• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full trailer for DMC4 SE

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
Vergil's part of the story is indeed a prequel.

From the Official Website: Vergil is Dante's twin brother, and he also carries the bloodline of Sparda. Unlike Dante, he embraces his demonic heritage. Intrigued by the Order of the Sword, who worship Sparda as a god, he pays a visit to Fortuna many years before Dante's arrival.

So, Vergil's in Fortuna years before the events of DMC4. That could mean that the Special Edition is depicting events between his disappearance in DMC3 and his death in DMC1, or before DMC3 entirely.

Also, I saw these on the Japanese website:
pro_e-cap_img01.jpg

Some kind of pre-order bonus...so take that for what you will.

SO IT'S IN THE PAST

AND VERGIL HAS A STORY !!!!!

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Also can you give us the link please?
Scroll to the bottom of this page.
SO IT'S IN THE PAST

AND VERGIL HAS A STORY !!!!!
I wouldn't count on it. Vergil had a "story" in DMC3: Special Edition, and all it amounted to was two cutscenes and some altered bosses.

Lady and Trish are just playable swaps for Nero and Dante on their respective stages, without any story elements being changed. I would expect the same for Vergil...the only difference being that Vergil can be used for all levels.

Astaroth123

Scroll to the bottom of this page.

I wouldn't count on it. Vergil had a "story" in DMC3: Special Edition, and all it amounted to was two cutscenes and some altered bosses.

Lady and Trish are just playable swaps for Nero and Dante on their respective stages, without any story elements being changed. I would expect the same for Vergil...the only difference being that Vergil can be used for all levels.

Well i can keep my hopes up!

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
So website implies Vergil's playthrough has a narrative even though we are playing the same missions, eh? I want to theorize many things right now... Like "Maybe the Dante vs Vergil fight we saw in the trailer was a dream.", "Maybe Beowulf and Force Edge are substitutes like @Director Bison implied.", "Maybe Agnus made those armors long before Vergil disappeared.", "Maybe Vergil somehow travels through time.", "Maybe it will be like Vergil's Downfall." and so on; but I'm depressingly aware of the fact that I expect too much from a Special Edition just because I miss Vergil...

Oh well, it's something even if they tell somewhat a story. Anything that would keep me excited about a possible DMC sequel is fine.

Astaroth123

So website implies Vergil's playthrough has a narrative even though we are playing the same missions, eh? I want to theorize many things right now... Like "Maybe the Dante vs Vergil fight we saw in the trailer was a dream.", "Maybe Beowulf and Force Edge are substitutes like @Director Bison implied.", "Maybe Agnus made those armors long before Vergil disappeared.", "Maybe Vergil somehow travels through time.", "Maybe it will be like Vergil's Downfall." and so on; but I'm depressingly aware of the fact that I expect too much from a Special Edition just because I miss Vergil...

Oh well, it's something even if they tell somewhat a story. Anything that would keep me excited about a possible DMC sequel is fine.

And maybe . . . just maybe, we can see Nero's mom (JUST A MAYBE!!!)

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
So, has anyone found out what's being advertised in the images I posted? Because I can't read Japanese, and I'm really curious as to what that is.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Also, I saw these on the Japanese website:
pro_e-cap_img01.jpg

Some kind of pre-order bonus...so take that for what you will.
Oh, C'mon! They also get pre-order bonuses and what looks like a possible collector's edition!? I'm taking this very badly, especially because it all looks so awesome.

I just picked up my copy of Bloodborne and the guy at the store mentioned to me that some companies place restrictions on redownloads of purchased products. In his case they charged him to re download some DLC he bought. The reasons I dislike digital only just keep piling on.

Edit:
I'm whining too much. I think I should try to do something about it, now.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
But that messes up everything we've seen... Beowulf, Force Edge, Angelo armors, him and Dante fighting... Why? Do they imply there is more to this trailer or is it just an excuse to put Vergil in the game?

If Vergil's scenario takes place before DMC4, then it theoretically still takes place after DMC1. Vergil having these black and cloudy versions of Force Edge and Beowulf would imply that he lacks the weapons themselve, but retains them in some form of created memory.

The Angelos were never said to exclusively be something that only appeared around the time of DMC4, and if anything they've been in use for a while to help the Order with whatever schemes they've been pulling.

It doesn't mess up everything "we've seen," it messes up what you thought was going on.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Apparently Japan will have a chance to experience Bloody Palace before release on April 25. I used Google Translate so pardon me. Here's the link: http://www.capcom.co.jp/chokaigi15/
B9BcGgD.jpg

6twx8af.png

Also there's another event on May 3-5 called machiasobi. Wonder we'll get any info from those.

It doesn't mess up everything "we've seen," it messes up what you thought was going on.
Yep, you have a point. I just don't expect this Special Edition to explain anything as of now. Please prove me wrong, Capcom.

DantesLink

Premium
Supporter 2014
Holy smokes, this is a lot to take in for one day!!!

LADYTRISHTHEVERGRETURNSAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
yalp0M.gif

Friggen' happy that Vergil is get new moves, and I glad to see that Itsuno and and company did not "throw the baby out with the bath water" and included elements of DmC Verg' that they liked.

Manuel Eduardo Koegler

It really intrigues me how much people seem to hate the dice game.
Back in the day I just dealt with it and it wasn't a huge bother at all.
Then a few years later when replaying the game I learned how to trick the dice into giving me what I want.
you can hit the blues 9 times out of 10 if you want to and it'll be over in like a minute, why complain so much about something so minor that only appears twice in the full campaign, I see little use to it.

Gel

When the going gets tough, the tough get going
Premium
Hey! I want a Dante/ Vergil bare chest skin too:'(. I want to see their chest's hair, their biceps, their a... I just wanna...

Viper

Premium
Hey! I want a Dante/ Vergil bare chest skin too:'(. I want to see their chest's hair, their biceps, their a... I just wanna...
They already have him shirtless in the artbook, could have just worked from that. In most instances he would look better without the coat anyway.

Glistening, sweaty skin in Berial battle... :inlove:

Reactions: Gel

Gel

Premium
I want to touch them...maybe we'll get some Dante/ Vergil action too..?!

Viper

Premium
I want to touch them...maybe we'll get some Dante/ Vergil action too..?!
DMC3 had a scene involving Dante and Vergil that reminded a lot of sex, all the way down to Rebellion shooting up in simulated orgasm (or maybe it wasn't so simulated, what if Dante actually did have an orgasm in that moment), I'm surprised DMC4 didn't have any of that with Nero. And they even had the perfect setting in the bedroom fight. Maybe they'll add more grunting and moaning to somewhat fix that.

Reactions: Gel

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
DMC3 had a scene involving Dante and Vergil that reminded a lot of sex, all the way down to Rebellion shooting up in simulated orgasm (or maybe it wasn't so simulated, what if Dante actually did have an orgasm in that moment), I'm surprised DMC4 didn't have any of that with Nero. And they even had the perfect setting in the bedroom fight. Maybe they'll add more grunting and moaning to somewhat fix that.

Wut? o_O that would be disgusting honestly, no thanks :/

Viper

Premium
Wut? o_O that would be disgusting honestly, no thanks :/
What exactly would be disgusting? Dante is hot, Nero is hot, they wouldn't actually be doing it, but a bit of pretend would make a lot of female fans happy. I mean, it's not like a bit of fanservice will mean Dante or Nero no longer deserve respect.

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
What exactly would be disgusting? Dante is hot, Nero is hot, they wouldn't actually be doing it, but a bit of pretend would make a lot of female fans happy. I mean, it's not like a bit of fanservice will mean Dante or Nero no longer deserve respect.

LOL fine if that makes you happy. But still, I don't even wanna think about such a thing.

Gel

Premium
Well, DMC is not exactly virginal when it comes to disturbing stuff, I mean, since the very beginning it has its gates open wide to kinky things, so ... Why not?
Anyway Dante is always penetrated by his own HUGE sword, you know...

Foxtrot94

Elite Hunter
Premium
LOL well I've never taken those impalements as something sexual. It's not like he gets impaled in the butt. It's just in the chest.

Top Bottom