• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Final Fantasy XIII question?!

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Thanks everyone who helped me with this! :wub:

I bought the Cherub Crown, then on it's second form I was using too many commandos and it's stagger wasn't going anywhere - hence me having a massive strop. Then I changed to mostly attacking with ravengers and Orphan was dead in no time!

Hurrah!

Meg - the ending was worse than I thought - they usually last at least 20 mins - I thought we were gonna get a cheesy wedding scene or something and we didn't even get that!

Also I didn't cry - a new record for me!

Thanks again!

Meg

YOU GOT IT!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: That's great. I'm glad you finally did it. AND! I'm especially glad you didn't like the ending either. I HATED IT. And now that you finished it I don't have to worry about giving anything away, so here we go. This is long overdue:

FREAKING SUE! That's what Fang is, a Mary Sue. "Oh hi there, I'm Fang. I'm gonna come in half way, be great at everything, steal the spotlight and save the world despite not being the protagonist, or hell, have character development. Not that there was much to develop anyway. Oh. And thanks guys for apologizing about not letting me destroy the world. Because that's not a quality of a Mary Sue." And the fact that they killed Orphan after saying they wouldn't made no sense. And the whole keeping Cocoon afloat scene was god awful.

I felt like they jammed all the possible endings together into one giant mess. Like, why'd they all become Cie'th? Was that necessary? No. And why'd they all become crystal? Was that necessary? No. And! When is shows them as crystal there are five of them, but there's only Lightning, Snow, Hope, and Sazh. Who the hell is this fifth person?

And why the heck are you naked as a crystal?

Why'd they make Lightning the main character if she had nothing to do with anything? (fan moment, sorry) Its true though.

Why's Orphan look like something that would clog a toilet?

Did anyone else notice Ragnarok had boobs?

Why? Just why?

Whew. Sorry about that, but I have been wanting to rant about that ending for so long, but I wanted to wait for Ebony to finish first so I wouldn't give anything away. I have more complaints about the story in general, but I'll save those for another time. If anyone wants to complain with me let me know. :lol:

The only part of the ending I liked was Lightning's epic speech to the wheel thing. :wub: Sorry....fan moment. Again.

aka958

Don't trust people
Orphan looks like it is because of lack of creativity from square's side. Just look how alike all Barthandelus's forms are.
Your naked as a crystal because if they show some skin in a game they think they'll get more money.

Fang is awesome. o_O
You should attack Vanille for being annoying instead.

The fifth person that was crystallised was god. XD
God is no longer neccessary when Coccoon's gone. And yes, God is a L'Cie. :lol:

They killed Orphan because they got a short term memory.

There. XD

Ebony

Dante enthusiast!
Premium
Ha!

Well Fang for me was just......meh. She was too self rightious and yeah the story took over to be about her and no one cared, because we don't know enough about her. They just didn't explore her character enough. I personally didn't like her - I didn't like the design of the character either. I know hair is hard to get right on games, but Fangs looked like it needed a good wash! The pink hair wasn't so bad.

Snow was just pants. *fullstop*

Vanille was unlikable because she was a lying bitch.

Sazh was fabulous, his story was sort of there, but not enough, I would have liked to have seen more.

Hope - lol - when he expects his father or even mother at the end. What a pile of crap!

Lightning - I love Lightning, I just wish she'd done more.

The naked crystal thing and the number of crystals?? I was past caring by that time. Very random.

Overall though I did enjoy the gameplay and Sazh and Lightning made it for me.

Meg

Ebony;250529 said:
Lightning - I love Lightning, I just wish she'd done more.

Overall though I did enjoy the gameplay and Sazh and Lightning made it for me.

Same here!

There's was just sooo much crap about the story and character development that makes me angry. (See above post :p) At the end when Fang starts to turn into Ragnarok and attack Orphan I started cracking up because I cared so little at that point. It just got so stupid it was funny.

Osaka

trollololol
I'd like to say at this point in time after reaching chapter 11: Their own worst enemy, that I really, really, really think this game is utterly full of ****. God damn it, I really hate the damn thing even though I still want to finish it, it's just bloody unbelievable how this tripe was thought up.... owait it wasn't, I do believe it was made by a group of monkeys while smoking crack and watching Battlefield Earth over and over again. Damn it I don't want to be treated like I've the IQ of a 5 year old. D:<
And really, what the hell was the point of going to pulse? 5 mins of **** story, a few crap monster hunts so far and that's all I'm getting at the moment?? No ****ing variety in the game and to be led up to that point throught the game like the creator was holding my hand or something is insulting.

Top Bottom