• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full trailer for DMC4 SE

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Mostly because it was used to pad the game twice in a game that already scorned players by making them backtrack. At its best, you can pop the dice how you want and skip the puzzle - making the game shorter. At its worst, you get stuck in having to fight for the puzzle - making the game longer in one of the cheapest ways possible.

The dice game is just silly.

Ah, but so useful for farming orbs. ;) I do agree that having it twice was kind of ridiculous, but...*shrug* It really wasn't a pet-peeve of mine.

As to the latest info: Too bad it's download only...at least for the time being. But then again, since I'm nowhere near getting a next-gen console...maybe I can download it to my laptop. ^^ At least then I'll have LDK mode.

You've no idea how badly I want to play it on LDK. xD

Dominus

I kind of wish they didn't include stuff from DmC Vergil. Feels lazy and I'd prefer a fresh new approach to Vergil. Well I guess it's better than a straight copy and paste from DMC3... At least they seem to be giving him more moves in addition to DmC Vergil's like his own real impactish move, aerial lunar phase, and hopefully some pause combos (I assume they will use DmC Vergil's pause combos)....

Frazz

General gamer
I kind of wish they didn't include stuff from DmC Vergil. Feels lazy and I'd prefer a fresh new approach to Vergil. At least they seem to be giving him more moves like his own real impactish move, aerial lunar phase, and hopefully some pause combos (I assume they will use DmC Vergil's pause combos)....
I assume the main thing from DmC Vergil will be the "Grim Trick" which teleports Vergil to hook points. I wouldn't be too worried:)

scionicspectre

I don't think they're going to simply copy moves from DmC Vergil- they're more likely using some of his unique abilities as inspiration. From what we've seen, and what we can consider will fill out the rest of his moveset, it would seem that Vergil will feel familiar to his roots. He looks varied enough to be different from both previously playable incarnations.

Dominus

I don't think they're going to simply copy moves from DmC Vergil- they're more likely using some of his unique abilities as inspiration. From what we've seen, and what we can consider will fill out the rest of his moveset, it would seem that Vergil will feel familiar to his roots. He looks varied enough to be different from both previously playable incarnations.
I hope he can get other styles in the game too besides his concentration one. Have all his styles be the same theme by modifying his attacks based on achieving a certain attribute. But I'm pretty sure it will just be the one style because Capcom will be lazy..

And lo and behold, the surely are.
I'm only complaining because I find it lazy. I want a fresh take on things otherwise they get stale. At least they are giving Vergil multiple weapons, which I think they should have given DmC Vergil too (instead of focusing just on Yamato)... I will appreciate using pause combos with DMC4 Vergil though for the first time though. I missed those in DMC3 Vergil..

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
So, I finally uncovered details as to what's included in that Japanese Collector's edition (and as of this writing, berto has posted the link to the details in the "News" thread):
  • One Copy of Devil May Cry 4: Special Edition
  • A 64-Page Companion Book
  • Soundtrack CD
  • Three Exclusive Covers (Which I assume means Game Cases), one depicting Dante and Nero, one depicting Lady and Trish, and one Depicting Vergil
  • Downloadable Code for Lady and Trish Skins, as well as 300,000 Red Orbs
The standard retail version of the game is 4,490 yen (approx. $37), but this Limited Edition costs 7,398 yen (approx. $61), available exclusively as an "e-Capcom" special here.

EDIT: For any Western DMC Fans interested in buying the exclusive Limited Edition, Play-Asia is taking pre-orders for $119.

Last edited:

Manuel Eduardo Koegler

For what is originally only half the price, that is way too expensive in mah opinion.
I'll wait until there is word on whether it contains english audio/text/menus.

berto

I Saw the Devil
1427292401114.png

Ok. So here's a better look at the comparison.
So, aside from what looks like a new shoulder strap there are some other differences.
His head is smaller, making his shoulder look broader but he himself is slimmer, so are his legs so he looks taller. His eyes are smaller and squintier, not as much as Dante, though. And his hair looks like Vegita's with every spike going in one direction and not as fire-y looking.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
1427292401114.png

So, aside from what looks like a new shoulder strap there are some other differences.
His head is smaller, making his shoulder look broader but he himself is slimmer, so are his legs so he looks taller. His eyes are smaller and squintier, not as much as Dante, though. And his hair looks like Vegita's with every spike going in one direction and not as fire-y looking.

Glad they made the scarf a bit more visible, coloring it grey instead of black like his shirt, like it was in DMC3.

Viper

Premium
Glad they made the scarf a bit more visible, coloring it grey instead of black like his shirt, like it was in DMC3.
That actually didn't help, at first glance it just looks weird and when zooming in the current texture makes it look like some cheap scarf from thrift shop and not silk.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
1427292401114.png

His hairline is a bit too low, skin a bit to bright, eyes need to be tweeked, eyebrows need to be darker, lips need tweaking a bit, jawline needs to be wider, puff the hair a bit so they look a bit wild/spike it up not Kazuya it up, jacket collar needs to be longer and for goodness sake please get rid of that hideous flick of hair on his forehead dammit.

Everything else looks great.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
That actually didn't help, at first glance it just looks weird and when zooming in the current texture makes it look like some cheap scarf from thrift shop and not silk.

That has to do with the texture itself, not the color. I was pointing out how coloring it grey instead of black makes it more visible, which I like.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
His hairline is a bit too low, skin a bit to bright, eyes need to be tweeked, eyebrows need to be darker, lips need tweaking a bit, jawline needs to be wider, puff the hair a bit so they look a bit wild/spike it up not Kazuya it up, jacket collar needs to be longer and for goodness sake please get rid of that hideous flick of hair on his forehead dammit.

I don't agree with this. Especially about the hair flick. Adds more "style". He had it in DMC3 as well.

Viper

Premium
That has to do with the texture itself, not the color. I was pointing out how coloring it grey instead of black makes it more visible, which I like.
I was thinking of the color before I mentioned the texture. Black scarf with black vest made his coat stand out in good way. Gray scarf with outfit of green hue looks kinda weird, especially with light blue coat with yellow inside. *shrugs* But deep down it's all personal taste.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
I don't agree with this. Especially about the hair flick. Adds more "style". He had it in DMC3 as well.

Everytime I see a sketch of Vergil with that hedious hair flick I'm reminded of how Kal El (Superidiot Man) has that S hair curl on his forehead, and that no matter how hard I try to ignore it! I have this urge to want to barge into the Artists office or studio, look at them whilst holding their work up in their faces...shake my head with shame and punch them on the face shouting "WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?".

...I mean really how does that even look stylish? The one on the right looks phenomenal and everything looks classy, but I can't bring myself to actually take it serious. I'm an Artist myself and I know what goes well with style and class, but that looks absolutely stupid.

Top Bottom