• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Female Thor = Feminist Propaganda

Sparda's Rebellion

Style matters in combat.
image-20150227-16185-1oiidus.png

4bd50c9b-92fa-492a-b5c3-9069bf479921-1409x2040.jpeg

Good god. I remember how Marvel claimed that the introduction of Female Thor wouldn't lead to any detract in quality in the writing. And here I am, reading a superhero comic, with dialogue that sounds like tripe from a Tumblr blog.
I kinda like the idea of a female Thor... but yeah that's pretty cringe worthy.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
Not saying anything about his new "Thor" but one of the characters was Thor's daughter http://www.comicvine.com/torunn/4005-67792/
Honest question is why they just didn't brought her from future and make her new Thor's replacement. I mean they brought for some time Nocturne who's daughter of Nightcrawler. But well Comics always had ups and does. Nothing new sadly.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014
It's weird, how does that work!?
Do we need to use reverse physiology on the industry to get what we want or what.
Stop reading comics, watching the movies & start complaining there's lack of whatever & THEN we get it ?
Is this Bizzaro world or something.
I dunno maybe this whole story is just experiment. I remember bad times for X-men and can only imagine they wanted to try something radical. If people wont buy they just drop it.
As for non-comic fans, most likely reason for it is that SJW is vocal minority. They wouldnt matter in voting, but they scream the loudest and wont stop till they achieve their goals

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
whether it's a shameless stunt or not, the writers seem to be doing a damn good job with jane foster as thor (and no, i don't consider this to be a spoiler, it was a major news story on comic book websites and social media a few months ago)

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014

That's great she's a good Thor, there's denying any female characters wouldn't be however i don't think any female characters should be used as a stunt to quiet any group in society that using diversity as a way of self promotion.
She should stand as a woman wielding Mjolnir, not a woman wearing Thor's clothes & using his name just to please wannabe politically correct people who's uncomfortable when they come face-to-face with diversity.
see, i didn't read it as that. i understand where you and a lot of people are coming from though. but to me, this new status quo didn't come off as a desperate attempt to gain new readers, much rather a desperate attempt to gain readers at all. and i think that's what that whole original sin story arc was. with the addition of silk, and thor losing his hammer, the FF dying of cancer, etc. i think they just did it to shake things up for the sake of shaking things up. and while that can be bad sometimes, i feel like in this case, it was executed well (for thor atleast)

Laurence Barnes

Still not dead. Just not really here any more.
Premium
Sometimes I feel like i'm the old crazy man going. "These durn feminists are gunna cause nothin but trouble." and everyone shrugs it off then as they start to tear things apart one by one i'm just sat there shaking my head like. "I told ya dem feminists would be nothing but trouble."

In short, I have been saying for ages that feminism is a dead movement and is just for female superiority and only now have most people started to realise that.

Top Bottom