Yamato. True, Yamato splits man from demon, but with the new sword he carries with the soul/essence of Nero's mother, it prevents Yamato's ability and both swords become one turning into Devil Sword Vergil. As Dante learned to embrace the demon part of him, Vergil does the opposite.

Last edited:

ef9dante_oSsshea

Premium
Xen-Omni 2020
Honestly my perfect scenario for a DMC finale , and the most poetic would be a big bad (maybe the first ever demon) that is so powerful Vergil sacrifices himself against it to protect Dante and Nero , then bloodlusted Dante combines devil sword Dante with Yamato and gains the trinity of spardas power , adding it to Dante's own incredible power

Vergil could go through a legitimate character growth over the course of the game and bond with not only Nero , but Dante aswell

Vergil fighting for something other than himself realises they can't beat this demon as they are, and knowing they will die fighting him that way he knocks out Nero and tricks Dante and seals himself in to fight this demon alone knowing he will lose

Dante then combines dsd with Yamato, and he kicks the big guys ass and seals himself in another dimension too as the power is too much and he knows it will lead to bad things and possibly corrupt him

And as a parting gift he gives ebony and ivory to Nero and entrusts everything to him

Dante then fights endless waves of demons in the place he is in for eternity and is happy there , and it turns out the place is a sort of purgatory as Vergil and sparda are there with him and they all fight together forever

The end

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Honestly my perfect scenario for a DMC finale , and the most poetic would be a big bad (maybe the first ever demon) that is so powerful Vergil sacrifices himself against it to protect Dante and Nero , then bloodlusted Dante combines devil sword Dante with Yamato and gains the trinity of spardas power , adding it to Dante's own incredible power

Vergil could go through a legitimate character growth over the course of the game and bond with not only Nero , but Dante aswell

Vergil fighting for something other than himself realises they can't beat this demon as they are, and knowing they will die fighting him that way he knocks out Nero and tricks Dante and seals himself in to fight this demon alone knowing he will lose

Dante then combines dsd with Yamato, and he kicks the big guys ass and seals himself in another dimension too as the power is too much and he knows it will lead to bad things and possibly corrupt him

And as a parting gift he gives ebony and ivory to Nero and entrusts everything to him

Dante then fights endless waves of demons in the place he is in for eternity and is happy there , and it turns out the place is a sort of purgatory as Vergil and sparda are there with him and they all fight together forever

The end
I mean kinda cool, but the end there sounds a little to close to DMC5's own ending. I like Dante giving Nero Ebony and Ivory, that actually sounds like a nice touch.

Personally though, I still think they should bring back Mundus, he is the only demon Dante's never been able to defeat. With Dante and Vergil both trapped in the demon world, it makes sense for Mundus to attempt to gather power and take over the human world. With no one but Nero to step up like his uncle, and grandfather before him, and take him out.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups!
I am not worried for the future of DMC at this point, and I look forward to the direction the series takes next. Since Nero will be taking over for the next couple installments, I hope he gets some new swords and weapons that aren't devil breakers. Obviously, they're gonna have new characters to play as. Storywise, I like 5, even it's a repeat of 3. There are a lot of ties or callbacks to the first game, and Dante is more like a combination of his self from 3 & 1. Dante from 4, I never disliked, but it was him obviously on a power trip/ mini-vacation with all of the events going on in that game.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
I am not worried for the future of DMC at this point, and I look forward to the direction the series takes next. Since Nero will be taking over for the next couple installments, I hope he gets some new swords and weapons that aren't devil breakers. Obviously, they're gonna have new characters to play as. Storywise, I like 5, even it's a repeat of 3. There are a lot of ties or callbacks to the first game, and Dante is more like a combination of his self from 3 & 1. Dante from 4, I never disliked, but it was him obviously on a power trip/ mini-vacation with all of the events going on in that game.

I’m worried about the series myself. It has so much potential to continue on. They’ve introduced Sparda’s line, can they introduce new demons like him that will follow his path and give rise to new generations? And I hate to see Dante alone the rest of his life, even though he has his brother back.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anyone thought of rivals for Nero?

How about someone who's personality's like Joseph Joestar from JJBA: Battle Tendency?

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Im hoping P+ games gets to do a DMC game

Considering their track record of low selling games, that wouldn't be a good omen for DMC. Franchise just resurrected, I don't wanna see it buried again.

And that's not even getting into their gameplay design practices that I don't like.

Erian1Mortal

Premium
To be honest, I don't see the future of DMC with Dante, Vergil and Nero.
The sons of Sparda story is pretty much over and done with.
Nero could potentially have a stand alone game.
Trish and Lady could get a smaller scale spin off.
Or give me new characters alltogether, just to do some worldbuilding.

All in all, I think DMC needs some overall structure tweaks. Like the mission structure is holding the games back in a way.
I'd be for re-arranging it. Make it like Arkham Asylum or Arkham City, in that you have a Metroidvania Style map, with scripted missions in there (which could be ranked by series tradition). Have those sections be replayable at save points or something. Otherwise they just become part of the map filled with secrets or something.
I mean look at DMC1 and DMC3, if you take out the mission structure, it kinda becomes like this already. Only now you can kinda open up the world a little and fill it with meaningfull side content.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Anybody thought of new characters? If you could check out JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

Any way to bring out new Devil Hunters & Huntresses. Any good fashion senses to bring into the franchise? Something not just punkish, grungy & gothic, but also sporty, hip-hop & bohemian?

V's patron

be loyal to what matters
@Foxtrot94
I thought it was a good PR move but im not that up-to-date with their reputation so im not attached to it.

@Erian1Mortal
I agree but a new lead would be an uphill battle. Granted maybe DMC6 could be the right time.

@Ronin
Just use the cast of Darkstalkers.

Ronin

Let's rock, baby!
Isn't anybody worried as I am? No future left for DMC after 5? I feel like turning into an old man. No time left... and unsure of what comes next....

Top Bottom