• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full trailer for DMC4 SE

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
I didn't get through the entire thread yet, but has anyone mentioned how it seems that Trish utilizes Pandora momentarily in the video? That would imply that she can use more than Luce and Ombra, just not through weapon switching. :\ Hm.

Yes, it's possible she has more gadgets

berto

I Saw the Devil
You know what never works? Petitions. You know what I want to do? Make a movement to of some kind to show our interest in a physical release. Petition, communications with Gregman, open discussion, emails. Bottom line, I want to let them know that I want it and I'm not the only one. The problem with these things tend to be when people get vicious and makes the rest of us sound like infantile jackasses throwing a tantrum.

At the very least we can ask them to make it easier for us to import.

Astaroth123

You know what never works? Petitions. You know what I want to do? Make a movement to of some kind to show our interest in a physical release. Petition, communications with Gregman, open discussion, emails. Bottom line, I want to let them know that I want it and I'm not the only one. The problem with these things tend to be when people get vicious and makes the rest of us sound like infantile jackasses throwing a tantrum.

You shall have my support and Approval on that.

incneet

I'll show how to use the power!!!
aWRW8TS.jpg

Lani

If you can complain on a day like today, will you ever truly be satisfied?
What I learned from today is if something seems to good to be true than it probably is.At least when it concerns Capcom.Dont get me wrong I'm happy that I'll be able to play as others but was hoping on some explanation for Nero's origins.My mistake was getting caught up in the hype:frown:

berto

I Saw the Devil
While I understand that people will always want more, I can't believe anyone would be upset today. If you can complain on a day like today, will you ever truly be satisfied?
It's been a whole lot of things like this for me since 2010. New DMC, but it looks nothing like the other games. New Bayonetta, on a hardware you don't own. Re-release of DMC4 with tons and TONS of badassery, but it's only physically sold in Japan. I can't help but feel a little cheated at every turn and it sucks, it really does.

Edit:
Anyway. I'll contact Greg later on and talk to him and see if there is any hope of this, even if it's far down the line.

Astaroth123

It's been a whole lot of things like this for me since 2010. New DMC, but it looks nothing like the other games. New Bayonetta, on a hardware you don't own. Re-release of DMC4 with tons and TONS of badassery, but it's only physically sold in Japan. I can't help but feel a little cheated at every turn and it sucks, it really does.

Why only in Japan!!!

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
What I learned from today is if something seems to good to be true than it probably is.At least when it concerns Capcom.Dont get me wrong I'm happy that I'll be able to play as others but was hoping on some explanation for Nero's origins.My mistake was getting caught up in the hype:frown:
We all did the same... I'm not giving up though. If I give up, DMC is dead. It happens when you give up too.
There's still some new info on it's way. Not the best time to mourn a loss.

Khundy

Berserker
Why only in Japan!!!

not sure, but our physical copies are lame too in comparison to the Japanese versions. I have an english DMC4 and a Japanese copy too and let me tell you the Japanese version is way cool. Their booklets still have color!!! ours are usually lame and black and white.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Why only in Japan!!!
Capcom has released all of their reworks in a physical disc in japan and a digital format elsewhere for a long time. The first I've heard of this was Okami HD. The games weren't overly expensive and Okami never sold well but I wouldn't have minded paying extra for that game. Fortunately, the game is US import friendly. Then they did it to RE4 HD... That one is not import friendly since the menus and all the text is in Japanese.

They're making progress, though. For a long time they wouldn't publish art books or soundtracks outside of Japan and now there are at least some.

Last edited:

Dominus

Pretty hyped though I was hoping for a full Vergil campaign, guess they are saving that for DMC5.. I also would like to know what tweaks they will be making to the game (unannounced ones to quote an article), and whether they will be significant to the campaign or minor things like removing those pesky gyro blades and the dice. I certainly don't want to be hitting gyro blades around on my Vergil playthrough..

We will never surrender..

Astaroth123

not sure, but our physical copies are lame too in comparison to the Japanese versions. I have an english DMC4 and a Japanese copy too and let me tell you the Japanese version is way cool. Their booklets still have color!!! ours are usually lame and black and white.
Capcom has released all of their reworks in a physical disc and a digital format for a long time. The first I've heard of this was Okami HD. The games weren't overly expensive and Okami never sold well but I wouldn't have minded paying extra for that game. Fortunately, the game is US import friendly. Then they did it to RE4 HD... That one is not import friendly since the menus and all the text is in Japanese.

They're making progress, though. For a long time they wouldn't publish art books or soundtracks outside of Japan and now there are at least some.

Damn, i'm jealous of japan now!

Lani

We all did the same... I'm not giving up though. If I give up, DMC is dead. It happens when you give up too.
There's still some new info on it's way. Not the best time to mourn a loss.
True,best wait till everything is out in the open.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Vergil's part of the story is indeed a prequel.

From the Official Website: Vergil is Dante's twin brother, and he also carries the bloodline of Sparda. Unlike Dante, he embraces his demonic heritage. Intrigued by the Order of the Sword, who worship Sparda as a god, he pays a visit to Fortuna many years before Dante's arrival.

So, Vergil's in Fortuna years before the events of DMC4. That could mean that the Special Edition is depicting events between his disappearance in DMC3 and his death in DMC1, or before DMC3 entirely.

Also, I saw these on the Japanese website:
pro_e-cap_img01.jpg

Some kind of pre-order bonus...so take that for what you will.

Last edited:

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Vergil's part of the story is indeed a prequel.

From the Official Website: Vergil is Dante's twin brother, and he also carries the bloodline of Sparda. Unlike Dante, he embraces his demonic heritage. Intrigued by the Order of the Sword, who worship Sparda as a god, he pays a visit to Fortuna many years before Dante's arrival.

So, Vergil's in Fortuna years before the events of DMC4. That could mean that the Special Edition is depicting events between his disappearance in DMC3 and his death in DMC1, or before DMC3 entirely.
But that messes up everything we've seen... Beowulf, Force Edge, Angelo armors, him and Dante fighting... Why? Do they imply there is more to this trailer or is it just an excuse to put Vergil in the game?

Also can you give us the link please?

berto

I Saw the Devil
probably going to tell the story from the novel but with more action. we pretty much knew this already.

Top Bottom