• Welcome to the Devil May Cry Community Forum!

We're a group of fans who are passionate about the Devil May Cry series and video gaming.

Register Log in

Favorite mythological creature

KRSkull

@Shadow
Not alone in that, there is a reason why we say "one handsome devil"... ;)

Though both demons and angels were bestial in appearance in their early depictions, cause they were something inhuman and made for battle. With time angels got a serious makeover, becoming beautiful humans with wings, while demons remained ugly to make a clearer distinction between good and evil (or something like that).

But sometimes an Angel can be much uglier than a demon inside here *points at his chest*.

Viper

Premium
But sometimes an Angel can be much uglier than a demon inside here *points at his chest*.
Simple folk more commonly makes quick judgement based on outside appearance and not what hides beneath. Hence why for example a guy with unkempt, dirty appearance or rebellious behavior is more likely to get accused of something than a pristine looking nice guy from a good family.
In light of that, people are more likely to seek protection and guidance from creatures beautiful on the outside.

KRSkull

Simple folk more commonly makes quick judgement based on outside appearance and not what hides beneath. Hence why for example a guy with unkempt, dirty appearance or rebellious behavior is more likely to get accused of something than a pristine looking nice guy from a good family.
In light of that, people are more likely to seek protection and guidance from creatures beautiful on the outside.

True but most things are like a rose. So beautiful to look at, yet so painful to touch.

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter
Do hybrids count?

If not, werewolf. Reason? The wolf's always been my favorite animal. So the wolf-man has always been appealing to me. That and they symbolize the inner beast within ourselves.

If hybrids do count. Then my favorite is a dhampir, or half-vampire. What can I say? I like the dark, tragic hero stereotype and being born part blood sucking demon, certainly qualifies, I also like it when monster hunters are paranormal themselves. (That and dhampirs usually have all the vampire powers, but are immune to most, if not all, of their weaknesses)

Sieghart

"Plough the lilies"
y8TfGhD.jpg

5lNjVYV.jpg

Well, how can anyone not love these creatures?

HandsomePeanut

Satan Claus
Doppelgangers are my favorite mythological creature. The idea of a harbinger of death that looks exactly like you terrifies me and intrigues me at the same time. It's also a pretty cool mechanic in DMC3 so...

I like the werewolf too. Admittedly, my love of Remus Lupin from Harry Potter might make me slightly biased towards these creatures.

Innsmouth

Sleeping DMC Fan
Supporter 2014

Well so is
Dracula
the creature from the Creature from the Black Lagoon
Medusa
cerebus
The phoenix
And Frankinstein's monster did have a bride, so just as Vampires, werewolves, the method of creating Frankinstein's monster was recreated.
So not really one of a kind.
Well hmm...yes you have a point

AgentRedgrave

Legendary Devil Hunter

Well so is
Dracula
the creature from the Creature from the Black Lagoon
Medusa
cerebus
The phoenix
And Frankinstein's monster did have a bride, so just as more Vampires & Werewolves were created, the method of creating Frankinstein's monster was also recreated.
So not really one of a kind.
You do have a point...Except for Dracula and Medusa (a vampire and a gorgon)

Last edited:

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
gorgons
harpies
celestial beings
vampires

mostly vampires. it's strange how their one of the oldest creatures in all mythology. fascinating how so many different cultures could come up with the same exact creature. almost as if they REALLY did exist *gasp* holy titsamoley, what if they did

Viper

Premium
gorgons
harpies
celestial beings
vampires

mostly vampires. it's strange how their one of the oldest creatures in all mythology. fascinating how so many different cultures could come up with the same exact creature. almost as if they REALLY did exist *gasp* holy titsamoley, what if they did
Vampire myth as we know it was most likely influenced by medical knowledge of old times being full of holes. Atmospheric conditions bringing to body not decomposing as it was expected, premature burials and later discovery of scratch marks on the inside of the coffin, lung diseases would bring to blood appearing on lips, porphyria (even Vlad III was said to have it), rabies... it all lead to mass hysteria as people tried to explain it in their own, superstitious way.

Rebel Dynasty

Creator of Microcosms
Premium
Gorgon is just name of 3 sisters

I thought Gorgon was the species of creature they were?

Well, time to haul out the Mythology books again, lol. ^^; I clearly need to read up on them, again.

The only thing I can really remember is that bit where Medusa went to Athena's temple to beg for her aid, and the goddess decided to turn her into a monster to keep men from raping her...which is just so cruel; it's not like Medusa did anything wrong. But meh, the gods of old were a capricious bunch...

Jak

i like turtles
Supporter 2014
I thought Gorgon was the species of creature they were?

Well, time to haul out the Mythology books again, lol. ^^; I clearly need to read up on them, again.

The only thing I can really remember is that bit where Medusa went to Athena's temple to beg for her aid, and the goddess decided to turn her into a monster to keep men from raping her...which is just so cruel; it's not like Medusa did anything wrong. But meh, the gods of old were a capricious bunch...
halt thy tongue. the greek gods were such a gracious lot. so kind hearted. magnanimous

Top Bottom