• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy XIII question?!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Hi,

I have a question. I've just tried googling it, but the answers I'm finding on other forums are just confusing me even more. So I thought I'd ask you lovely people.

I'm still on Chapter 11 and my Crysanthium thingy is maxed out at level 4. I have loads of points stored up 'cuz I want to power up the abilities I'm working with. I've been on level 4 forever (I think it's level 4, I'm getting confused from reading other responses?!)

Anyway how many 'role levels' can you go up? Did anyone else have this problem of having loads of points and nowhere to go?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Eb

Meg

You can only level up so much at a time. Level five doesn't unlock until after you beat the game. Sounds to me like you're maxed out for now. You're best bet it just continue with the story.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks Meg. ^_^ That makes sense, but it's annoying I like killing something huge, then rewarding myself by powering up and if I can't power up anymore until after I finish the game.....man thats frustrating!

Meg

Well good luck with finishing it! If you run into any problems let me know and I'lld o my best to help.

aka958

Don't trust people
Ebony;235717 said:
Hi,

I have a question. I've just tried googling it, but the answers I'm finding on other forums are just confusing me even more. So I thought I'd ask you lovely people.

I'm still on Chapter 11 and my Crysanthium thingy is maxed out at level 4. I have loads of points stored up 'cuz I want to power up the abilities I'm working with. I've been on level 4 forever (I think it's level 4, I'm getting confused from reading other responses?!)

Anyway how many 'role levels' can you go up? Did anyone else have this problem of having loads of points and nowhere to go?

Thanks in advance ^_^

Eb

The side roles too?!

That's dedication... What did you do there for so long?
I've only maxed the three main roles with every character and only started with the side roles...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I've done the same as you - 3 main roles, but my problem is - say for example:- Lightening has a load of CP points stored up. I've maxed out the 3 abilities I want her to have - Do I waste my points powering her up as say a sentinel, when I'll never use her as one, or do I keep my points saved up to power up the abilities I have chosen for her?

Does that make sense?

thanks again! Eb ^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
Ebony;236193 said:
I've done the same as you - 3 main roles, but my problem is - say for example:- Lightening has a load of CP points stored up. I've maxed out the 3 abilities I want her to have - Do I waste my points powering her up as say a sentinel, when I'll never use her as one, or do I keep my points saved up to power up the abilities I have chosen for her?

Does that make sense?

thanks again! Eb ^_^

You'll need the other roles post game, trust me!
I can't beat things up because I don't have the right combinations I want... I need the other classes, such as three medics, instead of one, and three sentinels to reduce sudden damage.
Three saboteurs for a quick curse rain, three synergists for a quick fix, three commandos for an superior assault to staggered enemies, three ravagers to insta-stagger enemies.

Yeah, not any real combinations I know. But you switch between them anyways...

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Hmmmm interesting I have 3 medics and when I'm using a saboteur and or sentinel I have the other person either healing or attacking and that works well, it just takes a while to get all the status effects you need, however I do like to take my time, if I'm consentrating a fight can take forever, but I like to be careful rather than fast.

So you guys think it's a good idea to use up my built up points on other things and not save them for my preferred abilities?

aka958

Don't trust people
Ebony;236284 said:
Hmmmm interesting I have 3 medics and when I'm using a saboteur and or sentinel I have the other person either healing or attacking and that works well, it just takes a while to get all the status effects you need, however I do like to take my time, if I'm consentrating a fight can take forever, but I like to be careful rather than fast.

So you guys think it's a good idea to use up my built up points on other things and not save them for my preferred abilities?

You could wait till after end game if you don't get over the maximum limit. Your gonna spend those points for the side roles later anyways.

Hahaha... Take your time? I wish those two rakjatjivas would let me, or the Neochu, or... wait... It's only those two beasts that hinders me to complete all missions!

Anyways, the enemy won't let you be slow and careful. You'll have to be fast and secure. You'll need to start up a bunch of status effects immediatly against the baddies, two synergists does the deal pretty good if you can control one of them very well. To always have someone who heals may not sound too shabby, but you won't higher the stagger bar on the rakjatjivas fast enough to survive their extreme body shredding abilities.

The last crystarium stage ain't cheap, it's costy as hell. You'll need those level 5 attributes, especially Commando, Ravager and Medic at level 5. The first half of that stage costs 30.000 per node, then the other half costs 60.000 per node. It took me twenty hours of adamantoise slaying to fill those on all three main roles. If you saved so you have but don't lose anything because of the max capacity then you'll get an advantage post game.

Remember, after finishing of the final boss of chapter 11 you'll unlock a stage in the crystarium too. In case you didn't know or hadn't defeated it already.

Meg

I would wait. You really want to max out your primary roles. What I did is concentrate on the primary roles but also get them on level one of a fourth one. For example, at the moment Lightning is a Lv. 5 Commando and Ravager, Lv. 4 medic, and Lv. 1 Sentinel which comes in handy especially with the last battle in the Titan's Trials.

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;236353 said:
I would wait. You really want to max out your primary roles. What I did is concentrate on the primary roles but also get them on level one of a fourth one. For example, at the moment Lightning is a Lv. 5 Commando and Ravager, Lv. 4 medic, and Lv. 1 Sentinel which comes in handy especially with the last battle in the Titan's Trials.

You've beaten the Neochu and fought Attacus?

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
I like the idea of powering up everyone to at least level 1. I'm quite scared now as to what lies ahead for me. So far all the big dudes have been quite easy for me, however I know that will change. I like the paradigm set I have now and use it all the time - I'll get confused if I have to change it.

Will I get forced to use Snow at any time 'cuz I've just left him to rot, lol!

Also yeah, aka, I am fast within battle what I mean is.......say for example something is in stagger my boyfriend will shout 'RELENTLESS ASSAULT!! WHAT YOU DOING!! and I'll heal and do other things 'cuz I know that even tho somethings in stagger it could still knock me out - maybe if I had just gone crazy and attacked the fight would be over quicker, but I'm careful and concentrate on healing more than anything - I'm a wuss! lol Does that make sense!?

^_^

aka958

Don't trust people
Ebony;236525 said:
I like the idea of powering up everyone to at least level 1. I'm quite scared now as to what lies ahead for me. So far all the big dudes have been quite easy for me, however I know that will change. I like the paradigm set I have now and use it all the time - I'll get confused if I have to change it.

Will I get forced to use Snow at any time 'cuz I've just left him to rot, lol!

Also yeah, aka, I am fast within battle what I mean is.......say for example something is in stagger my boyfriend will shout 'RELENTLESS ASSAULT!! WHAT YOU DOING!! and I'll heal and do other things 'cuz I know that even tho somethings in stagger it could still knock me out - maybe if I had just gone crazy and attacked the fight would be over quicker, but I'm careful and concentrate on healing more than anything - I'm a wuss! lol Does that make sense!?

^_^

Everything makes sense but the wuss part. If it's in stagger you'll go something like 3x ravagers or 2x ravagers and 1x commando to get up the percentage, then you go either 2x commando and 1x ravager or Cerberus.

First priority is always healing, a dead party is a useless party. But if you know your characters can hold out a little longer go all out attacks for a little longer. But if they are barely damaged and the enemies don't pose much threat, then don't heal.

Remember if you switch between paradigms every second turn you'll get a free full bar.

Snow is worthless, you can leave him to rot, but use his CP anyways. Don't let them go to waste. I haven't used Snow once in a battle after I could change my characters, or chapter 7 to be exact.
Snow is all HP and no stats.

If the enemy got little stagger left you could switch to Diversion (medic, ravager, commando) or 2x commando and 1x medic to squeeze out a little more of the enemies health. If you got Fang as your leader, use Highwind if they got little stagger.

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;236862 said:
Yep. Neither was that hard once I found the right strategy.

Tell me how to screw up the Neochu then. It's simply too hard for my characters, whatever tactics I try out.

CloudStryker

Surviving
I havn't posted on this thread yet, but like aka, I too need help with the Neochu. Damn furry, screeching, seed spewing thing.
So Meg, please help.

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanx aka. I haven't been able to get on the X Box for the past few days and I'm dying to get back on and take on some of the advice given in this thread. thanks guys! :wub:

Meg

Its actually really simple. Here are the only three roles you need. There is no need to switch. Hope-Medic, Lightning- Sentinel, Vanille-Sabotur (Team Leader). All you do is spam Death until you get it. I got it withen ten seconds. Simple. :lol:

aka958

Don't trust people
meg127;236939 said:
Its actually really simple. Here are the only three roles you need. There is no need to switch. Hope-Medic, Lightning- Sentinel, Vanille-Sabotur (Team Leader). All you do is spam Death until you get it. I got it withen ten seconds. Simple. :lol:

I meant without the death trick... My Vanille has been left to rot. She has not so high magic stat, and I consider it utilizing bugs... That is not funny.

Have you killed the two Rakjatjivas too?

CloudStryker

Surviving
meg127;236939 said:

Huh, thats a cheap trick.
But who cares, it works. :D
It took me a little bit more than ten seconds though.
*cough* eight mins *cough*
Anyway, thanks. ^_^

Top Bottom