• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Full trailer for DMC4 SE

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
Well, this looks more rehashed and recycled than expected. And Gloria should have finally been playable here...
I think she might be a skin. Heh. Laughed my own joke.

Anyway, this is the way the series is moving ahead now. I can now officially deal with the fact that Vergil won't have his own campaign (probably) and that it'll be a digital download only.

-----------------------------------

That's life.

berto

I Saw the Devil
Welp. I created the news thread. Please read the few rules there feel free to add all the new content from today. it's not a complicated set up so lets see if it works out.
http://devilmaycry.org/threads/devil-may-cry-4-special-edition-news-updates.20152/

Edit.
So I just found out that the Japanese voice actress for Trish is the same as Bayonetta. i guess I shouldn't be surprised since that's the kind of role she's famous for and it's a small community, the Japanese voice acting, but it's still a little... 'huh, you don't say...'

Last edited:

Devil Player

Wow!!! Holy damn!!! My God!!! Whoa!!! Yay!!! Yeah!!!! Oh!!!! Yes!!!!

That was sexy, intense, delicious, tough, awesome, dark, exciting, sensational, impressive, surprising, shocking, amazing, spectacular, crazy, addicting, courageous, cool, stylish and unforgettable!!!!!!

Nice to see that they're putting some new content, even if it's just related to cutscenes for Vergil. Anyway, we now can play as the first human in the series ( Lady ).

Part of me believes that the "more" part mentioned in the trailer ( ending ) might be Vergil's secret campaign. We can only hope. If not, at least it's gonna be awesome seeing remixed enemy waves ( probably ).

Now go Capcom, suck my wallet. However, be warned that I want a physical copy. ;)

Now, good luck and don't disappoint me.

TWOxACROSS

Hot-blooded God of Guns
Premium
Definitely. News is news, mate. What ever there is people will want to know about it.
So where can I find it? The japanese official page?

Edit:
1427146465728.png

Huh.....

Hi-poly CG model on the left, lower-poly in-engine model on the right. Doooooooooon't compare the two.

EDIT: Hearing of new skins, I'm intrigued. Hopeful for that DMC1 skin...again...

berto

I Saw the Devil
Are my ears deceiving me or did Ms Naomi Kyle says it would be a digital download and not an actual CD game?

If this is true then Capcom you people have lost your marbles.... :disappointed:
Looks that way.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...clude-five-playable-characters-other-features

DMC4SE is currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One, and yes, the PC, and set for a release this summer. It will be a digital release, but you can expect a tremendous amount of content and replayability at a great value.

I don't like that, either. Why not a physical release? I don't like digital only purchases, especially if they are over $20. If I have to pay $40 I want to be able to hold my game in my hands and not to have to worry that I might p*** off Sony and they can say 'sorry, we don't like you anymore but thanks for all the money you gave us that you will never see the product of again.'

Why did DmC get a physical one but not DMC4? Is it the age?

WolfOD64

That Guy Who Hates Fox McCloud
Phew, you wake up a few hours later, and you miss EVERYTHING. But, anyway...

So, basically: instead of just one new playable character, we get three? AND Legendary Dark Knight Mode?
giphy.gif

Color me me intrigued.

And yes, for some of you curious....the only confirmed Western release so far is downloadable, with the physical release only confirmed for Japan so far.

Honestly, I really doesn't matter to me...but since the U.S. trailers haven't confirmed alternate language tracks as an option, I might just import the game. Gotta love the region-free PS4.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.
Okay, since we are all settled down I'm going to point out what I see from the trailer. We can make this a discussion thread or make a new one. Your choice.
Before beginning, I want to state out how perfect that trailer was. It was amazingly well thought and well done. Capcom surely knows how to hype people up.

Anyway, here we go.
  • 0.11 - So the trailer shows what Vergil's looking at and it was the scene from the DMC4 opening. I compared the two scenes to see if there's any difference. (I couldn't find a decent screenshot so I took one from my game. I use a different Nero model if you wonder.)
3236d2e3b8a388f056b6bc4939058e60.jpg

oFaBLZ9.jpg

Of course because of the light we can't clearly compare the surroundings. However, the buildings, signs, cables, street light, etc. all looks the same except for the cars, which disproves Vergil visiting Fortuna in the past theory.
Apparently even the Nevan posters were there all along... Maybe they were textureless in the original game or maybe we couldn't see them because of the light. That rebuts my Nevan theory... :'( But who knows, maybe there is still hope. Tell me if you spot something different or if you need more images. Moving on.

• 0.21 - Vergil clearly uses Force Edge in this scene. Both Vergil and Force Edge seems a bit glowing. What does it indicate? Could be a new move? Or an indicator of concentration mechanic? I don't really know what is what gameplay-wise so I'll pass this one onto you too along with the others.
SUGNV8z.png

• 0.21-0.24 - We hear "The Order of The Sword, huh?" words from Vergil's voice. So far things we saw in this trailer don't match with Vergil speaking those words. This does not also sound like a taunt. So I guess either there's a long opening cutscene and he speaks those words there OR there are more cutscenes than we're told. Moving on.
  • 0.24 - Vergil uses Beowulf. Again, I don't know the move here; but I think I remember something similar from DMC3.
qkBiF1I.gif

OQG8qas.jpg

• 0.33 - There's a Vergil cutscene here. It's clearly the same location in the intro; but on a different time as you can tell from the sunlight. I'm pretty certain that gray, foggy scene is the intro to Vergil's campaign and since this particular cutscene doesn't look like the ending I'll assume it's from the midgame where Dante goes back to retrieve Yamato. This means we can expect more than 2 cutscenes per character. There's the comparison:
7hbaA6s.jpg

• 1.04 - Here we see Lady fighting Dante in behalf of Nero confirming we will backtrack the campaign as it is with Lady&Trish. Moving on.
  • 1.09 - Here Trish uses Pandora which feels quite odd to me. Do you think we will get a backstory about it or was it just a random decision? Personally I think they made Trish(and Lady) in a way to appeal newcomers and teach them the dynamics of dynamics such as Pandora so they can have less trouble while playing on harder difficulties with Dante.
  • 1.23 - The tutorial mission for Nero and here we see Vergil in behalf of Nero which confirms we will play the existing in Vergil campaign. I still think there will be some additions to it; but they will apparently be minor if any.
  • 1.25 - THAT AWESOME DT MOVE! OH GOD! And apparently Vergil has his DMC3 DT.
SilkyGranularAruanas.gif

• 1.25-1.28 - We hear "They worship a demon as a god?" words from Vergil's voice. Again, there is no compromise to those words with existing footage or any possible taunts. This is also an indicator that there are more cutscenes. I think the cutscene we'll hear those words in also the cutscene in 0.33. But of course I might end up wrong.
  • 1.26-1.28 - More Vergil. Looks like it's the rest of the cutscene begins at 0.33. Makes me wonder why did they separate the same cutscene instead of using a different one. Maybe this is the only action cutscene or the only non-plot related one. Or maybe they don't want to reveal more than that for now. Time will tell.
  • 1.30 - Famous saying of Vergil as we heard in the first teaser; but an angrier one. I'm guessing...maybe "I need more power." is a taunt phrase and he changes the way he says it as "concentration" gets higher? Or maybe there are different occasions in the game he says that particular phrase? Or of course it could be a take just used in the teaser like @berto stated before.
  • 1.38 - The scene they announce the additions. Five playable characters, LDK mode, improved gameplay. The "And More!!" phrase and the end makes me wonder. Are they really hiding some content for future reveal or it is just there to keep fans hyped&focused? I hope the former...
  • 1.32-1.40(JP trailer) - There are the release info. 18th of June for PS4&XBONE and 24th of June for PC release. Also apparently there's a physical release -at least in Japan- of PS4 and XBONE versions; but only a digital one for PC(sadly). Maybe we can expect the same case for the rest of the world, so don't give up hope! Worst case scenario, buy one from Japan! All prices are around 40$ but there's no saying they'll be the same on the west.
MJKHUQ8.png

• 1.40-1.46(JP trailer) - Redeemable Gloria and Lady costumes. Someone on NeoGAF said we'll have download codes and they will expire on June 30th, 2016. I also heard those will only be avaiable for pre-order buyers; but I'm not certain on that. Time will tell.
CAy1rDQUYAE67BI.png:orig

I'll edit this post or make a new thread if necessary. Let this discussion commence.

Last edited:

Frazz

General gamer
Looks that way.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/gregama...clude-five-playable-characters-other-features

DMC4SE is currently in development for the PS4, Xbox One, and yes, the PC, and set for a release this summer. It will be a digital release, but you can expect a tremendous amount of content and replayability at a great value.

I don't like that, either. Why not a physical release? I don't like digital only purchases, especially if they are over $20. If I have to pay $40 I want to be able to hold my game in my hands and not to have to worry that I might p*** off Sony and they can say 'sorry, we don't like you anymore but thanks for all the money you gave us that you will never see the product of again.'

Why did DmC get a physical one but not DMC4? Is it the age?
I honestly think that this is more reflective of Capcom's dire financial state as I imagine they can't afford the costs to print the game for physical release.

I too prefer physical releases as I would have liked to store the game case in my DMC pile.

WolfOD64

Yep, I just checked...physical listings for DMC4: SE are already up on Play-Asia.com, with "pre-orders opening soon."

If you want a physical copy of the game (and possibly the JP voice-acting) then you'll probably want to order it from here...or pre-order, if you want the Gloria and DMC3-Lady costumes and all that.

Chancey289

Fake Geek Girl.
If this is all they're doing, it's disappointing.

Trish and Lady playable is cool and something I'd like to try out, but they seriously just recycled even more of this game, and unless we get a full change log, I still don't know if they fixed some of the game's most glaring flaws.

And they could have least added a new campaign with some new levels. But instead of two characters to traverse the same 10 levels over and over again, you'll have 5? That level design was obnoxious and lazy enough.

Sorry, I'm not trying to rain on the parade, but is this really what you want? Or do you want a completely and utterly amazing game? You can be satisfied with a bare minimum, but if I was gonna buy this game again, I needed it o be worth its salt. I love Devil May Cry. So that's why I'm being critical and yea I'm pretty damn annoyed because I always wanted to love 4. No way I'm spending full price if I ever do get around buying the thing, especially if its only digital. That's only bargain bin worthy.

Wuodan

Present Day. Present Time.

Trish and Lady playable is cool and something I'd like to try out, but they seriously just recycled even more of this game, and unless we get a full change log, I still don't know if they fixed some of the game's most glaring flaws.

And they could have least added a new campaign with some new levels. But instead of two characters to traverse the same 10 levels over and over again, you'll have 5? That level design was obnoxious and lazy enough.

Sorry, I'm not trying to rain on the parade, but is this really what you want? Or do you want a completely and utterly amazing game? You can be satisfied with a bare minimum, but if I was gonna buy this game again, I needed it o be worth its salt. I love Devil May Cry. So that's why I'm being critical and yea I'm pretty damn annoyed because I always wanted to love it. No way I'm spending full price if I ever do get around buying the thing, especially if its only digital. That's only bargain bin worthy.
I see where you're coming from and if this is all we get I'm also pretty disappointed; but I'll keep hoping there's more to it till the release date.

LoneRangerNinjutsu

The Man Without Fear!
Just watched it.
Holy.
Sh*t.

This looks positively epic! I'm so stoked! The Vergil gameplay looks to have been fleshed out more than I could have dreamed for, and not to mention that Lady and Trish are now playable? This is amazing! I wonder what sort of extra skins they offer with the Special Edition...

Demi-fiend

Metempsychosis
Supporter 2014
No way I'm spending full price if I ever do get around buying the thing, especially if its only digital. That's only bargain bin worthy.
That's true.

The only reason I'm buying it is... because I have to. I need to see how Vergil plays. It's been nine years or so since DMC3SE. I have to play as Vergil again.

Well, I probably won't be able to buy a digital version due to... reasons... but I might be able to manage it one day.

Note: Apparently, Vergil also has an uppercut move. That's something, at least.

WolfOD64

Sorry, I'm not trying to rain on the parade, but is this really what you want? Or do you want a completely and utterly amazing game? You can be satisfied with a bare minimum, but if I was gonna buy this game again, I needed it o be worth its salt. I love Devil May Cry. So that's why I'm being critical and yea I'm pretty damn annoyed because I always wanted to love 4. No way I'm spending full price if I ever do get around buying the thing, especially if its only digital. That's only bargain bin worthy.
I already predicted that there would be next to no changes to the core game, or any of its prevailing flaws...that's why I'm not disappointed. I didn't put the same kind of faith in Capcom that I did in Ninja Theory...
It's these methods that help keep expectations a little closer to the ground...instead of skyrocketing to the Earth's orbit with the rest of the outlandish expectations like: "Oh! Vergil's gonna get his own story! Oh! We're finally going to get an explanation for Nero's existence! Oh! Capcom's gonna FINALLY fixed the rehashed levels and bosses!"

No. No, they won't. I knew it, and most rational fans knew it. So all I was expecting was a next-gen port of my favorite Devil May Cry game, with a smidgeon of extras and Japanese voice-acting.

That's all I expected, and that's all I've been given so far. And I'm not disappointed.

berto

I Saw the Devil
And yes, for some of you curious....the only confirmed Western release so far is downloadable, with the physical release only confirmed for Japan so far.
You see, it bothers me to no end.

Not just this game, either, they refuse to release the Resident Evil games in the US. RE4HD, Code Veronica HD, Chronicles, RE Remake HD. And then you have Okami HD. I would have gladly paid for those games in physical form, even if they cost me an extra amount of money because it's physical.

To make it worse they do have physical released, in Japan. I get the impression that they don't think we're going to bother or notice since the effort always seems shy compared to what Japan gets.

Top Bottom