• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full trailer for DMC4 SE

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
@Foxtrot94 and @Erian1Mortal Thanks for the Extra Detail's i was watching a lot of youtube videos on him trying to understood how he worked. i prefer using the Angel mode because it's a lot faster i also Noticed on the left side of the screen there was these small circles like the weapon wheel for Dante but i thought Vergil only had yamato where those like modifiers to the Angel and Demon modes ?
Those are modifier modes for his Doppelganger Devil Trigger. You can have the duplicate set to only do attacks in a certain mode (Left Circle is Angel Mode, Up is Human, Right is Demon), as well as having it delay attacks (The bottom Circle).
In example: You can attack with Vergil's standard Demon melee attack (Divorce) while your copy can do the standard Angel attack (Rapid Slash).

GabrielXx

@DantesLink oh i see so while you are using one attack you can program the Doppelganger to do attacks from each mode or delay it ? that brings some strategy into it, very interesting i will have to give it a try when i can. i still love the older DT though i was not that big of a fan when using corrupted Vergil back on DMC3 because even though i really like the idea of the nelo angelo DT he just felt like a heavy tank as opposed to normal Vergil who kept his speed. i really hope they keep to that in DMC4:SE and i would still love to see corrupted Vergil back in this game. i think what skin i want the most though is Dante's DMC2 suit.

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
Well, i'm kinda late since i just saw the trailer and i thought it's pretty good. Vergil looks pretty kickass.

I hope they would also optimize the keyboard/mouse controls this time. I'm used of playing my games with those and i played DmC: Devil may Cry with keyboard/mouse.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Well, it could be done. Even if it is to be canon to the story, Nero can confront and fight his Dad in a dreamlike sequence. They just need imagination.

Weiss Schnee

Can't wait for all the new gameplay videos from top DMC players to come back
ODsozdN.gif

The crazy gameplay of DMC4 has returned with 3 new stylish characters, looking forward to seeing what people do with Lady. Vergil also needs numerous taunts like Nero in the gif posted.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Both of us, believe me. For ten loooong years people begged Capcom to let them play Lady.Never it was done.
Now, with Vergil, she can be a sales major point due the point of being COMPLETELY different from everybody else.

Last edited:

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
Last edited by a moderator:

GabrielXx

@Foxtrot94 Ya i was glad to hear about that as well i really hope we hear weather or not we will be able to turn off the timer. i also heard about the Screen Clearing move that we saw Vergil perform on Bael, i am kinda Concerned about the teleport because they spoke about it now beaning based around the use of the summoned swords by embedding a sword into an enemy with kinda reminds me of noctis from FF15. i really hope you can still perform the teleport as you could in DMC3.

i also really really want to know more about Trish now one thing i just started to notice was the amulet for Sparda is in her HUD i wonder if she can do something along the lines of Vergil's screen move.

Last edited:

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
the use of the summoned swords by embedding a sword into an enemy with kinda reminds me of noctis from FF15. i really hope you can still perform the teleport as you could in DMC3.

Or, y'know...like Vergil in DmC. Grim Trick is supposed to be specifically as function similar to Nero's Hellbound, Trick Up and Down are still their own thing for normal teleportation.

GabrielXx

@TWOxACROSS Well i Did not Play Vergil on DmC because i only rented it back when it first came out and sent it back after a week or two and even though i Don't wear it on my sleeve I did not like DmC. one of the Criticisms i had with it was i felt the control set up for a game targeting newcomers was far to over complicated when With DMC3 AND DMC4 there was the Style system and Directional inputs that changed up how you did certain moves or how holding a button did stuff like Storm swords. in DmC from what i have Heard recently to do storm swords you needed to press a forward imput or a double forward imput if you had lock on that's odd when all you had to do was hold down shoot and it would come out. so stuff that was Once very simple and intuitive was made overly complicated In DmC and i noted that a lot with Dante. there was just a lot that felt awkward and uncomfortable and ok if Vergil is kinda like Nero now and grim trick is part of that how will that work with manunal lock-on ? my other concern was Aerial rave with is my favorite move to use with Dante but even more so with Vergil because where Dante swings rebellion very wildly Vergil is Direct and to the point and had a pretty good rang on DMC3 and i still loved using it in DMC4 with Dante. i was not a huge fan of the animation for Aerial rave with Vergil in DmC so i do have some Concern's in how this is going to work. i am really looking forward to Trish because of the hand-to hand stuff without having to use some sort of Demon Gloves to do it.

Last edited:

GabrielXx

@TerrorA what could you not make out ? i went back over it what was it you did not understand ? i was just Voicing my Concern's for the Teleport and the aerial rave attack and then i went on to criticize how DmC's Control set up for something that was suppose to be for new players was far more awkward and over complicated then the past games and i used that to show my concern for Vergil's move set like how is Grim trick going to work with manual lock on ? and if we will be forced to use that move in order to Teleport. then i just made a remark about how i might be looking forward to Trish a lot more then Vergil now since this will be from what i can understand the first time we will be able to do hand to hand combat without the use of something like beowulf or ifrit. i was not a big fan of DmC so i was just hoping that certain moves for Vergil where not awkward and unintuitive like it was for me playing Dante since i have not played DmC vergil but from what i have seen on youtube he is a little better but when it comes to certain moves the inputs to do them are far to complicated.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Just telling you what I know of so far - Grim Trick is just a way to have Vergil move through Hellbound segments like Nero did. It might not have any significance outside of that, similar to how Hellbound itself only had an application within the concept of moving through the environment.

Also, try to remember that DmC's control scheme is pretty damn intuitive for someone with no previous knowledge of how DMC games control clouding their judgment. You think the way you do because you come from a mindset of "this is how this is supposed to work." It's not a bad thing, it's just how the brain works.

GabrielXx

@TWOxACROSS ya but in the video if you look close enough you will see Dante has a summoned sword Stuck in his Torso and you see the same with one of the Angelos when Vergil Go's to perform the mid-air lunar phase.
16kq74i.jpg

you see right there and from what you are saying it will work like Nero's Arm but what will that mean for the Normal Teleport ? will we have to use grim trick to Teleport ? and if that's the case how will that work with lock-on ? because i thought a lot of the reason some of this stuff was made for DmC was because there was only soft lock. this is just something i hope capcom address's soon.

@TerrorA I'm sorry i did Notice a few Typo's but other then that i'm not sure what more i can do but space the paragraphs out better. i write as if we where talking in person so i just start typing once something comes to mind so i'm sorry about that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom