• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full trailer for DMC4 SE

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
I already predicted that there would be next to no changes to the core game, or any of its prevailing flaws...that's why I'm not disappointed. I didn't put the same kind of faith in Capcom that I did in Ninja Theory...
It's these methods that help keep expectations a little closer to the ground...instead of skyrocketing to the Earth's orbit with the rest of the outlandish expectations like: "Oh! Vergil's gonna get his own story! Oh! We're finally going to get an explanation for Nero's existence! Oh! Capcom's gonna FINALLY fixed the rehashed levels and bosses!"

No. No, they won't. I knew it, and most rational fans knew it. So all I was expecting was a next-gen port of my favorite Devil May Cry game, with a smidgeon of extras and Japanese voice-acting.

That's all I expected, and that's all I've been given so far. And I'm not disappointed.
I knew it wasn't going to be much, but I was least hoping for something more substantial. I mean, DmC was already cool in vanilla form, and they made the Definitive Edition, truly Definitive. It could have just been DmC on PS4, but no, it actually had a lot of cool stuff done to it making it worth its salt. Tweaking 4 like that should have crossed their mind. For as much crap as I give them, I think my connection to Capcom will still hold a tiny little bit of hope.

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
You see, it bothers me to no end.

Not just this game, either, they refuse to release the Resident Evil games in the US. RE4HD, Code Veronica HD, Chronicles, RE Remake HD. And then you have Okami HD. I would have gladly paid for those games in physical form, even if they cost me an extra amount of money because it's physical.

To make it worse they do have physical released, in Japan. I get the impression that they don't think we're going to bother or notice since the effort always seems shy compared to what Japan gets.
The only real work-around is having region-free systems. Thankfully, the PS3 is not as "xenophobic" when it comes to imports like the PS2 was...and since the RE games are still in English, importing them is not a problem.

But games like Okami HD and probably the upcoming DMC4: SE have almost all their text and in-game dialogue in Japanese...and don't even get me started on the Japanese-only red-headed step child that is the Yakuza franchise.

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
Digital release only?

Those mourning the 'passing of DmC' should be rejoicing. Only releasing this digitally in the States is setting it up for failure. This is the passing of DMC.

Ahem, excuse me while I scream in rage at the lack of physical release.

Lani

Digital only release huh?Thats odd considering DmCDE got a physical release in the states. Not to mention a majority of people still game with physical discs.You trying to lose more money Capcom:shifty:

scionicspectre

Eh, they know everyone's just gonna' get it on Steam, anyway. ;)

As an owner of collector's editions of the previous games in the series, however, I can certainly relate.

berto

I Saw the Devil
As long as the Japanese version of the game has english localization I still have that option, I don't see it as the end all of the situation, but I'm still terribly disappointed with this decision which only leaves me with import as an option to get the physical version. It's not a perfect solution, either, they might decide not to localize it to English or, worse yet, they might also decide to region lock the Japanese version.

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
Eh, they know everyone's just gonna' get it on Steam, anyway. ;)

As an owner of collector's editions of the previous games in the series, however, I can certainly relate.

It's tacky considering that they're making it all a Digital instead of a physical disk and having that be part of a collection of Devil May Cry shelf...HD Collection, throw away/sell DMC4 Vanilla and keep Special Edition, throw away/sell Vanilla DmC and keep Definitive Edition. It's part of history and they're only making it Digital for console gamers too? I understand Steam members, but it's not fair for console gamers to get digital...it's just plain simple tacky.

@Capcom you bunch of cheap idiots what are you doing?

:Edit: This isn't how you do business and you're creating a product with so much promise and put it up for digital release is plain cheap, and you're not a cheap company so don't mess it up while you're unto something that could potentially bring in a lot of revenue.

Last edited:

Astaroth123

The Mind shall vanquish the Sword
So now we know his nothing holding a baby nero, holding his cloak, missing an arm and etc but he is holding Yamato but the raises more questions don't you think

Vitahlani

I haven't had time to read through all of your comments, but I just saw the trailer and have to say: Capcom shut up and take my money!!!!

Director Bison

King of Games
Premium Elite
Premium
were not focusing on the big picture here will Trish still have sunglasses when she devil triggers
I MUST KNOW

but seriously i don't know if anyone noticed this but Vergil seems to have both a shadow force edge and shadow beowulf
indicating that there not the real things
maybe he's manifesting them like the summon swords

DanteSparda08

The mind is stronger than any muscle in your body.
were not focusing on the big picture here will Trish still have sunglasses when she devil triggers
I MUST KNOW

but seriously i don't know if anyone noticed this but Vergil seems to have both a shadow force edge and shadow beowulf
indicating that there not the real things
maybe he's manifesting them like the summon swords

Now that sounds interesting.

scionicspectre

I didn't get through the entire thread yet, but has anyone mentioned how it seems that Trish utilizes Pandora momentarily in the video? That would imply that she can use more than Luce and Ombra, just not through weapon switching. :\ Hm.

Top Bottom