• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy XIII question?!

aka958

Don't trust people
That Attacus may be hard?

Really, I did not. I never turn in my good games I've gotten tired of. Even the thought of doing so to a Final Fantasy game is just... no...

Meg

I don't think we're talking about the same things. My FFXIII advice of the day wasn't about how to beat attacus. it was for mission 64, you know the flying thing.

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;237482 said:
I don't think we're talking about the same things. My FFXIII advice of the day wasn't about how to beat attacus. it was for mission 64, you know the flying thing.

You mean the two Rakjatjivas? Or are you talking about the Zirnitra? The Zirnitra is easy, it's used in over four missions I think.

Meg

No. None of that. I'm talking about the cieth stone located at the very end of Oerba, right before you go back to Cocoon. I guess you didn't get to that one yet...:wacko:

aka958

Don't trust people
^I didn't know that Cie'th stone contained any missions, didn't it just tell you some intel after you've squashed Barthandelus there?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Sorry to randomly burst in here agian, as you guys are obviously waaaaaaay further than me!

This morning I got up to Orphan - hurrah! However I couldn't get past it's second form. I did barthandelus and the first form really easy. But the damn second form casts death on me and I rely on taking my time within battles so I'm doomed! I hate that it casts slow loads too. I only tried about twice, then I had to come off it. So now I'll have to got through all that again! >_<!!!

I get the basic jist of it - get it into stagger and go mental, but so far I always take to long and die. Any hints or tips? please? Thankies! ^_^

Meg

Cast some buffs if you have to. Stagger and go crazy is the only way to do it unfortunately

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
^ thanks I did cast some buffs! But the more time I'm using a synergist the more time I'm loosing building up a stagger! Arghhhhh! Time is my enemy here - I've been too damn laid back throughout the whole game and the final battle casts death on me - of course it does!!! >_<

Meg

Use the paradigm guerilla. Have Hope as a Synergist, Fang as a Saboteur, and Lightning as a Ravager. OR! Have Fang as another Ravager. That way you can buff and build up a stagger at the same time.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Cool thanks. I have similar Paradigms, so I'm sure I'll get there. I was just frustrated this morning, when I had to shut the X Box down after so much hard work! >_<

Meg

I hope that works for you. Let me know when you get it! Oh and don't enjoy the ending. It sucks. :lol:

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Yeah, from what I saw so far I said to my boyfriend 'I usually burst out crying at the end of FF games, but so far this one....I'm unemotional.' So I'm not expacting much. ^_^

I've just thought of something - is Lightening a better ravenger or commando, 'cuz I've powered her up as a crazy commando and she's only on level 3 ravenger - will this make a difference do you think?

Meg

She's a better commando but still a really good ravager. oh, and the ending continues to suck. just so you know.

aka958

Don't trust people
Remember that after you've staggered it, build up some nasty high percentage with Sazh's or Lightning's signature moves. Then go all nuts with the strongest possible combinations (lots of commando's). If your having Fang as your lead, do Highwind when the stagger bar is about to disappear but make sure she does it while the enemy is still staggered.

To quickly buff up, use two synergists and a saboteur. Saboteur's build up and maintain stagger pretty good. Or if you only have 1 synergist, then use one synergist, one saboteur and one ravager for excellent build stagger build up while your buffing.

You should only buff up with Haste, Bravery, and Faith. That should do the work for your damaging business.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone :wub:

I've gone back to Gran Pulse to power up, 'cuz I tried to finish it again and I seem to be getting worse - the first time I tried I did really well, but now I think I'm getting impatient so I'm not doing too good. So now I'm happily wandering around killing anything insight and doing some more missions to get my stats a little higher before I try again.
Fa la laaaaaaaa. ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
No problems! One thing to mention though... Don't chain kill Adamantoises for countless of hours for trapezohedrons. It is extremely dull and boring.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ooooooook, so I haven't been on the X Box for ages. this morning i decide it's time to kick Orphans ass - I'm bored of it now, I just want it over with.

So after trying 3 times - all 3 times it used 'progenitorial wrath' on my main character and I died instantly! I'm really ****ed off! Any advice?

aka958

Don't trust people
o_O

Okay... I've never even seen that attack, but I was warned about it.

Buy a cherub crown and upgrade it, transform it, upgrade, etc. Cherub crown increases resistance against death the more you upgrade it. I had a Seraph crown with 46% death resistance equipped on my main character when I fought Orphan.

Meg

Ebony;250408 said:
Ooooooook, so I haven't been on the X Box for ages. this morning i decide it's time to kick Orphans ass - I'm bored of it now, I just want it over with.

So after trying 3 times - all 3 times it used 'progenitorial wrath' on my main character and I died instantly! I'm really ****ed off! Any advice?

I know I know!! It means you're taking to long. Cut down on the buffs you use to save time. That's what I did. Also, be sure to use the Paradigm Guerilla. It makes a huge difference. You can get some buffs/debuffs while working on staggering him. That worked for me.

Top Bottom